1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Global Coronavirus Pandemic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Tshabs, Jan 18, 2020.

1. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Can’t wait till RDS starts espousing the benefits of gargling a toxic vaginal douche instead of taking an actual vaccine…

“For some anti-vaxxers, the new hot – but still utterly ineffective – coronavirus countermeasure is gurgling a liquid used as a vaginal douche and cut disinfectant.”

“What's troubling beyond the fact that Betadine does not prevent coronavirus – when asked if it had any preventative use, a doctor told Rolling Stone “f*** no” – is that the solution is meant as a topical treatment and is toxic if ingested.”

ER doctors warn public after anti-vaxxers start gargling iodine to avoid covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I really don't understand their logic at all. They don't trust the pharmaceutical industry with a product specifically designed to help protect against Covid, but they do trust something else developed by the pharmaceutical industry that is designed for washing vaginas and cleaning wounds. Seriously, how ****ing moronic do you have to be?

FranniesTache, Zydus and Panja like this.
  3. RedDevilsShinja

RedDevilsShinja In need of a new username

Supports:
    Manchester United
    They key variable for most is TIME.

Anyway, Government: If the NHS becomes overwhelmed we will have to bring in mandatory vax passports.

Also the Government: The NHS is understaffed, we've reduced beds by 5000 & we will sack the 10%+ who aren't vaxxed, which guarantees a crisis if winter & record waiting lists doesn't achieve it.

Deceitful nefarious ****s.

4. Papa Francesco

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    The key variable should be whether it works or not. And of course if the vaginal douche you are gargling is actually toxic when ingested :laugh:

5. Guyett

Guyett Posts gifs

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur

Dont worry about that... there's been so much TIME spent checking these magic beans, I mean alternative medicines.

6. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Which it obviously doesn't, obsession with mass vaccination is just driving evolution to form vax resistant strains (Delta) but I guess people still aren't willing to accept that our latest attempt to do something hasn't worked and has had bad 2nd and 3rd order effects.

7. Guyett

Guyett Posts gifs

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Screenshot_20210915-094021_Chrome~2.jpg Screenshot_20210915-094053_Chrome~2.jpg

Yep mass vaccine drives were definitely the driving force in the evolution of the delta variant.

(Less than 15% of the Indian population had 1 dose after the cases had gone down to the pre-peak levels, less than 5% before the exponential growth.)

#20107 Guyett, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  8. Papa Francesco

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    It obviously does.
    Obsession with something doesn't drive evolution. In order to drive evolution of vaccine resistant strains, the vaccine would have to work. So thank you for agreeing with me :thumb

9. smogtilldeath

smogtilldeath Registered User

Supports:
    the 1 and only mighty boro
    delta isn't vaccine resistant though. It's more resistant than previous strains, but not entirely. Sarah gilbert has even been on record as saying for it to be entirely resistant, there is a high probability it would lose it's ability to infect human cells.

Your kind are taking up a disproportionate amount of hospital beds through your own ignorance, it's only fair you are the first to be prevented from doing things should the situation deteriorate. I will reiterate this again, it's your own fault if you are stopped from doing things. As i said before, I even think the government have been far too lenient on you.

You keep saying it's the government creating a "me vs them" mentality. It really isn't. It's just a lot of us are ****ing sick of having to correct people because a load of people are spouting absolute bollocks that the vaccine renders you infertile, makes you magnetic or even makes a lightbulb light up in your mouth. I'm personally worried because i fear for my mental health if we have another lockdown, all because of the lies essentially spouted in the last sentence.

StretfordEnd likes this.
  10. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Yeah, tbf people who don't wish to take the vaccine cannot expect to have their cake and eat it too.

You don't want it then fine... but if places start requiring it then you are being given a choice, go to get the vaccine or don't attend certain events. Nobody is holding anybody down and forcing them.

Are anti-vaxxers/vaccine sceptics genuinely afraid of the vaccine, like @RedDevilsShinja what do you think will happen to you if you take the vaccine? This is what I don't understand.

RedDogChris, Marty_LFC and TLC like this.
  11. smogtilldeath

smogtilldeath Registered User

Supports:
    the 1 and only mighty boro
    It's infuriating, because if people took their lies seriously, then the probability of lockdown gets stronger and stronger.

It honestly baffles me, what is the end game of these people who spread lies, if they are so vehemently opposed to restrictions like they say they are? The sources of the lies are purely out to make money, but your average person on the street who spreads them is seriously ****ing themselves over.

RedDogChris likes this.
  12. Zydus

Zydus Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The spike in the cases earlier in the year was due to massive relaxation of rules and carefree attitude of people, with addition to mass political rallies and the daft farmer's protest (which the English media here choses not to blame even when hundreds are gathered there for months against laws that actually help poor farmers but narrative).

Our cases are relatively steadied now, apart from the mishandling happening in a single state Kerala (which again the English media choses to ignore because they are ruled by communists).

But our vaccinations have been brilliant since the last couple of months. Probably the only thing protecting us now, cause people are still behaving in a carefree manner.

We are doing 6 to 10 million vaccinations daily which is more than entire Europe. The only problem is that this number is still relatively low because of our massive population. But the signs are good.

However, our festive season has started, which will last for few months. Hopefully vaccines protect us.

13. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United

More fear mongering nonsense :rolleyes

14. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    They worked in the beginning, they clearly don't work anymore.

Any establishment that asks for proof of vaccination would not be getting my custom regardless of my vaccination status.

I just don't want to take something that's been rushed to market where the manufacturers are immune from liability.

15. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    tbf I don't think this is fear mongering nonsense. We are already at 1000 a day.

16. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    'Your kind' :laugh: Christ I can't believe how much you're falling for the governments othering. This has never ended well in history.

It's not the general publics fault if this tyrannical government puts us into lockdown again going against 40 years of pandemic planning. I'm sorry your mental health is struggling but blaming your fellow man isn't the right reaction when your anger should be directed at the government for even putting you into this position in the first place.

Yes it it. To get 7k hospitalisations/day by the end of October we'd need to switch from 'cases' contracting at 25%/week, as they are doing now, to rising at 60%/week from tomorrow, & then stay there for the following five weeks. That simply isn't feasible.

17. Papa Francesco

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Why do you insist on being wrong?

I think it is tbf. Cases have fallen for 9 days in a row according to the official figures, this is during a period where kids have gone back to school where you would think cases should at least peak a little. During that time the growth in daily hospitalisations has also slowed, and would be expected to begin to fall if case numbers continue as they are. So the prediction of daily hospitalisations getting to nearly double the worst they have ever been in this country does seem rather sensationalist to me.

valefrommow and MrLeeLemon like this.
  18. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Fair enough, I certainly agree with your points tbf but would say that SAGE were given this fear mongering criticism this time last year predicting deaths would rise to 200 a day and we needed a lockdown. They were proved right in the end, and so whilst this isn't evidence they would be right again... I think people should be careful to throw the fear mongering criticism out there given previous examples.

I'd rather people say, well 7000 is a bit ridiculous but is 2000, 3000, 4000 a day acceptable because that could still occur if some action isn't taken? We have had 100+ dying each day for a while now, and people don't seem to care.

Papa Francesco likes this.
  19. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    don't worry @Papa Francesco i'm sure that given @RedDevilsShinja has "done his own research" he can comfortably answer all these questions without a google...

[​IMG]

20. valefrommow

valefrommow Registered User

Supports:
    port vale