1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Global Coronavirus Pandemic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Tshabs, Jan 18, 2020.

1. smogtilldeath

smogtilldeath Registered User

Supports:
    the 1 and only mighty boro
    I had a chat with my mam earlier about it.

She said it may be a precaution to have him in there as he's such an important public figure. She said if he's conscious he's probably there to use a respirator to assist in his breathing (if it is painful for him to inhale). The telling thing is if he falls unconscious, that is when the ventilator gets involved, and that is where it turns really bleak. I didn't understand all of the equipment she mentioned but that's what I made out from the conversation.

I hope to god he's ok. I know it sounds stupid, but it feel like someone I know has died. Think this is seriously going to hit home with a lot of people if he actually does die. I think it will really make people realise their own frailty.

2. Andrew

Andrew Broken leg stuff

Supports:
    Brighton
    That's not what he's saying, he's referring to death rate for over 50s who have been admitted to ITU.

Not the death rate for over 50s in general.

3. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    I was thinking this. He’d be moved there long before any of us would as a precaution to give him the best chance.

4. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    It’s staggering. The absolute nadir of it I’ve seen is some bloke who posted “Boris is sick, share this post so he dies quicker”. The replies are f*cking mental.

Yes, it’s a disgusting thing to say, yes it’s way over the line but people tagging Wolves and saying to ban him from the club because of the tweet? :laugh: It’s f*cking ludicrous.

And that’s before you take a second to look at his profile & realise it has all the hallmarks of a fake account anyway. Have a look for yourself.

Joe Woods #GTTO (@JoeWood74323155) | Twitter

Absolute screams of a troll/throwaway account attempting to wind people up and f*ck me people have flocked to it like a moth to a flame.

JoshBCFC, SamB_SCFC and Adam like this.
  5. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker I thank God in all my remembrance of you...

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    This is how I feel about it. Genuinely gutted and worried for him. Will be very sad if he dies. It certainly will hit home.

Schindler likes this.
  6. Adam

Adam Are you cereal?

Supports:
    Liverpool
    This guy wanted David Lammy for Labour leader. How seriously should he be taken? :laugh:

Ultimately even if he is totally legit....so what? He's literally just some guy on the internet who has no more power or influence than people give him. Don't feed the trolls is the oldest rule going on the internet, other than Rule 34 perhaps and despite its name.

JoshBCFC, Jonny Ninja and SamB_SCFC like this.
  7. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    I think that’s the likely scenario as well.

It’s the whole reason I’ve never had Twitter and never will. It’s full of c***s

83royal, Schindler and SALTIRE like this.
  8. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Never had FB or Twatter . Absolute poison.

9. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Same. ****ing dreadful place.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  10. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
  11. smogtilldeath

Supports:
    I hope to god you're right.

12. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Problem number 3 to add to my previous post. There's a thing nowadays about loudly expressing moral outrage, like somehow it makes you seem better to be publicly on the side of 'good'. And people want to do it as loudly and with as many virtual witnesses as possible to accentuate their goodness and sense of moral superiority.

So whenever obviously stupid things are posted, whether by trolling or someone who's clearly too stupid to be taken seriously, people are falling over themselves to take offence and scream it loudly from the rooftops to heap maximum shame on the perpetrator and claim maximum moral brownie points for themselves.

It really is pathetic and is the problem when uneducated, random people basically have free reign to publish to the world. 25 years ago to publish anything you needed to get your article past an editor and convince them that what you were writing was worth publishing. You generally had to have qualifications and years learning your craft before reaching that stage. The same with TV, to get on TV you had to go through an awful amount of hard work to get there and get into the position where you could be an influence on the wider population. Nowadays anyone can post anything online and not just the whole country, the whole world can see it. Same with YouTube and video content. Absolutely no checks and balances and no quality control whatsoever, and this is what the youngest generations are mostly consuming now. Unfiltered content that literally anyone can create in 5 minutes. No wonder there's a huge dumbing down of society.

#4012 SamB_SCFC, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Tshabs, The Valiant, Tomohawk and 2 others like this.
  13. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    I haven’t really used FB for about 10 years. This and 1 other forum is my limit on social media nowadays

14. smogtilldeath

Supports:
    He'll be on antibiotics too then.

He needs to rest now, all he's doing is weakening his immune system if he does otherwise. Even before he tested positive you could see he was overworking himself.

15. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Only use this now.

16. Andrew

Andrew Broken leg stuff

Supports:
    Brighton
    FB is shit (and potentially dying?)- but twitter if used in a certain way is a great source of entertainment/information.

17. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    People like to vent sometimes and the internet and trolls are a great place to do it. Some people want conflict, most others enjoy watching it. We're all guilty in some capacity. The Flat Earth thread on here is a fine example :laugh:

18. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Never trust a computer that’s my motto .

19. smogtilldeath

Supports:
    i don't use any social media apart from facebook. The only reason i signed up to facebook originally was because i was told it is needed to keep up to date with uni events.

I've been contemplating deleting it for a while, but keep getting talked out of it by my partner as it helps me maintain contact with mates.

20. 83royal

83royal Registered User

Spot on. Went on twitter earlier and undr the bbc announcement of this was someone who just replied "hahahaha". Literally hundreds of people replying to him/having a go and genuinely giving him what he wanted. Just ignore tits like that and move on