1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPFL Season 2019/20

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Monty, Jun 21, 2019.

1. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    Killie winning 2-1. That's the league done and dusted. Gers have been shocking since the winter break.

2. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    It's one thing to get to the top of the division and a whole other to sustain it when your up there and under pressure.

I think the Hearts game away in the cup now is the big one, lose at Tynecastle now and the season and all momentum is completely lost for Rangers. Then there'll be some big questions about whether Gerrard's the man they want leading them into the season with the ten up for grabs.

3. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    First half was average tonight, early goal in the second set up a strong performance. Happy with the result and obviously the Rangers result is another bonus.

Also, I think Taylor has cemented himself as first choice LB now.

4. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    I know what you're saying but the Scottish Cup is no consolation. It's ALL about the league title.

No manager survives in Glasgow when the other side are totally dominating for two seasons.

Gerrard might but it will simply be down to his name and profile.

5. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Yeah if they don't stop the ten, then that is everything. But winning the Scottish Cup is the sign of progress they need to suggest that they've got a chance next season, another trophyless season and it's complete and utter failure again despite all the money spent they'd perhaps be looking elsewhere for someone to win the league next year.

6. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

After helicopter Sunday I will never count my chickens again, but you have to think that last night may prove to be defining.

I can't quite believe how much Rangers have imploded since the turn of the year whilst we have found new impetus.

If we do go on to win the title I think Gerrard will only go if it's his choice to. I don't see him being shown the door and a new guy coming in with us going for the ten.

I just hope we continue as we are and don't let up.

7. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

They won't be able to afford to punt him. Understand why you say it's a surprise they've fell apart but I've been saying for ages that it's as much of a surprise that they were doing so well. They are not a good team and don't have any or many good players. I think others, including a fair few of our fans, fell for the media bullshit that they were a lot better than they were. To me the biggest thing they were doing was making better teams look poorer but now that other teams dont seem to fear them as much we are seeing their limitations.

There is also a huge question over their mentality and that's the bit which is always going to hold them back. Not just the team but the whole club.

8. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

To be fair, I think they are a decent team, but their mentality is certainly questionable.

I have also never been convinced by Goldson at the back yet he seems to be undroppable.

The honeymoon period for Gerrard is most certainly over and his name alone now won't be enough to get him by. More of their fans will be asking questions of him now, but i still think the majority will stick with him unless they completely unravel in the coming months.

9. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Gerrard has spent the guts of £25m mate. In Scottish footballing terms that is huge and no club in Scotland is spending anything close to that and hoping for a Scottish cup.

Believe me a Scottish cup for Rangers as Celtic seal 9 in a row is a disaster for them.

10. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Job done.

Was a poor overall performance from us but the wind was horrific at times.

The problem for me was like Livi away when we lost we allowed ourselves to be brought down to Aberdeens level and got dragged into a battle with little football being played.

Thought Julian was outstanding given the ref was giving him nothing against the battering ram Curtis Main.

A pivotal win towards 9 and I really can't see any scenario where we are stopped.

13 clear, over to you Gerrard.

11. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    A brutal game to watch in horrendous conditions. Credit to Forrest and Ajer combining for the winner.

12. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    The conditions were a total leveller so then it comes down to fight, determination and mental strength.

That today was up there in the top 3 games should we go on and win 9 in a row., superb.

Copenhagen on Wednesday now for me. . . Sad day when Norway in February will provide better weather and conditions.

13. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Not a good watch at all today, but the conditions weren't condusive to good football. Massive result though.

What gives us an advantage is that barring a couple of players we have a scoring threat throughout the team. In the past week we have had a goal from three defenders and four midfielders.

Having come through this period with so many away games and winning every single one of them, it feels like we can now only throw this away.

14. Monty

Monty Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Raith Rovers, Arsenal
    Copenhagen is in Denmark

Lisbon 67 likes this.
  15. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    WTF did i just write :laugh: