1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello Guest. We'd appreciate your feedback on some proposed changes we have in mind for the Championship, League One and League Two forums. Please take a moment to read the proposals, and make your comments here: Clicky Clicky
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest. Please take a look at the following thread, and if at all possible donate a little to help our mutual friend Hazza at a very tough time:Clicky Clicky
    Dismiss Notice

SPURS 15/16 vs SPURS 11/12

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by superyids, Feb 16, 2016.

1. superyids

superyids Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    I Thought i'd compare 2 of the teams that have seen us play some of our best Football during the premiership era. I didn't really bother with the 09/10 team that finished because it isn't drastically different from 11/12.
    whose better? right now seems like its the pnnacle but you can't help but salivate at a few of those names in the 11/12 XI, We don't have any uber-stars like bale in our current team. but perhaps we have a steel and team spirit which eclipses that team? we defo have a better GK and striker than we did in 11/12.
    WHO WINS??

Lloris
    Walker/Alds/ Verts/ Rose
    Alli/ Dier
    Son/Eriksen/Dembele
    Kane

VS

Friedel
    Walker/King/Dawson/BAE
    Lennon/Modric/Parker/Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

#1 superyids, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
  2. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Formarly known as Lockie

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    Bale RW over Son and Modric for Alli (sadly!)

Make those two changes and we'd win this league for sure, given how close we are anyway!

I wouldn't make any other changes.

3. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    Ledley??
    VDV?

Shifting alli forward is an option

4. BeeLz

BeeLz Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Can only agree with this.

As good as King and VDV were at their best you couldn't count on them for an entire season/match.

Eriksen is one of our hardest workers and every since the new year he's stepped it up a notch. Creating more chanches than anyone in the league, scoring some goals, etc.

5. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Probably better to ask at the end of the season. For me I wouldn't swap this squad for any we've had previously (in my lifetime anyway).

The 09/10 squad achieved Champions League qualification and 10/11 went and did us proud in the tournament itself.
    11/12 ended with disappointment, perhaps easy to forget they actually finished 4th but I will always look back on that season as what could/should have been.

As for the defensive debate, Kaboul bossed it that season so deserves as much a mention as either King or Dawson.

Until we've clinched a cup or 4th (or better) I won't get carried away with this season. We've achieved nothing yet. 11/12 looked promising too and it crumbled when it mattered. We only won 4 of our last 13 fixtures.

6. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane glory glory

Supports:
    Spurs since 1990
    Current team has more legs in it, more unity and less weaknesses. And most of all a far faar better leader in Pochettino.
    Team of the past however had three players on different level in King, Modric and Bale.

7. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    LOL- forgot kaboul. he was class that season aswell :laugh:

8. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Formarly known as Lockie

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    Lloris
    Walker Toby Jan Rose
    Dier Modric