1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

The Official Unofficial Ins, Outs and Bollocks Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by SpursLegend, Mar 19, 2009.

1. superyids

superyids Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    as well as the obvious links with Janssen i'm quite liking the links to wjnaldum.

think he's a top player personally. but more to the point with Newcastle's relegation could be relatively cheap. premiershp-proven as well. could be a shrewd signing I think.

#4261 superyids, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I like Wjanaldum as well. He's no better than what we already have, but will be a decent squad player.

3. Kiz

Kiz My name is mud, it's always been.

Supports:
    Tottenham,Dartford
    wijnaldum started last season well, but faded mid way through. Would still love him here. Always liked him as a player. If we can get him in with Janssen, and with the addition of Wanyama that would be a decent start to the window.

4. BeeLz

BeeLz Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Janssens should be done, excellent signing I think. Exactly the type of striker we need.
    He reminds me a bit of Van Nistelrooy, so if he turns out to be even half the striker he was I think he'll be fine :p

5. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
  6. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Gotta love silly season rumour!!!

7. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    Looks like we're getting this N'koudou kid. can't say I know to much about him but general feedback i'm seeing is that hes a top young prospect. well hopefully anyway.
    seems the wjinaldum move is dead- but I think 25M for him was always going to be more than levy is prepared to pay. if was hoping Newcastle wud sell him on the cheap.

8. Kiz

Supports:
    Tottenham,Dartford
    Won't he be just like N'Jie?

9. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane glory glory

Supports:
    Spurs since 1990
    Easy to make that comparison. From what I understand, N'Koudou is more of an (leftsided) attacking midfielder, while Clinton is more of a striker (who doesn't really fit our system). Also it seems that N'Koudou have performed much better in the french league than Clinton. N'Koudou more likely to take players on with the ball, a type we don't really have in the squad from before.

As you can see he's nominated for UEFA award among the best players in Europe last season (with Alderweireld and Lloris), as the third best player in french football. I've never seen him play myself, but he's clearly rated.
    UEFA Champions League - News – UEFA.com

Kiz likes this.
  10. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Looks like Bentaleb and Pritchard are both going, Fazio too but less surprising.

11. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    heard Swansea linked with chadli as well.
    i'm assuming Njie is still going on loan to Marseille or has that stalled?

12. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    can someone explain to me why this nkoudou deal STILL hasn't been finalised. he had a medical over a month ago and is training with us. seriously wtf?

I think 13M is a right touch for chadli. good prices for mason and Pritchard as well and (agreement hoping) bentaleb as well. I sincerely hope with all this money coming in we make a VDV style signing before the deadlines closes. (fingers crossed)

13. Kiz

Supports:
    Tottenham,Dartford
    It's a shame chadli's gone. I lilked him. I really hope we invest this money in a quality player.

14. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I wouldn't have sold Chadli personally, certainly with no incomings still.

At least get the replacements sorted before you start selling everyone.

15. SaddlerJack

SaddlerJack Registered User

Supports:
    Walsall
    I thought this as well. If you sign nobody else having sold Chadli then you will be lacking quality in squad depth this season.

16. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    As I said in another thread, if we're bringing in nobody else then Poch is putting a lot of faith in to the youngsters.

We were too naïve at times last season so could do without losing some of the experience in the squad. Chadli's popped up with a decent number of goals in his time here.

I can Chadli wanting to leave for more football but we need replacements if we're going to let the likes of Bentaleb, Chadli, Mason and potentially Son leave. Hoping the latter is just rumour more than anything.

17. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane glory glory

Supports:
    Spurs since 1990
    Reckon Levy wouldn't sell Son even if Pochettino wanted him out.
    His commercial value in Korea and Asia probably pays at least his wages. Not that long ago we signed a big deal with a korean company due to him. Would have been rash to sell as well, he started very bright with us before his injury. And although it was Europa League most came from, he had for a long while our lowest minutes played per goal/assist ratio. Think there's more to come from him, even if it is tempting to make a profit on him with 25m mentioned (Wolfsburg, Everton)

Not surprised that Pochettino is getting rid of many of the back up players who let us down last season. Hope Carroll follow them out, we're getting decent money on them that can be reinvested, and we got more youth coming through that they are blocking the path of

18. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    SSN reporting that we are not selling son- which I'm happy with.
    chadli did pop up with a handful of goals but for that price i'm fine with him going. almost twice what we paid for him. SSN report 13M for mason- that's pretty good going as well. pure profit on him.
    we must have recouped around nearly 40M now so i'm hoping we are greeted with a nice juicy signing tomorrow although I'm not holding my breath.

19. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Seen alot of moans on twitter about our transfer dealings. Personally, I'm very happy with the dealings. Sissoko on his day is superb. Wondering if he'll eventually sit in the Dembele role. Signing him makes us more flexible.

N'Koudou, I'v never seen him play so can't comment too much.I did read that he was loved by fans so can't be too bad.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

20. BeeLz

BeeLz Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    A bit worried about our depth but the signings we made are improvements.
    Janssen > N'Jie
    Wanyama > Bentaleb
    Sissoko > Mason ( Depends on which Sissoko turns up but I've got some faith in Poch getting the best out of him )
    Lopez > Mcgee
    Nkoudou > Chadli ( remains to be seen )

We've got a backup/competition for Kane and for Dembele and Dier which is what we needed.