1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Race To League One

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Panja, Oct 4, 2020.

1. ForestRob

ForestRob Formerly roberth1117

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Our January acquisitions and organisation by Hughton have finally made us hard to beat and competitive in recent weeks. We have a terrible run of games coming up through the end of March, but if we can keep ours heads above water through that we should be ok I think.

2. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    We'll see. I just think you have enough quality to keep yourselves out of trouble, which pretty much replicates last season. It was nothing more than having that little bit of quality when it really matters, and you'll certainly pick up points against those sides below you

3. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    The last run of terrible fixtures we had yielded 1 point thanks to Watford's generosity. We have matched that already this time around :laugh:

ForestRob likes this.
  4. BelizeHatter

BelizeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Silly Stoke talk. Tenth place and just ten points is all they need from seventeen games. There's lots worse dross below you.

5. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    We should be fine. But our run of form, lack of goals, having 30odd% possession every game definitely means we're now in the discussion. Hull had a similar start to us last season and dropped like a stone to relegation. We probably aren't quite as bad defensively as they were but the run we're on is comparable and you really can't see another win coming right now.

One win will settle the nerves. But if we go another 2 or 3 without a win people outside of Stoke will start taking notice of our slide.

6. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Yeah too many wet betters on this forum, I'm surprised the over dramatic Bristol City fans haven't came in this thread yet after today

Sent from my moto e6 play using Tapatalk

BelizeHatter likes this.
  7. Delilah

Delilah Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Stoke City & England
    This. Seen the talk on our forum of a “relegation battle” and it is utter arse gravy. We aren’t great at the minute but no chance of us getting relegated. Hope I don’t regret saying that now though!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

SamB_SCFC and ForestRob like this.
  8. KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich
    Stoke kept up the pressing and effort when lots of other teams heads would have dropped yesterday. Doesn't scream relegation battle to me, and some of those many away draws would have been wins with Tyrese Campbell. Could have quite easily been challenging the top 6 this season.

9. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Stoke did not lose their two best players in one window nor do they have a back like that was as bad as ours. It is a lazy comparison that removes the context of our downfall.

Not to mention that our drop was a bit of a freak accident. We were simply no longer a mid-table side with the loss of Bowen & Grosicki. Stoke also bave a better manager.

10. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    Has krovinovic had a look in yet ?

11. terrier4eva

terrier4eva Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Dropping like a stone. We are very much in this and confidence is 0.

sign a f’cking striker!!

12. ForestRob

ForestRob Formerly roberth1117

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Yeah started every game I think - looks very good and given a crucial uptick of dynamism and creativity in an attacking midfield area - in combination with Garner coming in on loan we suddenly look enormously better in that part of the pitch.
    Would love to have him back next season (although not sure we can afford it)

13. Maple Triangle

Maple Triangle Registered User

Supports:
    Luton
    The Championship is maintaining its reputation as being a crazy unpredictable league. Last season Charlton were relegated on 48 points. A few seasons before that Blackburn managed to get 51 points and still go down. Expecting a similar points tally for this season too which means some clubs who were looking at the play offs at least at the start of the season could well end up in the relegation mix at the end of the season. Have to say we are higher up than many would have predicted but on performances our position is justified. We've come on leaps and bounds this season especially defensively and in midfield. Just need to put our scoring boots on. Luton as a club needs championship consolidation to continue its growth. Excellent training facilities, a new ground about to be built and a management team who know what they want.
    The momentum we've had the past few seasons is definitely starting to have an effect. Equally a negative feel around a club has the opposite effect. Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth are struggling big time to get back to the higher tiers. Boltons PL years are a distant memory and Bradford have returned back to their lower league origins. Will be interesting to see who will be next.

14. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    That’s Wycombe down

15. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    It was already a foregone conclusion long before tonight mate. I'm hoping Birmingham continue to be stubborn with Karanka so another spot is sewn up.

16. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    I’m surprised Karanka is doing so badly there tbh. Birmingham on the 2 occasions they nearly went down in the last 8 years, they were seemingly safe with 8-9 games to go then sunk like a stone only to fortunately survive last day. I do think they will go down this season, perhaps they miss the fans more than the most, can be a bit of a bear pit.

17. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Will St Andrews be hosting League One football twice next season?

SAFC7777 likes this.
  18. HappilyLost

HappilyLost Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall
    That was one of Birmingham's better performances this season apparently, they were terrible.

If they keep Karanka, I would be surprised if they stayed up. Pleased we got to play them before his sack though for the 3 points.

19. Poole Jack

Poole Jack Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City
    After watching Forest tonight i think they will be safe maybe midtable by May.

20. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I'm usually a pessimist by nature but I think so to we're looking better now than at any time under Lamouchis reign