1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Discussion in 'Uefa Champions League & Europa League' started by Dirk, Jun 24, 2018.

1. damo79

damo79 Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    I thought vvd had one of his poorer games tonight , few times looked like he backed off messi where he wouldn't normally

njmcfc1894 likes this.
  2. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    To be fair I just think it was a wonderful ball by Alba was it? Outstanding run by Suarez and a world class finish...sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say fair play.

Two of their goals were stunning, the second was a run of pure luck, couple of tackles rebounding their way, Suarez's shot/knee hitting the bar and falling right to the Messi's feet.

Its strange to say, but I thought the two centre backs played ok tonight, Matip in particular. Hasn't half come on since getting back into the side.

3. Bilo

Bilo Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'm not high at all mate. And honestly, focusing only on finishing and nothing else, while perfectly possible, sort of makes discussing football matches redundant. It's overly simplistic, and I'm sure you've seen your team play hundreds of matches when your finishing was off feeling a bit hard done by.

When was the last time you saw a team win 3-0 while having less possession, less shots and less shots on target? It was a unicorn of a result.

johnH likes this.
  4. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Those cobwebs are getting awfully large....

5. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It was a peach of a ball don’t get me wrong but I still both our centre backs should’ve done better. Matip was very good tonight, Gomez will find it hard reclaiming his place as Matip really hasn’t done too much wrong since coming in to cover him. That said I think Gomez will start against the geordies.

6. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Klopp deserves credit for his team being on top for long spells, they let him down missing sitters & switching off at the back. He obviously dropped clangers with Gini false 9 for the first time ever (ridiculous time & place to debut that) instead of Firmino, & Gomez instead of Trent, Joe offers nothing going forward.

Mane, Milner, & the worst miss from Salah, wow... they only have themselves to blame. Woulda been easier to score an away goal with those chances. Yikes at that Dembele miss though, that was maybe the worst in the game.

Hate to say it as he's my favourite player but VvD was at fault for the first 2 goals, caught sleeping both times. His rep took a hit.

Messi is the best player of all time, looking a shoe in for the Ballon d'Or atm with free kicks like that, magic.

To out pass Barcelona at the Nou Camp is something else, & shows how dominant we were in the 2nd half til their 2nd goal, which was against the run of play. & 3-0 is brutal on the balance of play, but it doesn't matter, it's all but over now. Another missed opportunity.

#4606 Ollie, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    johnH likes this.
  7. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
  8. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    At 2 nil, I'd have given Liverpool a chance at Anfield but that 3rd goal has killed the tie off really. Would be disappointing to have 2 English sides in the semis and not have any in the final

9. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    At least @ me if you disagree mate. Starting Gini as a false 9 was a pussy move is all I said.

10. Bilo

Bilo Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    [​IMG]

Thought it would come out a lot better for us to be honest. Maybe less of a unicorn and more like very rather lucky for Barca. To be above 1.5 and not score ... Goodnight.

11. BoscombeLass

BoscombeLass Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Barca vs Spurs final it is then (I hope)

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  12. Thunder Gunner

Thunder Gunner Emery's Arsenal

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Salah puts that chance away and I think Liverpool would've been satisfied with 3-1, it's not the most difficult result to turn around in the Home Leg.

Now they're in a situation where a single Barcelona goal at Anfield probably ends it. Still not over mind you, I don't think Barcelona was that impressive tbf.

13. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    He's right, you really can be an absolute tit man. F#ck Klopp, f#ck off Klopp etc, not the first time you've come out with shit like that either. Embarrassing tbh! Sort yourself out.

Tatties and Schindler like this.
  14. BoscombeLass

BoscombeLass Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    The commentators on an American stream (TNT), were saying they were worthy of their 1-0 lead, but not their second as they took their chances. A few seconds later, Messi made it 3-0 with a wonder free kick.

The scoreline definetly flattered them.

15. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Not really. They were clinical with their chances. You weren’t.

The whole point of football is to out score your opponent. Is it not? To say the result is unfair, is silly. As if you were cheated from scoring

16. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    why you so offended? I thought he made a poor tactical decision. No need to have a go ffs.

17. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Don't criticise dear leader.

Muller likes this.
  18. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    I’m half cut here give us a break ffs

19. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Klopp is my favourite manager in the modern game (yes even more favoured than Martin O'Neill) but he can't be immune from criticism. The false 9 is a bit of a shithouse sort of tactic, as is having a go at people who might have differing opinions to you. This is a forum for debate after all

20. Bilo

Bilo Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I didn't say it was unfair, you're putting words in my mouth. Rather, I'm arguing it's an illogical result. Which the expected goals, for example, agrees with. To be on the wrong end of an illogical result definitely constitutes to being unlucky, but it's a question of definition isn't it.

However, to feel hard done by after playing well and losing big isn't especially controversial, is it? Nobody disagrees with scoring goals being the main point of football, of course not. But it doesn't take that much of a generous interpretation to see where I'm coming from. I'm sure you're capable of it, even if you just as I believe that the goals scored is the bottom line.