1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello Guest. We'd appreciate your feedback on some proposed changes we have in mind for the Championship, League One and League Two forums. Please take a moment to read the proposals, and make your comments here: Clicky Clicky
    Dismiss Notice

Talking about any stuff.....

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by redsoxs, Nov 12, 2011.

1. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Wolves at home if we beat Plymouth, nice.

2. Adam

Adam "I'm Alpha as f**k!"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Thoughts about how we should play without Mane?

I'm a strong proponent of putting Firmino back into the false 9 position, Coutinho out left and I'd probably go with Origi on the right. I don't like Sturridge out wide and think Origi has a tendency to drift anyway, so for me that'd cause the least disruption possible. Origi is no Mane but Sturridge is just too fragile to trust with such an important role for me and with Coutinho back it's vital he and Firmino are close to each other and can feed off one another.

3. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah Origi could fill in for Mane. He was played RW a few times for Belgium, & he'd replicate his pace so we could still stretch teams & counter. But I fancy us to go with this: Coutinho Firmino Lallana, & if Origi starts then this: Coutinho Origi Firmino. Can't see Origi playing RW, maybe the Burnley game with Sturridge there put Klopp off.

Adam likes this.
  4. Adam

Adam "I'm Alpha as f**k!"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I think Lallana could fill in on the right and normally I wouldn't mind, but I'm so weary of moving him at all given his form this season. I'd hate to see him lose it to cover more out wide, but every option we have carries similar risks. It's not as if Origi plays wide right for Liverpool so who knows how that'd go.

All assuming as well that we don't buy a stop-gap for Mane. I have a feeling we won't be buying anybody significant in this window which could be a mistake unless the manager just doesn't think there's literally anybody available who could make the difference.

5. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I don't think we'll be signing anyone in this window at all, Paul Joyce said it's unlikely we will. So I would like to see Harry Wilson getting a go, he's got 20 goals for the U23s this season from the wing. He's been very unlucky to not get a chance already.

6. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Flanno
    If Ojo hadn't had that long-term injury I think it'd have been a good opportunity for him. As it is he's still making his way back to full fitness.

I want Firmino false 9 & pace right of him to sorta replicate Mané, but it seems likely that the LFC combo will move forward. They did well in big games last year tbf. We'll need Origi's pace certainly, but I'd rather him wide for now as Firmino & him just don't work the other way round.

7. MullereD

MullereD Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Surely has to be this

Lallana Henderson Gini

Origi Firmino Coutinho

8. gielinar1

gielinar1 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Perhaps we should try going two up top while Mane's out? Sturridge looks lost when asked to do the lone striker role & played alot better when alongside Origi in the early cup games.

Mignolet
    Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
    Henderson
    Lallana Wijnaldum
    Coutinho
    Origi/Firmino Sturridge
    Something like that. It gets Firmino more central & gives Sturridge his strike partner that he thrives off. The only issue would be a lack of width, mainly down Milners side.

Can't see Klopp straying from his tried & trusted 4-3-3 though, but it'd be interesting to see.

9. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    No thanks, Coutinho is far better from the left and the 4-3-3 is definitely most suitable for our forward line imo. The only problem is replicating Mane, which Origi would be better suited than Sturridge for if we don't plan to reinforce.

10. gielinar1

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yea I've never really been a fan of Coutinho down the middle, but if we're trying to get Sturridge into the side then I really don't think he fits in a 4-3-3. The only role he has in that formation is from the bench imo, ala Everton.

Mane for Origi in a straight swap makes the most sense, with Firmino down the middle (who himself has been a bit gash recently). Hopefully having Coutinho back in the side will liven him up.

StillHurts31 likes this.
  11. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I can't see a place for Sturridge in the side if Firmino is in tbh. I think Firmino has only been poor because we've been accommodating Sturridge. He always plays far better with Coutinho in the side and through the middle, lots of flair.

12. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We're not the same team when Sturridge starts. The dichotomy is he's our best goalscorer.

13. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We aren't a team when Sturridge starts unfortunately.

kaboose likes this.
  14. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Flanno
    Sturridge is bloody brilliant, I love the guy, but we're not in the position where we need him anymore. a good thing tbf. Play the most functional best XI team now, which atm doesn't have him starting unfortunately.

Machida likes this.
  15. MullereD

MullereD Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Firmino looked much brighter against Southampton when Coutinho came on hopefully his form picks up.

16. kaboose

kaboose Too Coutinho for De Bruyne

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Firmino does play better with Coutinho. Which scares me about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MullereD likes this.
  17. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    So if we beat Plymouth this is our remaining January fixture list...

15th - Man Utd (A)
    18th - Plymouth (A)
    21st - Swansea (H)
    25th - Southampton (H)
    28th - Wolves (H)
    31st - Chelsea (H)

:laugh:

18. kaboose

kaboose Too Coutinho for De Bruyne

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Time to let the young kids get some minutes. Time to focus on staying in the CL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah we definitely can't afford to be playing a strong side 3 days before we play Chelsea. Especially considering our best players will have played 3 days earlier against Saints. Gonna have to be our bench players + kids vs Wolves.

20. gielinar1

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Definitely play the kids for both FA cup games. League cup & league are priorities, even if it means getting knocked out of the FA cup.