1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stadium:mk - Mk Dons

Discussion in 'Grounds Guide' started by Rigoglioso, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Sharpey

Sharpey Exiled Abroad

Supports:
    Walsall FC
    Getting There: As the others suggest absoulete nightmare, the amount of roundabouts in MK is laughable, the ground is in the middle of nowhere had to go round the back of the stadium onto the A38 then past the ASDA. 2/10

Car Parking: Easy enough parked outside the stadium cost us a couple of quid though but not really any problems getting on and getting off 8/10

View and comfort: Pretty good, we managed to get behind the goal, and the seats have been mentioned are comfy. Adequate legroom. 8/10

Catering: Didn't try it at £5.40 for a Burger and chips, they can sod off. :bye

Atmosphere from Home Fans: Average, they only really sung one or two songs and only really heard them when they scored. 5/10

Pubs, things to do nearby: Apart from an ASDA or an IKEA next door. Nothing its in the middle of nowhere. 1/10

Overall Ground & Day Out Rating: Looks half-finished from the outside hardly looks like a stadium, but from the inside much better once they put the top tier on. They could do with putting a couple of signs up around the nearby area as its a pain in the a**e to find, i would advise going to ASDA for something to eat. 7/10

2. SaddlerMatt

SaddlerMatt You reds!

Supports:
    Walsall FC
    Getting there: Can't really comment as I went on the supporters Coach.

Car Parking: Again I can't really comment, the Coach parked near the main entrance. Did seem to be a good amount of parking spaces mind you.

View and comfort: All our tickets were for the corner part of the stadium which was blocked off so Walsall fans got to choose where to sit. I had a cracking view behind the goal, about 3 quarters of the way up. The seats & leg room is second to none although the seats can be a bastard when your teams on the attack and you keep rising from your seat, they seem a little rusty to push back down. 8/10

Catering: Me and my brother treated ourselves to a nice packet of big eat Cheese & Onion Walkers before the game (£1 each) come HT I was feeling slightly peckish so I decided I'd treat myself to a big juicy Hotdog but suprisingly they'd ran out! 4/10

Note - They're is a Mcdonalds & KFC right outside the ground.

Atmosphere from Home Fans: Considering the overall attendance was 8,923 (728 Saddlers) it was terrible, all game. The Cowshed Stand seemed the only vocal area of the stadium which also occupied a drummer who seemed to just drown out any chant the Dons fans tried to get going. 2/10

Pubs, things to do nearby: They're really is nothing to do, it's in the middle of nowhere. 1/10

Overall Ground & Day Out Rating: Brilliant Stadium (even if it is half finished), great point and a decent atmosphere from the Saddlers faithful, what more could I ask for! 8/10

#22 SaddlerMatt, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
  3. Erasmus Boogles

Erasmus Boogles Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    There's actually a pub not too far away, on the far side of the pond behind Asda. You aren't going to come across it by mistake, it has to be said, but it's certainly there.

4. 12inchplate

12inchplate Geordie Jeans

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    The referenced pub nearby is a complete shit hole. Unfortunately, I've been to a few Dons games as I live a 10 minute walk from the stadium so can agree with everyone that there is zero atmosphere. The food is the same stadium crap you get everywhere, but there is an IKEA, ASDA, KFC and McDonalds within close proximity of the ground. Although I do not rate Milton Keynes as a place to live, I find the amount of negative comments about the roundabouts from non-MK people hilarious. Grid systems are the way forward ;)

5. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc VIP

Supports:
    Watford
    It's not even in MK!, it's in Bletchley ffs!

6. 12inchplate

12inchplate Geordie Jeans

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    On the very outskirts of Bletchley, which is part of MK.

7. Erasmus Boogles

Erasmus Boogles Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    I can't say I formed much of an opinion either way when I went. OK, I don't think it was the sort of place that would draw visitors to admire its rustic charm, but on the other hand it didn't look the sort of place where you'd get beaten up if you asked for a clean glass either.

As for roundabouts....my dad lived in MK for a while, many years ago. I remember walking somewhere and they'd even put a little roundabout in where two footpaths crossed. I just have visions of some designer really thinking pedestrians would stand and wait, giving way to other footpath users walking from their right.

I do think MK's ground would get rated a lot higher if it wasn't MK. They are a club that a lot of people just want to hate everything about, and that does tend to hinder objectivity.

8. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc VIP

Supports:
    Watford
    Bletchley is not a part of MK, Bletchley has it's own train station

9. 'Uddersfield

'Uddersfield @uddersfield

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town. Duh.
    Getting There: Honestly fine, don't know why people are moaning. The roundabouts make the traffic a lot, lot better. 8.

Car Parking: Easy - parked on an industrial estate 2 mins walk away for free 9/10

View and comfort: Great. 9/10

Catering: Expensive but decent - beer was good and hot dog was too. 7

Atmosphere from Home Fans: Couldn't hear them. 2

Pubs, things to do nearby: Nothing its in the middle of nowhere. 1/10

Overall Ground & Day Out Rating: 7

10. Yonner

Yonner Twat

Supports:
    Oldham Athletic AFC
    Stadium:MK, a ground bursting with Character and passion.

Amazing atmosphere, and should defiantly be visited by all proper and true football fans.

11. LOFC

LOFC Registered User

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Here here.

12. GTFC1979

GTFC1979 Registered User

Supports:
    grimsby, liverpool
    Its funny reading through all these posts all saying Stadium MK is in the middle of nowhere and nothing to do nearby as my sister in law lives there and we went to visit her in June and there are 4 or 5 pubs and restaurants in a block right outside the ground, and also a big shopping complex too.
    I guess these have all been built in the last 4 years then! :laugh:

13. Sam Browning

Sam Browning Registered User

Supports:
    MK DONS, MANCHESTER UNITED
    Nice ground, good view and seating but rubbish atmosphere. Need to do better!!