1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer rumours & speculation thread

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by LOFC, May 8, 2011.

1. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Scott Fraser links won't go away. He's available on a free. That is indeed a cheap League One signing...

2. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Got to try harder, Dan. All the stuff you mention has happened once if you’re lucky. My example repeats every 3 years

3. Miles Long

Miles Long Indian Dan in old money

Supports:
    Swindon
    Ah well, we’ll see no doubt.

You could be having a Wael of a time!

4. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    Do Rovers fans still beat up families in pub gardens?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    On a more serious note, how do you rate your chances next season?

6. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Just as much as Swindon fans sleep with their siblings :yeahyeah

7. Miles Long

Miles Long Indian Dan in old money

Supports:
    Swindon
    Honestly?

Obviously we need to replace Yates and Doyle’s goals. The defence and midfield are settled from last season. Signing DJ is massive for us - he’ll be a huge talent. I know most fans are very upbeat about their chances - and rightly so - but Wellens is a right good manager and for all we berate Power he does back him well.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us challenging. Nothing I’ve seen from L1 is frightening.

8. Sgt. Serious

Sgt. Serious Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Swindon Town
    Couldn’t possible say right now.

We quite literally have no keepers and no strikers.

The rest looks alright but you won’t win games without keepers and strikers!!

9. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Yeah you're probably joining L1 at the best time in a while tbh.

Last season's league was poor IMO. The usual candidates will be up there, but after that it's a free for all really. Covid will give a fair few teams, ourselves included, to make a good go at L1 next season.

I expect yourselves and Plymouth to do ok, as you'd expect for your sizes in L1. Crewe & Northampton I have no idea. As for the relegated teams, god knows who we'll even get at this point! Charlton will downplay their chances as always, but they'll be in the top 6, as always.

Could be the most open L1 we've seen for many years tbh, looking forward to it. Also glad to have Swindon back, if I'm brutally honest. L1 has been far too northern in recent years where our closest games have been Wycombe, Oxford and Coventry ffs.

10. Addick By Nature

Addick By Nature Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    Not this time. We'll be lucky to even participate as it stands.

11. HappilyLost

HappilyLost Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall
    Aiden O'Brien to Sunderland I heard; League One is firmly his level. Someone who seems to find the back of the net at this level, and will get about 10-15 goals from a wide position.

Seems to be blowing out of his arse after 70 minutes though.

An honest player though, who was well liked at Millwall apparently, but just never quite good enough to make the jump to the Championship.

For a free transfer, it's a fantastic signing for value, was wondering which League One Club would sign him.

#7031 HappilyLost, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Adz likes this.
  12. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Said that last time though ;)

But yeah it does sound a mess. I'm fairly confident you'll pull out of it though.

13. Addick By Nature

Addick By Nature Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    Must admit, last time I did think we'd languish near the bottom. We were pretty guff in our first year back, only when Bowyer took charge did we liven up.

This time I think our best case scenario is administration and points deduction which I'd probably bite your hand off for now.

Gassy likes this.
  14. Connor.

Connor. Up Town Ryan Brunt

Supports:
    Plymouth Argyle
    I'm not sure if there was a hesitation as such. The first game he played back at Home Park after being released from prison was for Oxford and if my memory is correct, he received a pretty welcoming reception then, even as an opposition player. I guess as he played for us previously, it allowed our fans to be a lot more open to giving him a second chance and have a unique perspective given his history with the club.

It's obviously an incredibly and understandably emotive subject, and it's worth pointing out that not all of our fans even now are accepting of him playing for us. That three separate Argyle managers now have seen value in having him in the dressing room (and worth pointing out, he was club captain for a large part of his second spell here) is probably the greatest indicator of his conduct and character since getting that second chance but it's always been a very low-key, behind-the-scenes sort of influence. For somebody who has won three promotions here and made 300 odd appearances there is no huge publicity, rarely (if ever?) speaks to the media. Hardly any photos and not a single quote from him to announce his latest return. That's probably the most appropriate tone.

JoshBCFC and Adz like this.
  15. Connor.

Connor. Up Town Ryan Brunt

Supports:
    Plymouth Argyle
    We announced the return of Ryan Hardie on a season long loan from Blackpool yesterday. 7 goals last season after signing in January. Great to have him back.

16. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
  17. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Sounds like we’re trying to get James Garner on loan from Manchester United. Would be a brilliant signing that. Approached them in October last year apparently and they’ve seen that both Herbie Kane and Ben Sheaf have been given plenty of first team football when they’ve come on loan

Would like us to get Jason Lokilo signed up too

DonnyOsmond likes this.
  18. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Would probably expect him to go to Swansea tbf but would be smart giving him 6 months at our level see how he does then move up if he does alright.

Think we need about 7/8 new players. Sounds like DM wants another GK, then we need a CB, backup RB, CM, couple of wingers and another striker or two.

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  19. Jockney

Jockney Arse Reductionist

Supports:
    Millwall
    Technically gifted player who’s hasn’t managed to find a position that properly suits him. Skillful but too slow to play on the wing; great positioning but not aggressive enough to play up-front. And his influence outside of the box is minimal. He really isn’t the sort of player who will come deep and try to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Put simply, if the team is not playing well the chances are that Aiden will be playing as badly if not worse. But will score at least 10-12 goals for you, not a bad squad signing for that level at all.

#7039 Jockney, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  20. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    I was hoping you were going to say he’s tremendous at this level and what a steal he is :laugh: Very disappointed, but then again we never sign any worldies :D