1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

THE vaccine thread

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Canary Fairy, Mar 4, 2021.

1. TLC

TLC FF's OverWench
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Sore arm this morning and felt really achy, a paracetamol and plenty of water and the world is all good again :)

StretfordEnd and Super_horns like this.
  2. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    Just had my first one and sat doing the 15 minute wait.

When do I start connecting to 5g or is that after the second one?

Panja likes this.
  3. TLC

TLC FF's OverWench
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Thats the 2nd one. - they also turn on your ability to control drones with your mind :)

4. Sandsy

Supports:
    The cool ones that you can use to perve on people or the bad ones we use to bomb people cooking dinner?

TLC likes this.
  5. TLC

TLC FF's OverWench
    Staff Member

Supports:
    What you do with your drone is your choice (as is getting yourself locked up for being a perv :laugh: )

6. Sandsy

Supports:
    Just between you and me my plan is to pretend to be the helpless pervert but then get rid of Liverpool.

7. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
  8. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    Got an email offering a booster jab, 6 months to the day after my second jab.

Easy to book online with a range of sites offered, including one 4 miles down the road in town, along with a lot of Boots pharmacies and various alternatives.

Booked in for tomorrow - there seem to be loads of slots. I assume the emails have been going out automatically in stages as due dates come up.

#1068 Habbinalan, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    TLC likes this.
  9. valefrommow

valefrommow Registered User

Supports:
    port vale
    You shouldn't be getting booster after 3 months it should be 6.

10. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    My mistake.

it was 6 calendar months to the day

11. Panja

Panja In a land down under

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Just had my first haircut in months. Went to the barbers this afternoon who told me they were busy until Wednesday so booked in for then. On the way home I got a call saying they'd had a cancellation, someone not double dosed tried his luck and got turned away..

#vaxprivileges

SpongeParr, Canary Fairy, TLC and 3 others like this.
  12. StretfordEnd

Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    A care home worker said she is 'heartbroken' after losing her job because she refuses to get a Covid vaccine.

Louise Akester, from Hull, is currently unwilling to get vaccinated, but said she would not rule out having the jab in the future.

The government is requiring all care home workers to be fully vaccinated by November 11, unless they are medically exempt, which means the carer is being forced to leave her job in a matter of days.

Ms Akester said she is standing by her decision, despite admitting that she is 'heartbroken' to be leaving a profession she loves, reports Hull Live.

The 36-year-old has worked in the care sector for 14 years, in residential and community settings, and has been a carer at Alderson House in Hull for the last three years.

"I'm still standing by my decision," she said.

"My heart has been in that role of work for such a long time.

"I'm at a loss about what I'll be doing after I lose this job. I just feel so heartbroken."

Ms Akester's contract is being terminated on November 5, despite her manager not wanting to "lose" her, she said.

"We should have freedom of choice," the carer said.

"The only choice I've been left with is either having the vaccine against your freedom of choice, or lose your job.

"It's absolutely destroying me."

She said it was particularly unfair that there is no mandatory requirement coming in for care home residents, or their visitors who are family and friends.

"There can be unvaccinated visitors," Ms Akester explained. "It seems unfair how they can do it, yet I can't."

She said her last day will be "one of the hardest days of my life".

"I genuinely love my job with all my heart, I only earn minimum wage so believe me it isn’t the money keeping me there," she said.

She added: "When I have to leave that building at the end of my final shift knowing that I can no longer return as an employee, all because apparently now I’m not good enough to protect them due to refusing the vaccines.

"This choice should be my basic human right. I do not deserve to be punished for saying 'no'."

Explaining why she will not have the vaccine, Ms Akester said: "I'd rather wait until we know more about the potential long-term side effects."

The carer added that she gets tested three times a week for Covid, wears PPE gear and follows "all guidelines relating to infection control".

Jeremy Brown, professor of respiratory medicine at University College London Hospitals and a member of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), has said health workers should get vaccinated "as a matter of professional pride".

A government impact assessment in the summer of the double vaccination requirement for care home workers by November 11 suggested around 40,000 staff would be unvaccinated by the cut-off point.

[​IMG]

Carer heartbroken after getting sacked for refusing Covid vaccine

One 'potential long term side effect' of not having the jab is unemployment, unfortunately for her. :(

Panja likes this.
  13. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    :hmmm

14. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    You have to start wearing the tin foil hat after the second one, otherwise they can read your thoughts (mind you tbf the thoughts of the average FF member aren't going to get them much valuable information).

TLC likes this.
  15. The Unbeliever

The Unbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    LCFC
    Not sure what I think about this, losing 40k care workers doesn’t seem a good idea. :fail:

16. Papa Francesco

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Having health workers who don't take simple precautions to protect the people they are caring for doesn't seem a good idea either.

17. The Unbeliever

The Unbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    LCFC
    Yes I get that, but other than being vaccinated she said she did. And having no one to care for you isn’t brilliant either.

Oh and whilst you’re on. If you’ve already had it and recovered are you then protected as well as someone who has been double jabbed but hasn’t had it?

#1077 The Unbeliever, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  18. Papa Francesco

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Yes, some studies suggest you are better protected. However, short of getting everybody to take antibody tests to confirm this, it would be a logistical nightmare to try and determine the validity of people having had it.

19. StretfordEnd

Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    I don't know the answer, but Sir Keir Starmer's had Covid, had both his jabs and now apparently has Covid again . . . :eeek

20. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    i thought he just isolated because of one of his family testing positive. Apologies if wrong :)