1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfers. . .January window 2019

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Lisbon 67, Dec 6, 2018 at 3:36 PM.

1. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Talking to a guy on our job earlier today and by all accounts Scott McKenna was the best player on the park at Ibrox last night and strolled it.

We're going to be back in for a centre back, I think he's improving all the time and his caps at international level will also be helping his development.

We may very well have other targets but I think he'll definitely be in the mix for us.

2. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Not for me tbh but we do need a good transfer window. At least one CB although I see Rodgers has said that he is going to be talking to Boyata about staying. I think we need 3 CB's (assuming Boyata and Benkovic are leaving), another right back and a striker. I know we won't get all them in January, at least of starting quality but we really need to get this right. Not so much for domestic football this season but longer term and for Europe.

3. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I’m undecided on McKenna.

He is a unit and would certainly be handy for the physical aspect, but for the sort of money Aberdeen are looking for it could be too much of a risk for someone who has only played at this level.

4. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

A right back has to be the priority for me, but centre backs as you say need to be high on the radar.

It will be interesting to see what sort of striker would be brought in if we go down that road.

As in, would he be seen purely and simply as back up or be in with a genuine chance of competing for a place in the side.

5. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    I would like us to have a look at bringing in Tore Reginussen from Rosenborg he was very good against us and at 32 the right kind of experience we could be doing with going into CL quals next season and he won't cost much, leaving money to go get a real good RB which is top priority imo.

We also need a third striker and it won't surprise me if we get a young player on loan.

6. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 DELETE!
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    Even though Souttar is out atm, i reckon he’s a better defender than McKenna.

7. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    I think Souttar is the better fottballer and more calm on the ball but McKenna is probably better at cutting out trouble and putting himself about.

They actually complement each other as a two and could go on to do well for Scotland.

Would take a punt on either tbh but the price especially for McKenna is a little high going on what they have already knocked back.

8. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    I'd say he was better with the ball at his feet but not better actually defending, I don't think he has McKennas pace either.

One thing people get wrong about McKenna is they look at his size and think he's a big slouch when in fact he's in the top two or three at Pittodrie for pace.

Thing about him though is your gambling by buying potential and that can go either way.

9. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    That's the route i'd go down or try to.

A loan deal in the same mould as Edouards, and spend the cash on a quality right back and centre back if we lose Boyata. I think Benkovic should be here until the summer.