1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tisdale sacked

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by Bacchus, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Bacchus

Bacchus ストエデ | b a c c h u s w a v e | ンへのパス

Supports:
    MK
    Club statement: Paul Tisdale

Well, I'd thank him for the League Two promotion as it's clearly his level and he knows it well but I don't think I've seen anyone look quite as lost and out of their depth as Paul Tisdale trying to manage a League One club. Bizarre formations and team selections, an irrational dislike of signing loanees, an obsession with playing large numbers of defensive players with little if any attempts at pro-active or attacking football and an astonishingly poor run of only one point of out a possible thirty in the last ten league games. Not as bad overall as Robbie Neilson and a refreshing break from Karl Robinson's awful temperament, but nonetheless one of the poorest and most confusing managers I've ever seen at this level.

I have no idea where we go next really, there's a few managers with good records at this level I'd like to see take on a challenge like this club on but I doubt we have anything near what they'd cost. Several reliable sources have suggested Dean Lewington is likely to take over as caretaker player-manager for the time being.

#1 Bacchus, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  2. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Such a shame :cry:

With Fake Dons in freefall I can imagine most people on here were enjoying the turmoil & long may it continue !

DougWomble, Mowgli, Adz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bacchus

Supports:
    MK
    Don't worry, we'll enjoy it when Darragh and Fergie Jr.'s latest cycle of success then failure ends in the inevitable - again. It gets better to watch with every time, it's almost like watching the stock markets 'Fergie again?','He's better this round, learned form last time', 'This is definitely our time, we've never been this good before', 'Why the f*** have we let CMS/Gayle/Boyd/Assombalonga/Toney (soon) go??' 'Fergie out!'.

Every time, it's like Westley with Stevenage, the double act that just keeps giving. :laugh:

JJH. and NotsoPosh like this.
  4. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
  5. Bacchus

Supports:
    MK
    I think the suggestion last night was both Lewington and Martin were approached immediately after Tisdale's sacking so it looked like it would be one or the other but I'm surprised it's not just caretaker. That would have been fine, but I have doubts about giving him the actual job right now rather than just a caretaker, even if he is doing his licences and coaching badges at present.

6. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I despise the ****S from North Bucks but to see an ex Wycombe player take over franchise makes me angry, we are usually well behaved when an ex player or manager comes to Adams Park but Martin played for us long enough to know how much Wycombe fans hate the franchise i hope they go tits up :hopefully

NotsoPosh likes this.
  7. Bacchus

Supports:
    MK
    I mean it could have been much worse, we could have gone in for Ainsworth. :laugh:

But hopefully Martin works out as well as him with the jump from player-manager to manager.

8. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I like your humour but it will never happen mate :laugh:

9. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Sad it hasn’t worked out for Tisdale. A few years back I always wanted him to succeed O’Driscoll as they played similar football but just seems he hasn’t progressed

10. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I've always liked Tisdale and respect the brilliant job he did at Exeter a fan owned club and survived on selling talented young players for a good price. I doubt he'll be out of work for long as some useless f*ckers will get the sack soon no doubt.

NotsoPosh and Donnyrovers90 like this.
  11. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    It'll soon be January , could be Fergie time ( again ) :laugh:

12. Bacchus

Supports:
    MK
    Yeah, we're too f***ing cheap to ever pay a manager anything close to a decent wage. :laugh:

He could be fine with the right club and there's definately a couple of League Two ones he'd be an asset at if he goes there. I liked him as a person and he has a good temperament; calm and collected no matter what the situation rather than being a petulant and obnoxious t**t picking fights and blaming just about everyone and everything possible like Robinson was here and probably has continued to be since. But at the same time it's painfully obvious Tisdale doesn't have a clue how football at League One level works and what's required. Still a top League Two and below manager and got us up with a very standard performance from him over last season, but it's surprising what a gulf there is in his ability as soon as he leaves that level.

13. grampus8myhamster

grampus8myhamster Registered User

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    :gotcha:gotcha:gotcha:gotcha:gotcha

14. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Yeah, always thought when we were in the Prem if ever we went down (:laugh:) that I’d take a punt on him. He done a great job with Exeter.

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  15. Grecian

Grecian Registered User

Supports:
    Exeter
    The bizarre formations and team selections are absolutely normal. He did that with us in League Two all the time. He thinks he's some tactical genius, but in reality he's not.

Not sure why he didn't like loanees for you, he signed lots of them when he was with us.

16. Grecian

Grecian Registered User

Supports:
    Exeter
    He didn't, that's why we served notice on his contract. He plays negative, boring football.

17. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Oh, well from the outside looking in it seemed he done well. Is that an opinion shared by pretty much every other Exeter fan?

18. HPC2

HPC2 29 years and counting

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Sometimes I think some Posh fans copy their owner, or is the amount of Laaaaaanderers living in the city(and some escaped up here)that influences that?