1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Unofficial Ins, Outs and Bollocks Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by SpursLegend, Mar 19, 2009.

1. superyids

superyids Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    have to say I think sissoko is a bit of a panic buy. 30M for him? the vast majority of Newcastle fans on twitter, radio etc all say he turns up a few times a season and that's it. if you had of told me at the start of the summer we will sign a player for £30m I certainly would have anticipated a higher profile signing that him. however he was pretty hot in the EUROs so hopefully we see THAT sissoko when he's playing us.

on the positive side: we are certainly stronger squad wise this season. we have some beasts in midfield and the squad will be VERY important as we obviously won't rest players in the CL. and I think sissoko does give us someone who can be a formidable holding midfielder as well as someone who can play in the 3 behind the striker.

2. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Had to have a chuckle at Everton saying they pulled out of signing Sissoko as a gesture to James McCarthy because they're a family club.

Reckon we dismissed signing Isco to keep Tom Carroll happy too.

Wanyama already looks the part and Sissoko is a good player on his day. I just worry about his attitude, it was piss poor last season and he won't be guaranteed a start every week here. If he doesn't get his attitude spot on then he'll be out of the door quickly.

superyids likes this.
  3. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Have read we are linked with Memphis Depay from Man Utd. To be honest, I wouldn'tmind us getting him. Still young at 22 and still has potential to improve.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

4. Kiz

Kiz The Erotic Vulture

Supports:
    Tottenham,Dartford
    I've seen some right loopy rumours of late. Barkley being the main one. And the Zaha links just wont go away.

Also Depay can **** right off. He has shown nothing at United for me to think he is decent, and his attitude is piss poor.

5. KevRowe61

KevRowe61 Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    A mate of a mate who is a friend of a former player who regularly attends WHL as said Josh King from Bournemouth all but guaranteed in the summer

6. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    i've heard this as well.
    no disrespect but surely we can do better.

7. Guyett

Guyett Posts gifs

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I disagree, he'd be the type to thrive here. A marquee signing would unbalance the team.

8. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    he might well prove a good signing but we should be thinking bigger.
    with a 2nd consecutive CL season beckoning and us really looking to break into the big time I would think we would set our sights higher. big clubs sign marquee players. it is an always has been the case throughout the history of Football.

ultimately he'd only be a back-up to kane anyway.

9. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    Seems to be qite a few rumours circling yesterday on links to Mahrez. us and arsenal battling it out for around £30M supposedly.

allegedly mahrez had a verbal agreement with Leicester last summer to play one more season. in fairness to him he didn't just jump ship like kante straight away. wonder if leics will honour the agreement??

10. Richie123

Richie123 Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Supposedly it was between him and Ranieri. So hopefully we dont!

11. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I don't want Mahrez tbh. As good as he is you can't guarantee he'll turn up every week. Leicester fans have regularly asked for him to be dropped over the past 3 seasons and it's not because he lacks ability. On form he's fantastic, out of form he's a passenger.

12. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    MANY RUMOURS

I would love us to sign lemar. my favourite of the links

Hazza likes this.
  13. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Same here. Really like the look of him!

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

superyids likes this.
  14. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    yeah he looks a class act. then again so does pretty much most of the Monaco team. no surprise to see so many of their players linked with moves elsewhere. hopefully the whole Lloris angle has some truth to it- and we can actually use it to help us attract lemar.

15. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    COME ON LEVY! get your chequebook out.even the rumours have dried up :no:

outgoing: Marseille have already signed N'jie off us and now are apparently interested in shitsoko

16. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    I know we r not exactly gonna be in for galactico's but surely chicarito was worth a punt. he looks a great signing for wet spam... on paper at least. offer him a juicy signing on fee if needs be.

17. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane glory glory

Supports:
    Spurs since 1990
    Don't think Chicarito was for us. He's not very versatile to play off Kane, and when Kane's out he doesn't have any hold up play so would be second choice to Janssen any way - who I think will have a good season if there's game time to be had.

Poch just gave an interview from the us tour where he pointed out how much faith he has in his squad and our academy. And that there's no stress to get things done in the transfer market.

18. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    He's pretty much a guaranteed starter for WHU whereas he knows he'd be a bench player and cover at best with us. I didn't really want him. Would prefer to give Janssen another season instead. I'm convinced that he will come good for us.

19. BeeLz

BeeLz Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Same, he was 22 and came from the dutch league, his first season was always going to be a struggle.

I trust Poch to know what he's doing, it might look like we lack depth but maybe the likes of GKN, Janssen, Onomah, Winks, Edwards, CCV, KWP are all impressing in preseason and training.

20. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    With GKN, people forget that he didn't have a pre-season. He was stuck in no mans land waiting for the transfer to happen. Maybe he'll come good.