1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

THE vaccine thread

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Canary Fairy, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name

Supports:
    West Ham United
    actually they are to a point, under English law. We owe a duty of care in many situations and can end to in court if we ignore them

2. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Brazil-Argentina abandoned over Covid issue - just bog these shitty internationals off already.

Brazil and Argentina's World Cup qualifier was abandoned just minutes after kick-off on Sunday after Brazilian health officials objected to the participation of three Argentine players they believe broke quarantine rules.

The visitors walked off the pitch at the Corinthians Arena after the officials came out to stop the game.

The dramatic intervention came hours after Brazil's health authorities had said four England-based players for Argentina had to quarantine.

Although it did not name the four, the players with English Premier League clubs are Emiliano Buendia and Emiliano Martinez of Aston Villa, and Giovani lo Celso and Cristian Romero of Tottenham Hotspur.

Martinez, Lo Celso and Romero all started the game in Sao Paulo.

No date for the rearranged fixture has been set with Argentina players leaving to prepare for their next World Cup qualifier - at home to Bolivia on Friday, 10 September.

Fifa will now gather evidence from all sides to fully understand the events that led to the match suspension before it decides on the most appropriate course of action.

3. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Hopefully Harry's a non-vaxxer.

Spurs already have Lo Celso and Romero out. The more the merrier.

4. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    It's official, received this today:

[​IMG]

5. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Must prove your vaccination status to come watch a field of footballers, some of whom aren't vaccinated.

6. Vito Andolini

Vito Andolini Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Apparently buendia and Martinez are allowed to go to Croatia, train then go to the UK without quarantining for 10 days

7. m.oneillAVFC

m.oneillAVFC Registered

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Yes but how do you know what yours is? The answer is no one knows until it's too late.

Super_horns and StretfordEnd like this.
  8. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Lol, meanwhile Brazil are trying to get FIFA to stop Liverpool from playing Fabinho and Alisson on the weekend because they didn't let them go.

9. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Exactly.

Us, Wolves etc could have players missing even though our guy pretty much accepted he couldn’t go without much of a fuss .

Players not released for games face ban

10. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    The exceptionalism of football through this whole thing has been a joke, then for them to still try and persist with international football as if nothing has changed in the circumstances is infuriating

RedDogChris likes this.
  11. RedDevilsShinja

RedDevilsShinja In need of a new username

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Right but we have agency in these situations and proper procedures can ensure that people don't get hurt (granted accidents still happen), we don't have agency in regards to respiratory viruses and we clearly cannot stop them which scientific work before 2020 repeatedly found that npis don't work and shouldn't be done.

Just delete the damn app ffs. Less likely yet the most vaccinated country in the world is experiencing record breaking covid stats? :hmmm

**** off you have no idea what's gone on in my life, you're the one who needs to open their ****ing eyes.

Oh come on there's enough information out there for everybody to make an informed decision, if I was a fat old **** there's 0 chance I'd have left my house for 18 months for example.

12. MagpieBee

MagpieBee Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    And you think it’s fine for you to do whatever you want because you’re not a fat old ****? When you could take some simple steps, that really don’t impact you much, which would let them live their lives? Nah screw them it’s their fault they are old, they can just stay in their houses for ever, how dare anyone try to inconvenience me to save someone else’s life, like taking a test to make sure you’re not a risk? “Just delete the app” - so you don’t care at all if you’d be a risk to other people?

I seriously can’t understand morons like you, and it’s just not fair that other people have to suffer because of you.

#1072 MagpieBee, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    SpongeParr likes this.
  13. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    You obviously didn't understand the point that being fat and old is a factor for risk assessment when I was talking about people having different risk tolerances, also a fat old **** can take agency over their own life to reduce their risk if they wanted too.

After the pingdemic you really think that the app is a good thing? If I'm ill I'm not going to leave the house and infect other people but keeping healthy people locked up in their homes is absurd.

14. Vito Andolini

Vito Andolini Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Wtf

15. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Some rule to do with international players not released not being allowed to appear for their club for 5 days after the last fixture the national side has played. Which I believe for Brazil is Friday at 1:30 UK time.... Liverpool play Leeds on Sunday.

absolute ****ing joke. I hate international football.

16. MagpieBee

MagpieBee Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    How do you know if you’re ill when lots of young, and old, people are asymptomatic? Things that can help you know are 1) the app and 2) tests, but you’re not a fan of either of those.

Basically the summary is you’re a selfish **** who can’t bear one slight inconvenience that could save someone else’s life.

17. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Basically it seems they are being punished for trying to be careful and not risk issues in the future by not travelling as advised.

Footballers get stick for not leaving in the real world then when they try to to still get punished.

Just think if you were told by your employee not to do something and respected that then someone else punished you for it!

BTW Not everyone who has died or been ill with COVID has been fat or old I am sure.

18. m.oneillAVFC

m.oneillAVFC Registered

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Yeah i'm fat and old and diabetic i spent 3 weeks fighting for my life .My friend told me he was fit and thirty, declined the jab and he spent 5 days in hospital on oxygen .So no you don't know . NO ONE DOES!

19. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    No but you can work out probabilities, it's really not hard. The probability of a fit 20 year old getting seriously ill from the disease is a LOT lower than an unfit 50 year old. This is how risk works it's all probability.

Asymptomatic people are not the drivers of spread and never have been.

20. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    The UAE had less than 1,000 cases yesterday? What record is that breaking?