1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPFL Season 2019/20

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Monty, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Rangers supporter Bobby Madden selected to referee his team in a big derby game on Sunday. The other option was Beaton, a Rangers supporter who spent the evening after refereeing his team against Celtic, posing for pictures with fellow fans celebrating their win and his performance.

This is how it works in Scotland.

2. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Was £49 last season which is also a disgrace.

3. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    So from this season to last, who has strengthened more, us or them?

Games will tell but for me it's us. . .

Goalkeeper, right back, Centre back (maybe) and the left side of attack have all been improved.

For them the only player i see that improves them is supposedly going to be Aribo and the jury is out on him as he has been invisible in his two biggest tests against us and Legia Warsaw.

4. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Their test is how they recover from losses imo. I also am still amazed that they spunked that money on Kent and have basically wasted a fair few quid on bringing in loads of wingers. If they had that money available it should have been used more wisely. Like us they were desperate for a LB and now Flanagan has picked up an injury which will keep him out for a while by all accounts. Also, Jones has been left out of the European squad which suggests that his injury is a bad one. Which tbh was desrved as he tried to hurt a fellow professional.

They have also wasted a fair few quid on that Swedish defender and early form suggests he's not going to get into their side. They had one new player against us at the weekend despite all the ones they signed so surely their fans are going to start asking questions of slippy and why he is wasting huge amounts of money by their standards.

For us, its arguable that we have a little bit backwards as well. We are weaker at LB but that is fair enough as we could never replace Tierney with like for like. I also am not convinced that we are better at RB but time will tell and Elhamed has started really well tbf to him. I think Jullien is an upgrade on Jozo or Boyata but again early doors. If Forster regains form then we've definitely upgraded there and hopefully the other boy from Southampton can rediscover his form and if he does then we look a bit better there. I think our squad is stronger overall though and we have mixed in a few starters with a load of projects. Hopefully Shved gets some game time as Forrest could do with rest as the season goes on as he'll probably play all the internationals as well.

I think if we can avoid the ridiculous injuries we get we'll be far stronger this season domestically. I would like to see us play a few of the younger players in the next league cup game. The likes of Connell, Afolabi and one or both of the youngsters we signed from Manchester hopefully get starts. Maybe a half and half team if you like with a very strong bench. I know that sounds a bit computer game like but we have to give some of these guys a chance and make them feel involved as with our injury luck we'll probably need them at least on the bench at some point.

In truth when you look at our "second" team, we could probably win the league with that as well. Or fairly close to it. I don't mean that to sound as arrogant as it probably does but the likes of Jozo, Taylor/Boli, Bauer/Elhamed, Shved, Sinclair, Griffiths etc would walk into any other team.

5. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Seems to be a fair few rumours growing that Mark Allen has walked from Govan. Be a bit of a strange one if true unless he's got a job elsewhere.

6. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    How is Mo getting on so far for Celtic? Hopefully he's doing well?

7. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Played his first game yesterday. I thought he was poor to be honest bar the first 15 mins or so. Same as the rest of the team in truth.

8. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Oh. Let's hope he picks it up a bit then.

9. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    How long does Craig Levein have left before he's given the boot? 2 points from their first 5 games and booed ringing around Tynecastle in their loss to Motherwell.

10. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

If the result this weekend between Hearts and Hibs is anything other than a draw I would fancy the losing manager to get the bullet.

11. Monty

Monty Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Raith Rovers, Arsenal
    Levein is as good as gone, a win at Easter Road will only delay the inevitable. Heckingbottom deserves a bit more time although that doesn't mean he will get it.

12. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I can see both being away before the turn of the year or sooner.

13. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  14. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

15. Eaman

Eaman Registered User

Supports:
    FC Barcelona
    RIP Fernando Ricksen

16. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    RIP Ricksen.

Two good results in Europe tonight. Was pleasantly surprised by us.

17. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    A good four nil win today.

18. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

A good win for us last night and a few squad players getting game time. Great to see Sinclair not only score but get a great reception from the fans. Meanwhile, another "lucky" decision goes the way of a certain team when the game was close which the media are trying to balance out with a head clash which even McAllister said was an accident. Clear red for Helander should have been given looking at TV pictures.

19. SJ Mackem

SJ Mackem Jack Ross' Red and White Army!

Supports:
    SAFC
    This is a hell of a win here for Rangers. They're hammering a team that started the day in 3rd, really sending out a message. As has been pointed out before, they don't necessarily need to beat Celtic to keep up pace with them.

20. KeithC

KeithC Registered User

Supports:
    Newport County
    How's Cristian Doidge getting on at Hibs ?