1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPFL Season 2017/18

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Celtic Symphony, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    I see your point but to do it all again the second season that's 12 games in two seasons with the minimal break because of CL qualifiers is asking a lot.

Armstrong has been injured twice this season and that can be said of the whole injury situation this year compared to last, it's a combination of things but to have played a full season of games (as Tierney has) by the start of February is a big ask on a footballers body.

2. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

I don't think Armstong has been the same since the contract situation. I honestly think he thought he would spend this season with us and then get a move down south for silly money. It's not worked that well this season for him and all of a sudden he's into the last year of his contract again. I doubt we'll get much for him now so he may need to knuckle down and try and find his form of last season.

3. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I hope to god this guy Compper is up to it.

Otherwise, we have major issues at the back and not just when playing in Europe.

Even domestically, sides are now looking far more likely to get goals against us. I feared that we had missed a major opportunity to fix these issues in the transfer window and watching the team over the last two games it actually looks like we are regressing.

These performances wouldn’t have looked out of place under Deila.

4. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Craig Levein putting pressure on the refs seems to be working. 38 fouls against us and only two yellow cards in our last two games. I was almost certain Thistle wouldn't finish the match yesterday after the first 15 minutes when their tactic was bring down a Celtic player every time they got close.

Tierney looks like he could be the most fouled player in recent history, the boy just gets hit every time he gets the ball and the refs are allowing this to happen, the boy is going to get a bad injury soon if this keeps going on.

Then you had Cerny boot Dembele in the chest yesterday, last time I checked your foot doesn't need to be that high when your jumping to catch a ball, anywhere else on the park that is a free kick and a booking.

5. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Tierney has been targeted for weeks now and it's clear as day.

Every time he moves the ball past an opponent he is brought down and the trend seems to be these players can do that at will as there is no yellow card produced.

Celtic Symphony likes this.
  6. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

At least a booking. I mentioned this a few months ago but it seems that the refs are letting a lot more go this season. It's not just with us tbf but in general. Though we seem to have been on the receiving end of some of the worst ones. I honestly think Tierney is going to get a bad one soon.

Celtic Symphony likes this.
  7. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Credit where it's due. That was a good result for Rangers today. One of those games where if you win you get little credit and if you lose, you get mocked. They have been not bad this season so far so putting 6 past them is pretty good.

8. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

We actually got another home tie.:eeek:eeek Against a lower division team as well. As expected, so did they and that will be the first game announced as live on telly, even though its the lesser tie of the round.

9. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I wanted Rangers at home as I think we are going to be vulnerable at Hampden should we get past Morton.

I’m not overly confident we are going to win the cup.

10. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    That draw is a complete joke, the top 4 miss out on each other. . .predictable?

I see the hype on Twitter etc has cranked up again, lets not kid ourselves, Alloa beat Ayr last week :laugh:

And Ceaser m8 chill out ;) , I know by your own admission you're a glass half full man but surely you'd fancy us strongly at Hampden against them?

11. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

It was a good result for them tbf. The honest men getting thrashed by the dishonest men. Morelos must be worth close to £20m by now as well.

Though they probably won't need the cash as their enemies in the press keep on putting their games on live. A total disgrace that they have been chosen as one of the live matches in each of the last 2 rounds. I will bet my right nut that they're on again next round.

12. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Good draw for all the sides expected to go through, wouldn't rule out Motherwell and Killie making the semis, both teams managers are good at setting their teams up to win one off games.

We will get stronger as the season goes on, we have a lot of players to come back from injury and an experienced centre half coming in so I expect us to be stronger come the semi final time.

13. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Apologies for the negativity, but I think we are there for the taking at the moment.

If the quarters go as expected, any of Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts would have a decent chance against us.

I know we are still the team to beat, and on our game they probably couldn’t live with us but there’s quite a lot of chinks in our armour right now.

14. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    On another point, our games just keep coming and coming. . . .5 games in the next 13 days again.

Thu, 15th Feb Zenit St Petersburg UEFA Europa League 20:05 H Buy Tickets
    Sun, 18th Feb St Johnstone Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 H Buy Tickets
    Thu, 22nd Feb Zenit St Petersburg UEFA Europa League 18:00 A
    Sun, 25th Feb Aberdeen Ladbrokes Premiership 13:30 A Get Tickets
    Wed, 28th Feb Dundee Ladbrokes Premiership 19:45 H

15. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    No need to apologise mate we just have a different outlook, what that doesn't take into account though is anything can happen in football but before a ball is kicked i'd be very confident against any of them simply because there's not one player out of they three teams who have one player i'd take before ours.

Hearts are the form team and we blew them away.

16. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    I can appreciate what Caesar is saying. Our form has been below par in a lot of games this season. Injuries have clearly had a big impact, and so has fatigue. They're not excuses as we have a large enough squad to rotate, but it's undoubtedly had an impact. Kouassi making some appearances is a good sign, as I don't feel we need to play Brown every single game.

Not having a reliable back up to Tierney worries me and Rodgers refusal to give Gamboa a chance is annoying too. Hopefully now that Ralston is back playing development games means he'll feature in the first team again soon.

17. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Fantastic stat considering where we play and who we play against. .

[​IMG]

18. Person

Person Even angels need angels, Max

Supports:
    West Ham, Ross County
    Does the figure take into account season ticket sales or actually people through the gate?

19. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Don't know m8, two things though. .

1.Our 'through the gate' crowds have been tremendous this season in league games.

2. If it is tickets sold it's a phenomenal stat for a club playing in the Scottish league.

So either way for a club playing in Scotland it's a tremendous stat that not many English/Foreign clubs could get near given the competition.

20. Person

Person Even angels need angels, Max

Supports:
    West Ham, Ross County
    Hamilton sign Kenny van der Weg, get them down Agent Kenny.