1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Global Coronavirus Pandemic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Tshabs, Jan 18, 2020.

1. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Of course, surely you want to know the real reason your relative died?

I've read quite a few stories, locally, of people dying of non covid illnesses and having covid given as the reason...it seems its happened countrywide.

Mowgli likes this.
  2. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    I see death certificates in my job and seen a lot with Covid 19 Pneumonia on them. Causes of death are put in order for example :

I (a) ischemic stroke
    (b) Hypertension

II Frailty of Old Age

III Covid-19 Pneumonia

so it would suggest to me in this instance they died with C-19, not of. They would have probably died from cause I (a) and (b) and II. What I’m trying to say is they’ve tested positive but did they die from it?

TLC and Mowgli like this.
  3. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    The issue is whether that person would have lived if they didnt have Covid pneumonia. For anyone frail, old, or with bad underlying illnesses, covid is very dangerous.

There's always going to be anecdotal stories of deaths wrongly classed as Covid, and with a big enough sample, I'm sure there are valid examples. However, Covid deaths match up well with excess desths, so I doubt there is some big conspiracy, or we have materially overstated Covid deaths.

4. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    True but is it just to prove the point or get a ease of mind knowing the truth.

Or saying people could have been treated better /differently had they not just been given the COVID tag ?

5. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Buried my mother-in-law last Monday. In mid-January she was in hospital being diagnosed with what turned out to be pancreatic cancer after being ill for a few months over Christmas, as usual they tested her before she as admitted and she was negative. Whilst she was in there, and bearing in mind she was over 70 and very ill, the hospital put someone they knew had suspected Covid in the bed next to her. Two days later when she is scheduled to leave they give her a covid test which comes back positive. Ten days later she's dead from Covid pneumonia, which is on the death certificate.

Not blaming the hospital, at the time it was overrun with suspected cases, and given the cancer diagnosis and her age I suspect she only had months at best to live anyway. But what an absolute cnut of a situation which I've no doubt is being repeated everywhere in the world.

Mowgli and SamB_SCFC like this.
  6. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Yes that isn’t good.

Sorry to hear that.

They should try to keep those with COVID away from those who haven’t.

Suppose they are so pressurised and busy they might have no choice.

There was a BBC sports reporter who had cancer and died who pretty much said the same thing.

He was more scared of getting COVID in hospital that he'd rather just be at home and unforgettably tragically passed away.

#17606 Super_horns, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  7. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    They do I believe, they have Covid wards set up and segregate when they can. But when the cases pile up, sometimes this type of situation is bound to arise.

SamB_SCFC and Super_horns like this.
  8. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Suppose they are so pressurised and busy they might have no choice on occasions.

There was a BBC sports reporter who had cancer during this pandemic who pretty much said the same thing.

He said he wasmore scared of getting COVID in hospital that he'd rather just be at home and unfortunately tragically passed away as well.

9. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    As someone who has had Covid, despite being under 50 and relatively fit, I can tell you it's a real shitter. I can only imagine what it's like if you're 65+. It took me a good 3 weeks to get over it and I still have the occasional day where I feel a bit shit and lightheaded 6 weeks after the positive result, although that could be a coincidence.

A friend of mine who's 40 is a running nut (approaching her 250th marathon and did a 100 mile endurance race in less than 22 hours in 2019) and she had Covid early last year. You won't find many people fitter. She said she couldn't get a sentence out without getting out of breath and walking up the stairs she had to sit down at the top for a minute. Took her nearly two months before she could run again. Strange the effect it has on different people.

SamB_SCFC likes this.
  10. valefrommow

valefrommow Registered User

Supports:
    port vale
  11. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Yeah my wife works in A&E and the department is split in half and anyone Covid positive or query Covid (in other words, they have a cough or any other vague Covid symptom) is separated from non Covid patients. But when it gets really busy there have been times when it's got a little mixed, particularly on the wards. It's unfortunate but it's been an unprecedented situation and hospitals just weren't designed to segregate so many people.

Pagnell likes this.
  12. valefrommow

valefrommow Registered User

Supports:
    port vale
    Zoe daily update
    Daily new cases of COVID is 9,723 this is down from 9,729 yesterday -6

Going to leave this now for a couple of weeks as it's not showing any trend but official cases are still dropping, may start again if opening of schools affects case numbers.

StretfordEnd likes this.
  13. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I would expect cases to go up again once the schools open, but hospital admissions to remain lower with the first jabs stopping the vulnerable becoming seriously ill.

Also, the large number of people who have had it in the last 3 months will have natural immunity, even if they've not had their jab yet.

14. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    A quick comment on the lateral flow tests that school kids and NHS workers are getting their current weekly testing performed on. They're not worth the plastic they're made from from my experience. Both myself and my wife had one done on the days we came back positive at the local drive in test centre simply because the opportunity presented itself, and both the lateral flow tests came back negative. It's remarkable we're putting any trust in these things.

15. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Covid vaccine: Germany urged to back AstraZeneca jab for over-65s

Coupled with Macron's comments about it being quasi-inefective, makes you wonder at the size of this balls up really.

Seems the EU public are already sceptical of the Oxford jab.

16. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Pfizer'd
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    The Doc likes this.
  17. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Just added to my original post.

Yeah feel that with vaccines a lot of uptake is on public confidence. So once the Oxford jab has been pilloried by those in power its a struggle to build up its reputation.

I was of the mindset I didn't care but in my head I was hoping for Pfizer, which shows how all the mis information permeates through.

With the comments made and USA still not approving, you hope this isn't some ulterior profit making motive by certain governments/bodies.

18. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The potential of additional deaths in Europe because some felt the need for petty revenge by questioning the effectiveness of the AstraZeneca vaccine simply because they wouldn't buckle and allow them to jump the queue, leading to low uptake from even those in the age group that wasn't being questioned. Good luck washing that blood off you cnuts.

Also, with a vaccine that is set up as not for profit, it was never going to go down well with some looking to make billions off the back of a global crisis like this. It should come as no surprise to anyone it's not been approved in America.

#17618 Pagnell, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  19. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I bet Macron feels like a right cnut now.

Mowgli likes this.