1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Swansea v Bradford City Capital 1 cup Final

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by Trundle, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Trundle

Trundle Registered User

Starting this thread early because it is the first time we have ever been in a major final and I want to live the dream. To me its going to be a cracking day out for a game I am treating as a luxury game where I will stay and watch all the presenting of the cups whoever should win and milk the occasion although not rich I am going to buy the most expensive ticket I can lay my hands on and if that means staying in a few weekends it will give me something that money cannot always buy seeing my team at Wembley in a Final.

2. Son

Son Active Member

Supports:
    Carlisle United.
    BOOOO!!

I wanted it to be a ManU reserves v Chelsea reserves final this season, they treat this competition with more respect than any other football club.

Nah im just joking! :laugh:

3. sgrayson

sgrayson New Member

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I hope Bradford get destroyed for canceling our game this weekend, the cheats.

You'll still lose the rearranged fixture :bye

4. Poole Jack

Poole Jack Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City
    Ticket allocations are a complete joke!!! 31k tickets for both clubs and almost another 30k for the hangers on and corporate party goers.

They should just split the allocation like they do for the playoffs and give 40k to each club which i no doubt both would sell.

5. Son

Son Active Member

Supports:
    Carlisle United.
    I don't want Swansea to win for being ****ing cheats and encouraging little children to cheat is so wrong and this is an English cup competition so go back to ur own coutry!

6. Ross Kemp

Ross Kemp "Pretend Welshman"

Supports:
    Yeovil Town
    Feel quite sorry for Swansea fans. If they got to the final any other year they would have most fans cheering them on. But how can any neutral not want Bradford to go all the way

7. Trundle

Trundle Registered User

Don't really care we will fill our allocation and the fact the whole world will be rooting for Bradford will not really bother us we are comfortable in the premier and things could not ever be better to be a Swans fans.

8. THE DADDY

THE DADDY New Member

Supports:
    bha fc
    Brilliant final and may actually watch this unlike the other boring predictable finalists:)

9. Poole Jack

Supports:
    Swansea City
    FFS... that was poor bait fella :fail:

10. mitchwales

mitchwales Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Yawn.

Nah that's cool, we'd definitely do the same if they were playing another club.

The great thing about this final is allows fans of any club to dream, and associate with whichever team wins. Bradford obviously as a League Two club and us being bottom of the football league 10 years ago, and League Two still at this point 8 years ago.

Hate losing, but losing to a club who's fans support that club and not just success, is far better than losing to a team like Chelsea, who boo their players if they're only third in the Premier League.

11. Simmsy

Simmsy Registered User

Absolutely bang on! This angers me this. And before people start saying well Bradford and Swansea can't even get those numbers at home. **** that, it's their big day not just for the club but for the town/city.

12. BCFC~McPeake

BCFC~McPeake Cool for cats.

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Similar to Trundle...

This could possibly be the only time in my life time I'll ever experience anything like this, so I'll be larging!!!

Week off work, hotel already booked for Saturday and Sunday night in Argyle Square Kings Cross, and I'll also be purchasing the best seat tickets I can get my hands on.

I'm far from rich or well off, but I'll be going all out! Can't ****ing wait!!!

It's mental!!! Let's have it!!!

13. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    People have been saying this for years. The allocations are pathetic.

Count yourself lucky it's the League Cup and not the FA Cup where it's nearer 25k to each club for the final. (31kish for the semis)

14. JamieB

JamieB PS3 - bantamigo

Supports:
    Bradford City
    It's a joke that so many tickets get handed out to the prawn sandwich brigade. Many of whom won't even bother turning up!
    But we'll easily sell our 31k and I'm sure Swansea will and both sets of supporters will have the time of their lives win or lose. I think this is the perfect final for the neutral and the League Cup as a competition.
    Hotel is already booked and 4 weeks seems like an absolute lifetime away!
    The club are talking about bringing a special shirt out, which will be all claret which I'm not too pleased about. Keep the hoops and the shirts that got us there! They're letting the fans vote for or against it.

15. Abbomf

Abbomf Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    The final is a sponsors nightmare, I can only hope that tickets that will not be wanted will trickle down to the real fans at reasonable prices. I note that the usual ticket sites have the tickets at Man U v Chelsea prices, be interesting to see how they go.

Bit strange with it being Swansea, our paths have rarely crossed regularly, there is no "history" between us and they seem pretty hard to dislike really, they play good footie and even have a nice manager. I don't think one half of the stadium will FO like spoilt brats as soon as the final whistle goes, that'll be a refreshing change. It seems that we are giving 3 tickets to ST holders, so that is nearly our allocation gone and it'll turn into a big family day. Going to be mega scramble for the left overs...........

I am just glad it's not Chelsea, seeing them running around with the cup after beating Bradford City would have had the nation spewing up. I give us a 15% chance, whatever happens it's win/win for us, seeing our claret and amber in major final is something I never ever thought would happen, I am sure every Bradford City fans will milk the whole weekend for what it's worth! Wish my dad was still alive.

16. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I want Bradford to win to show just how good some players are in League 2,for those who never watch it it's not all kick and rush as some teams like to keep control of the ball.

17. Poole Jack

Supports:
    Swansea City
    How can you only give yourself 15% chance ? You've beaten Villa over two legs and we've only taken a point off them over two games. You beat Arsenal and Arsenal knocked us out of the FA Cup. In my book its 50/50 you are strong at set pieces and we are bit like Villa defending them.

You have every chance on the day. Most fans will want you to win and you have nothing to lose.

18. richtea

richtea Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield Wednesday, England
    This is the first League Cup Final for a long time that I am looking forwards to watching.
    Two proper old fashioned football clubs, with fans that don't view a trip to Wembley as a yearly entitlement.
    As a Yorkshire man I must favour Bradford, but as long as it's a good match and no one feels cheated out of the result then I do believe that the league Cup can regain some of it's old glory.

19. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Without meaning to sound patronising, it is fantastic to see another 2 teams reach the final who aren't 'the usual suspects'.

Swansea, Bradford, Cardiff, Birmingham, Liverpool.... All in the last 3 seasons.

20. Abbomf

Abbomf Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    You are not being realistic. It is Premier League v Basement Division, 15% is generous, it should be a routine win for Swansea.

I can think back to Notts County missing an open goal in the last minute that would have knocked us out. Wigan missing a hatful. Arsenal bottling it in -3 with Gervinho missing one the most spectacular open goals of all time. Villa? they could have been 0-4 up in the first 15 mins at Valley Parade and if Benteke was a good a finisher as he is player, he could easily have a hat trick in both games. We are not known for scoring from set pieces, it's just that everybody can against Villa!

Still, it's win/win for us whatever happens.