1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The KC Stadium - Hull

Discussion in 'Grounds Guide' started by safcrhys, May 27, 2010.

1. safcrhys

safcrhys Ha'way The Lads

Supports:
    Sunderland
    How Easy Is It To Find?

To be honest it wasn't that bad, there is a motorway (forgot which one) that runs under the iconic Humber Bridge and you just keep driving along it until the stadium comes into view. 7/10

Car Parking? I took the coach so didn't get a good view of where fans who made the trip by car could have parked, but their didn't seem to be a car park anywhere near the stadium, cars jammed the streets around the area and it became abit of a nightmare to negotiate our way to the ground. 2/10

View and comfort?

Quite a decent view, which is to be expected from one of the newer grounds to have sprung up over the past few years, seats were alright aswell, although I didn't spend alot of the game standing. 8/10

Catering?

Terrible, beer tasted like piss and was flat, person working the till grumbled when she spoke and generally sported a sour puss for the duration of the match. 2/10

Atmosphere From Home Fans and away fans is it easy to create a good atmosphere in the away end?

Be fair to the Hull fans it was a decent atmosphere even though they were watching their club going back down to the Championship, Sunderland fans gave as good as they got as always and it was quite easy to get chants going. 8/10

Pubs, Things To Do Nearby?

Lots of pubs and lots of restaurants near the stadium, easy to get a bite to eat and a drink pre-game, I would recommend this as the grub and the drink in the ground isn't anything to be proud of. 8/10

Other comments:

The ground is relatively new but looks tacky from the outside, you can tell it was a cheap job, large panels seem to make up the majority of the stadium and they are coloured in blue and yellow, rather than the amber and black which Hull play in, which I found quite strange.

KC Stadium overall: 7/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 safcrhys, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  2. Sacko

Sacko Tigers Tigers Rah Rah Rah

Supports:
    Hull City
    Correct. The food and drink is nothing short of abysmal. Bought a pie once and it was burnt to a crisp. We seriously need to look into it. I also agree the beer is god awful...

We share the stadium with the rugby team Hull FC, so that's why it isnt amber & black.

The blue and yellow are Hull council colours, and as they pumped up the cash for it, sadly they seemed to have forced this shitness upon it.

It's a very poorly finished stadium. Everytime I go I seem to discover more pencil marks and writing on the brick work in which the builders wrote on when they build it....

3. Pete the Rover

Pete the Rover Registered User

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Theres a huge car park / empty land where coaches pull on to behind the corner/end the away fans are in. :rolleyes

Was a shame you went down, one of my favourite away days without the amount of friendly/welcoming pubs near the ground.

4. safcrhys

safcrhys Ha'way The Lads

Supports:
    Sunderland
    It was a canny atmosphere from the Hull fans too, they deserved the standing ovation we gave them at the end. Hopefully Hull can make a return to the top flight sooner rather than later, I enjoyed their brief stay.

5. howaythetoon9

howaythetoon9 Registered User

Supports:
    Newcastle United, Gateshead with a soft spot for Rangers
    All the bridges and walkways to get to the stadium are daft too, the clarendon(name?) is a canny pub though, and the chippy next to it are spot on! They didn't put me chipspice on though!

6. hcfc-adie

hcfc-adie Formerly adiebishhullfan

Supports:
    hull city
    great ground some of us complain for its lack of carachter (spelling) but it really is a nice place to be

7. howaythetoon9

howaythetoon9 Registered User

Supports:
    Newcastle United, Gateshead with a soft spot for Rangers
    Wor lass reckons Boothberry was a better place to be like.

8. bury_claret90

bury_claret90 the dingles are here !!!

Supports:
    burnley fc (dingles)
    really enjoyed it there i was easy to find, easy to park didnt really like the beer it was marstons i think
    what made it even better we left with 3 points

9. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    How Easy Is It To Find?
    Really easy. It helps you pass it coming in to Hull on the train to give you an idea of which direction it is but it was a straight road walking up to the ground. Simple walk.

Car Parking?
    Looked to be quite a lot, I got the train so made no difference to me but one of the better grounds for parking that I've been to. Not sure how expensive it was to park mind you.

View and comfort?
    Both decent. My ticket was right behind the goal though so that helped.

Catering?
    As said above, pretty crap. I'd have been better off saving my money.

Atmosphere From Home Fans and away fans is it easy to create a good atmosphere in the away end?
    Difficult to tell. Home fans weren't particularly noisy although better than some I've been.
    Our fans were crap, I imagine it's easy to create an atmosphere for those who prefer singing to whinging for 90 minutes.

Decent, short walk from the city centre so we found a cheap wetherspoons in the centre. We passed other pubs and restaurants/takeaways on the way to the ground though.

Other comments:
    Enjoyable enough day out. Biggest negative was our own fans which Hull have no control over.
    Easy to get to and one of the cheapest aways in the league :thumb

10. Asad950

Asad950 Registered User

Supports:
    Pakistan
    Nice stadium and best for the playing the matches.

11. millers

millers Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    Decent stadium if a little small for PL......................................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Faustus

Faustus Make Faustus Bacchus Again!

Supports:
    '
    How Easy Is It To Find?
    Easy, it's signposted from both the station and major roads near and around Hull.

Car Parking?
    Don't drive so I'm not sure, but the car park is bigger than a lot I've seen at other grounds.

View and comfort?
    Seats are a bit tight on legroom, but the view is good, feels quite close and intimate for a Premiership ground.

Catering
    Thought it was good, nice food and better selection of drinks than most grounds.

Good, but depends where you sit. The away end is right next to the home singing section so it can be entertaining, home ends away from there are pretty quiet though.

Outstanding. It's worth the extra walk into the old town for the sheer variety and choice of quality pubs.

Other comments:
    Worth making the trip too as an away fan, it's entertaining where you're placed in the ground, has a good view and decent prices. I lived in Hull for several years while I was at uni, so had the time to go to occasional games, usually sitting in the away end.

13. roxanwright

roxanwright Registered User

Supports:
    rugby
    It was pretty easy for us to locate this stadium last year. I think it was one of the best trips we had so far. I have no complaints with the seats and view. The atmosphere was nice enough.

14. Parmos

Parmos UTFB

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    been to Hull a few times now with the boro sometimes very hostile especially walking over the footbridge after with police horse's kicking off...........

cup game there a few seasons back well more than a few was a daunting experience we drew and came back to the riverside i stopped over and got hammered.