1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Global Coronavirus Pandemic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Tshabs, Jan 18, 2020.

1. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    If they need a laptop/PC to perform their duties, they should already have one. If it's a desktop that sits in an office, then let them take it home. That's what we've done where I work.

Dez, King_Kenny and MrE like this.
  2. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
  3. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    The lack of work is getting bad for some folks, a dwarf mate of mine is struggling to put food on the table.

NotsoPosh and johnnyT like this.
  4. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    It's a really daft idea, I've not listened to this podcast in particular but have listened to him quite a lot in the last year or so as I find his ideas quite interesting to listen to even if I don't agree with them.

It's only really going to strengthen anything that he's said and the claims that he's making.

He's been very vocal about issues like Jeffrey Eptsein and Prince Andrew, and he certainly won't be surprised that it's been taken down.

I don't see why they feel the need to completely silence an alternative view and perspective, if it isn't hateful, and I've never though David Icke has been hateful in his views when I've listened to him.

5. Dez

Dez Likely to cause offence.

Supports:
    Wrexham
    Duck ponds are essential for a remote working environment.

6. NorfolkSaddler

NorfolkSaddler Registered User

Supports:
    Walsall
    Lighten the mood a bit.
    33871.jpg

NotsoPosh likes this.
  7. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Boris out of Intensive Care.

Probably sending a Tweet as we speak !

NotsoPosh, johnnyT, Schindler and 2 others like this.
  8. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    A vast majority of them have in the past been caught fiddling their expenses or claiming for ridiculous things, so its not like they dont have form for this kind of thing. Sickening thing about it is, the vast majority of them are wealthy people.

9. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    Not a surprise eh(regarding recovery)

Can't wait to see him on tele again telling us what we can't do ffs

10. Adam

Adam Are you cereal?

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I agree in principle, however, I don't think Icke's views should be labeled as 'alternative'.

Icke's claims are similar to those made years ago about the MMR vaccine causing autism. That claim made by Andrew Wakefield is not an 'alternative' view that has some basis in reality. It's a fundamentally flawed, baseless and fraudulent claim. Labeling it as an alt view would suggest that it has a degree of credibility, as though it merits serious discussion alongside the so-called 'mainstream' view which in Icke's case would be that 5G towers are not spreading Coronavirus.

Icke's claims are often based on nothing but what he's conjured up in his mind and then seen fit to sell to the public as he peddles paranoia and fear-mongering as insight.

Does any of that mean he shouldn't be allowed to express his crackpot theories? No, I don't think so. But David Icke is an expert in nothing but making up the *evidence* he wants to support the *theories* he invents. He's being made a bit of martyr by all of this but I don't think it should distract anybody from what he actually is.

11. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    I didn't mean to give his view any credibility, by calling them alternative views. By that I just mean views that aren't held by most people.

Adam likes this.
  12. NorfolkSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall
  13. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Boris Johnson out of intensive care. Nice one!!

Adam, Tomohawk, Schindler and 2 others like this.
  14. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    He should go to B&M's buy picket fencing , charcoal & a ladder & get a Free Shetland Pony ( only 1 per customer :D[QUOTE="NorfolkSaddler,post: 9309873, member: 42471" View attachment 84739 [/QUOTE]
    On their way
    On their way
    Sunny Hunny
    They're on there way.

NorfolkSaddler likes this.
  15. NorfolkSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall
  16. nazzac

nazzac Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    With the essential shopping issue.

I think it is one thing going shopping for food and getting things whilst you are there, because at the end of the day you are already there for the essential stuff anyway. It is another thing entirely to go out to just buy something that is not essential.

At my work i had a customer order some picture hooks...

The Doc likes this.
  17. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Fair point, and of course DIY stuff like that, and fencing panels, and the other stuff mentioned in this thread isn't necessary to sustain life, but if people want to do things at home they've been putting off it would be good for their sanity to have something to do? Hang that picture, put up those shelves, decorate that spare room etc. etc., has to be better than sitting around in your boxers watching brain mulching pap on the telly.

:shrug

zippy likes this.
  18. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    i agree. We’ve bought some creosote and going to do the fences which we’ve put off for ages. We bought some paint too and have painted the outside wall. It’s a long time to spend doing nothing and we don’t usually have time to do all these things when both working. It is an ideal time to get things in order

19. nazzac

nazzac Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    I understand that a lot of people are bored and that it sucks being couped up inside all the time for certain people, but what about the sanity of those who are working in these shops being put at risk over something that is not really important? Not to mention that the people going out are putting themselves at risk of getting to virus off people who also shopping and working in these shops. I know it sounds extreme, but this person going out to buy picture hooks or whatever could have the virus and could spread it to more people and one of them could end up seriously ill and potentially die from it. Is it really worth risking lives over being bored at home?

Being a retail worker during this time is quite scary if i am honest. I wake up every day anxious about going to work because today could be the day i get the virus. I try take all the care i can whilst at work such as keeping my distance and wahsing my hands regularly, but i think if one of my colleagues gets it, then it will almost be inevitible that the rest would get it.

20. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Apparently Jeremy Corbyn turned down his £10000 and donated it to the NHS...rumour has it