1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The saints European tour thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by FranniesTache, Jun 18, 2015.

1. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Heading out tomorrow I'll see if I can grab some photos. Can't f*cking wait and hopefully see some of you there

2. SFO Saint

SFO Saint Registered User

Hope you lot have a good trip. Wish I could be there. Enjoy.

3. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Will you guys be putting out a strong team?. . .looking to bet you

4. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    It's strong minus the defence. I still think we have more than enough to beat these.

5. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's game over!

6. SFO Saint

SFO Saint Registered User

Very happy with that result and no injuries.

Shame there was some pre-match trouble. Sounds like it may have been caused by the arrival of a bunch of Feyenoord fans?

7. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Yeah apparently a load of dicks from Feyenoord caused it but tbh it looks as though a few of ours were all to happy to get stuck in. ****ing idiots!

8. pstedders

pstedders Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    Home to Brentford's "second" team – FC Midtjylland – in the next round. Can see a few Bees coming down for this one.

:clap:

9. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Just on the train back from gatwick now. Absolutely class away day, Arnhem is a great city and the locals were incredibly accommodating and friendly.

Voice is shot to pieces and I have the victor wanyama in the jungle chant permanently lodged in my skull some how.

Already booked my flights and hotel for Denmark too. Did it sitting outside a cafe in the square in Arnhem and got the lot for a little over a ton.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438977019.920698.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438977035.677794.jpg

10. saint_clark

saint_clark Up the Saints

Supports:
    Southampton
    Don't think any Saints did anything wrong tbh, saw the group who caused the trouble in a square a few minutes away from where it kicked off, they were all wandering around, letting off smoke bombs left right and centre, glaring at everyone and following a leader (facepalm) off down an alley when he shouted to them. Proper neanderthal stuff. There was at least 50-60 of them so a bit harsh to have a go at Saints fans, you can't just lie there and take it you're fully entitled to defend yourself.

11. Random

Random League One Champions 2010

Supports:
    Southadmin
    the rumour is of feyenoord fans out to besmirch the reputation of vitesse. it would be strange for them to make trouble with us though even if it was to frame a rival. although we've taken a manager and a player from them it's all been cordial so far.

12. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    TBH mate I wasn't there so I know **** all. Was just passing on what i'd heard.

13. Hemel Saint

Hemel Saint Registered User

Supports:
    Southampton
    The Police in Arnhem told us it was Feyenoord!

I had to make a trip to the central Police Station to report a missing person. We thought he may have been arrested. Talking to the Police they said that 50+ arrested and believed they were Feyenoord fans. Only 3 (at the time) were from England, and our chap was not amongst the names

The missing Saint turned up later. He fell asleep in a bush whilst trying to walk to the stadium. Traveled all the way to Arnhem for his fist European game and did not see the match!

Anyway, just want to say that the Arnhem people were the most accommodating, friendly and hospitable people I have ever met on any away trip with Saints.

The way the city treated us was an absolute credit to Arnhem and Holland.
    Thank you Arnhem.

14. Hemel Saint

Supports:
    Southampton
    [video=youtube;dvrrQWE3Ajg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrrQWE3Ajg[/video]
    saw this Vid of the hooligan group just before entering the Square in Arnhem. The chap thinks they were Vitesse fans. Based on Police, I am not sure.

15. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon ENIC out!

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Nothing strange about Feyenoord fans causing trouble. The club have been banned from European football in the past.

I'm sure they were excited to have an English team in Europe to have a scrap with.

I'm glad you boys that went over enjoyed the trip though. Nothing like European away days.

16. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    To be fair mate i think there were a few that got pretty close to doing that! I was definitely having a few "issues" with actually standing in my seat and not the ones infront of me.

Gotta second your point on the people of Arnhem and Holland, couldn't have asked for a better place to go for a game and they were amazing hosts. Even in Amsterdam the night before we got all sorts of comments and friendly reactions from the Dutch, and a lot of people raving about Clasie too.

Really can't wait for the next one though getting a ticket in the away end is going to be tough to say the least (and i'm on 10 aways!)

17. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    So Vitesse plus 12 domestic aways just to guarantee a ticket for midgetland!! Even i'm going to struggle with those criteria.

Ah well time to pull all the stops to get tickets in the home ends then ;)

18. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Got my hands on two tickets in the away end, will potentially have 2/3 spares in the home end if anyone here is looking? Going to be in Aarhus on Wednesday and Herning on thursday.

19. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    So who's flying out to this then? I'm on the 11:25am Stansted to Aarhus, then train the next day to Herning.

20. Hemel Saint

Supports:
    Southampton
    Wish I could Frannie.
    Work would not allow it. Saving up for next round (I hope).

Got a group of Saints meeting up near Euston to watch in Pub instead.

With Wanyama missing, I have a really horrid feeling...

COYS.