1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UCD - The UCD Bowl

Discussion in 'Grounds Guide' started by Housham7, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Housham7

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Posted on my phone so brief.

Is it an easy ground to find? Nope, its in the middle of the university campus, and there are no floodlights visible. Its not on google maps either.

I got the Dart to Sydney Parade and its a 20min walk from there. Easiest way to get there go down sydney parade ave, left, right at the shopping centre, carry on over Stillorgan road(Nutley ave I think), and theres a path with a gate at the end. The ground is up there.

Theres a pub near the shopping centre which is probably mega pricey. Drink in Dublin city or go to the new wetherspoons in Blackrock two stops down.

Its a pitch with a hedge round it, with one main stand. Mainly Sligo Fans. Everyone really friendly. There's the usual snack shop and burger van.

Its a residental part of Dublin so not much to do.

7/10, would be higher if it was easier to find.

2. NavanDrog

NavanDrog I Control The Insects.

Supports:
    Newcastle United, Drogheda United
    I'll second that. Missed the first 15 minutes of the game when I was there a couple of years ago.

3. Mr Noughthing

Mr Noughthing Registered User

Supports:
    The reds
    I've done this one, was in Dublin hoping to get a game in whilst there and all there was was this shit, its not even a proper team, they have no fans and no atmosphere. Luckily they were playing Derry City who brought a couple of hundred down otherwise it would have been like watching paint dry. Would love to go over there and do one of the old school grounds like Shamrock or Bohs.