1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Title Race

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Muller, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Boz

Boz Registered User

Supports:
    The Arse

Now that post makes a lot more sense.

2. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    To be honest, Liverpool fans can't really mock other teams for dusty trophy cabinets :laugh:.

Big game on 1st June. Liverpool desperately need a trophy to show for the Klopp era.

3. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We can when it’s Everton fans :laugh:

And yes Klopp needs to break his finals streak and to be honest this team need a trophy so hopefully 1st June is number 6.

4. LEF

LEF Skinflint

Supports:
    Whoever you say I support
    Good thing Klopp didn’t share your outlook, otherwise there would be no chance of number 6.

5. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I wanted the league more than the CL, absolutely. I never changed my opinion of that. What’s your point though? I’m not exactly going to hope we lose am I.

FranniesTache and SamB_SCFC like this.
  6. LEF

LEF Skinflint

Supports:
    Whoever you say I support
    You may not be hoping you lose this one but you were hoping to lose earlier in the competition.

My point was pretty clear: if Klopp shared your mindset then you’d have nothing to show for this season. As it is, you have another CL final to look forward to as well as one of the greatest nights in your club’s history to look back upon fondly for years to come.

I can understand wanting to sack off the domestic trophies, but I don’t understand such a lack of respect for the most esteemed prize in club football.

7. SALTIRE

SALTIRE Slàinte mhath!

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool FC
    Agree completely on this; I don't see how some here thought binning the Champions League would've been a good thing at all as there was no guarantees - and it turned out so - that Liverpool would win the league. As it was, Klopp got the side performing at the highest level in both competitions throughout the season managing the balance perfectly; and now with nothing to show for the league campaign apart from Champions League football again next year, at least the team has a great shot at winning the competition once more.

8. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    City win the treble at a canter.

9. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I’ve never hoped to lose. I just wouldn’t have cared had we lost. There is a difference.

Wouldn’t we? How do you know in the 3 x 0-0 games after our CL tie against Bayern we’d have drawn had we not had the CL as a distraction prior? (And the second leg approaching too) Maybe a player would have been that bit fresher and turned a 0-0 into 1-0. You just never know. Yes Barca was brilliant, yes the final is brilliant and of course I want to win. But I wanted the league more. It just mattered more to me personally. I don’t get what’s hard to understand.

IMO The most esteemed prize in club football is the league title. That’s the bread and butter of football. No other single trophy is bigger. So call it lack of respect all you want. I’m not really arsed.

10. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    To be fair Evertons trophy cabinet is chocker block. The latest additions being The "We stopped Liverpool winning the league" Cup and The "We got a 0-0 draw against Liverpool" Cup...added to The "we got a 1-1 draw against Liverpool" Cup they won last season. ;).

SALTIRE and SamB_SCFC like this.
  11. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    As good as the premier league trophy if you ask me