1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Race To League One

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Panja, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Owl1969

Owl1969 Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Not sure about Rotherham but other 2 look odds on
    On the plus side for me, if away fans are allowed next season I'll get to some new grounds, the only one I've not done in the top 2 Flights is Wycombe and they'll more than likely be playing us again next season.

2. SpongeParr

SpongeParr Registered User

Supports:
    QPR
    We are definitely in this party! We aren't scoring, not keeping clean sheets and I think we'll sack Warbs if he doesn't win at least one of the next 2 games (excluding cup, though thats against Fulham so us getting thrashed could see him go). Luton away, Wycombe at home. Failure to win either of those will surely see him go..

3. David Bird

David Bird Registered User

Supports:
    Derby County
    At the mo it's 3 from 8, think the 3 who will go in the end will be Wycombe, Rotherham and either yourselfs or Sheff Wednesday,
    I hope to see Forest, QPR and Brum go, but that will not happen though.

maybee likes this.
  4. GABS

GABS Registered User

Supports:
    Yoouuu Bees
    We did warn you about him :D

5. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    Could be the season blues finally drop...surprised they haven't sacked Karanka yet...

6. maybee

maybee Registered User

Supports:
    brentford
    They will avoid the drop again 17th 19th 19th and 20th last four seasons

7. BelizeHatter

BelizeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Heating up, all the way to midtable

8. HappilyLost

HappilyLost Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall
    Birmingham are in trouble. If they keep Karanka, you can see them getting relegated.

Derby seem to have it in them to pull clear. Forest (especially with the new loan signing) will pull clear now and finish comfortably mid-table.

That doesn't leave a lot of clubs. Sheffield Wednesday who have mid-table form but due to points deduction are 23rd. While their second half performance against us was completely abject, they still should have 31 points which is above relegation. They have a massive game on Tuesday at home to Wycombe, which if they fail to win, would give them a lot to do. A victory though will pull them back into the scrap to survive.

Rotherham don't seem to be a team who are getting relegation results. 2 games in hand could see them level on points with ourselves.

Coventry are ticking a long nicely with point, but a dip in form could see them plummet.

I think ourselves, Cardiff, QPR, Luton, Barnsley, QPR will be safe. 4 more wins would put us all on about 46/47 points which would be close to survival. Add in some draws, and be pushing 50.

Beating Sheff Wed yesterday was massive for ourselves, the difference between being 4 points and 10 points from them. I was thinking about a relegation battle after about 30 minutes though when trailing 1-0.

3 teams from the following for me Wycombe (All but mathematical at this point), Birmingham, Sheff Wednesday, Coventry.

9. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    We've got a extremely difficult fixture list in February. If we can manage to stay out of the bottom 3 come March, I think we might just do it.

Either way I can see it coming down to the final day which we will probably be involved in.

We desperately need Walker back, if we had him (or Godden for that matter) playing. I believe we would be 3 points better off from the last two games.

The midfield of Hamer, O'Hare & James seem to be coming together and we've played well recently but the goals haven't come.

10. maybee

maybee Registered User

Supports:
    brentford

I hope you dont go down, ive enjoyed watching coventry on tv this season , got some very good players

11. Ooh-to-be-a...

Ooh-to-be-a... Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    Well I put the mockers on our season at Christmas when we were 12th or thereabout saying that this season is the first in living memory we've not been involved in a promotion or relegation battle :fail:so here we are late to the party but never mind.

12. HappilyLost

Supports:
    Millwall
    Big match tonight; if Wycombe win, then Sheff Wednesday are in the shit, with teams above them having games in hand.

Sheff Wednesday also play Swansea, Brentford and mid-table Stoke in 3 out of their next 4 games. If there was ever a must win game for them this season, home to bottom of the table Wycombe is it.

I want Wycombe to win this match, will mean theoretically that for ourselves, if we do collapse and plummet. The further Sheff Wednesday is from us points total wise, the better.

13. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    :roflmao

14. HappilyLost

Supports:
    Millwall
    If Sheff Wed put in the same level of performance against you as they did against us in the second half, you're well within a chance!!

Was a complete capitulation, we must have had about 20 shots on target. Unheard off for a Gary Rowett team.

I take that back, that you're in with a chance; 15 minutes in and Sheffield Wednesday have Wycombe pinned back in their penalty box with a couple of goal mouth scrambles and last ditch defending keeping the Sheff Wednesday attack at bay.

Looking like an easy win for Sheff Wednesday here.

1-0 Sheff Wednesday; Wycombe looking like a defeated team as this point.

#74 HappilyLost, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  15. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
  16. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Don't be silly. You were shit last season and survived - you're nowhere near as bad as last season and won't slip anywhere near the relegation places

17. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    You haven't been watching us. Absolutely no idea where the next win is coming from right now. It's the reverse of last season with a strong start and woefully bad finish. Just got to hope we can scrape together enough wins to get out of it. Beginning to feel like this season's Hull in the sense that we've lost our best player and have just completely fallen apart and are dropping like a stone.

1 win improves things and could get us going again. It's just where will it come from? We're the worst of all worlds right now. Absolutely dreadful going forward and not solid at the back either. We should be ok but we are definitely in the reckoning now.

18. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    Another loss today, Norwich, Brentford and Swansea in the next three games. We are deep in trouble.

19. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Most teams will lose at Norwich because they are always too good for this division. I wouldn't worry about today, you'll pick enough points up to stay out of this dogfight

20. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    I'd agree if it was an isolated result but it's not. 1 win in 15 games is a well established trend. That's really really dreadful form and compatible with what happened to Hull last season.

Tomohawk likes this.