1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Kirby, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Kirby

Kirby Wilf, Andros, Meyer Your defence is terrified

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    9th vs 4th.

It seems silly to change a team that's just won two on the trot but with Martin Kelly picking up a groin injury and Mamadou Sakho getting some much-needed minutes on Saturday it seems like the perfect time to reintegrate #thesoldier back into the side.

With that in mind:

Guaita
    Ward Cahill Sakho PVA
    Milivojevic Kouyate
    Zaha McArthur Schlupp
    Ayew​

Spurs looked handy on the break yesterday but it's clear there are still some issues both on and off the pitch. It's a shame we have to endure an international break first as it feels like next Saturday would've been a nice time to play them, but there we go.

Despite the last two results I'm still not convinced we're playing anywhere near our best football at the moment, so this would be a great time to start turning it on. We're suited to playing away from home, I just hope we put in a better performance than we did in the first ever game at their new stadium last season.

I'm quietly optimistic but it all depends which Spurs turn up really. Would happily take a draw now.

2. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Another 1-0 would do me.

3. superyids

superyids Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    we haven't particularly played well so far but in all fairness circumstances haven't been favourable. injuries, unsettled players and lets not forget so far our 2 away games have been against 'top 6 sides' (which is OBVIOUSLY not reflective on an entire 38 game campaign).
    I feel we've been at least 5 players away from fielding a full strength side so far in all 4 games so far. plenty of players have been injured, Lo Celso is still coming to fitness and Son was banned at the start of the season as well.

i'm hoping after the international break players come back to fitness and Eriksen & Vertonghen can get their heads down and get back to business.. and we can start picking up some momentum.

4. cpfc1905

cpfc1905 Pride of South London

Supports:
    Palace
    sort of confident for this if we take Saturday's approach to Spurs and Sakho - Cahill start. Was very impressed with how Newcastle limited Spurs albeit with a different shape we'll never use, if we can close off the central spaces like they did we can stop them form creating much. Spurs usually beat us eventually though with some shithouse goal (in comes Harry Kane)

1-1 maybe

5. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    0-2 Ayew both goals.

6. Coys4

Coys4 Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Never confident when Spurs play Palace but I have a feeling the real Tottenham will start to show up. Now that the squad is settled, Lo Celso and Dele are fully fit and we will have a healthy RB I see a Tottenham win.

I hope Palace don't sit 10 men in the box. That always slows Spurs down (see Newcastle) but I have to imagine Palace are more aggressive and try to attack.

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  7. Kirby

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Judging by our tactics at Old Trafford I wouldn't hold out much hope, plus we barely mustered an attack at your place last season.

Think we'll sit deep and hope Zaha/Schlupp/Ayew can nick a goal on the break. Our games are always pretty tight so I reckon whoever gets the first goal probably goes on to win it.

8. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Healthy RB? What’s Walker-Peters been then?

9. Kirby

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    He has SARS.

10. GDP

GDP Palace

We've actually got an ever so slight chance of getting a result here, which is insane so soon after our Sheff Utd shambles but oh so typically Palace.

I think Roy has sort of stumbled on this line up and all of a sudden we're looking half decent again. Wilf hasn't got anywhere near his usual standards so hopefully he'll improve, Sakho is close to fitness, Kouyate is playing well and it's always baffled me why he hasn't started more often and our GK woes finally seem to be behind us, and incredibly we've got a striker who has scored in consecutive games!

I think Spurs is the only top team we've not beaten away since promotion though we could have genuinely won 3 or 4 of them if we had a bit of luck, so this is the time to put that one to bed.

11. Coys4

Coys4 Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham
    He was hurt against Newcastle and missed the NLD. That's why Sanchez played RB.

12. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    You've had the cup wins at least. No need to beat us in the league :)

Coys4 likes this.
  13. GDP

GDP Palace

Sorry DD our need is greater mate, we'll be fighting a relegation battle come the end of the season so every point counts!

14. Palaceforever20

Palaceforever20 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    We have nothing to lose here.
    Spurs have to win.
    We have Wolves & Norwich at home next so those are our must win games.

15. julian

julian Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
  16. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    You think Ayew is scoring a hat trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. caisterman

caisterman Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Think this will be 1-1.

18. c.bland96

c.bland96 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Lo Celso out for a while so even more pressure on Eriksen

Lessons have to be learnt from Villa and Newcastle games when it comes to breaking teams down

19. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I don't really feel like Lo Celso is a miss at this point. He hasn't played many minutes because his fitness isn't up to scratch anyway.

This is where Levy infuriates me though because we know our players need a pre-season under Pochettino. Lo Celso came in too late to benefit from a pre-season, we haven't been able to play him because of it and now he's injured.

20. Kirby

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    It's got to the stage now where I almost expect us to shithouse results against the 'top six' away from home.

I'll actually be really disappointed if we don't get anything tomorrow, which is ridiculous when you look at Spurs' squad and take into account they were Champions League finalists just over three months ago.

Our full-backs are still a worry but you'd like to think Cahill and Sakho will be a very solid centre-half partnership. We're well stocked in central midfield, Schlupp's in form and effectively keeping Townsend out of the team and Jordan Ayew's like a different player up front this season. If Zaha fancies turning up then we could be even better. A nice thought when we're already sitting in 4th!

Our games with Spurs are usually narrow affairs so I'd expect it to be more of the same tomorrow. I just hope we can keep Eriksen quiet for once. He always seems to be the difference when they win.

COYP! :clap: :clap: :clap: