1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Discussion in 'Uefa Champions League & Europa League' started by Dirk, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Kirby

Kirby Wilf, Andros, Meyer Your defence is terrified

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    If it was planned Origi did a good job of forgetting what he was doing. He only turned around as the ball was halfway across the box :laugh:

2. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Fair play I did actually concede that the goal was a cracker in the end tbf

mattledud likes this.
  3. Dugout-Demon

Dugout-Demon Aww-You-Beauty

Supports:
    Liverpool
    They were all fantastic to a man, but matip and fabinho were excellent.

Also a big shoutout to suarez for getting gini into the game.

King_Kenny likes this.
  4. Dugout-Demon

Dugout-Demon Aww-You-Beauty

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You cant plan that, it was great quick thinking by trent and fantastic positioning and finish by origi.

5. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah was worried about Fabinho with that early bookings, against players like Suarez, Messi

I wonder how Coutinho is feeling now :) signed for Barca to have big European nights...misses two Champions League finals :laugh: and looking so out of place there. We should offer Barca £20m to take him back off their hands.

The persian red and Dugout-Demon like this.
  6. SALTIRE

SALTIRE Slàinte mhath!

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool FC
    They all were. Even Shaqiri who I thought struggled in that first half, got an assist so played his part. Alisson's positioning and saves were top drawer, Van Dijk, Robbo and Matip kept their nerve all night and were dangerous on the counter, Milner, Fabinho, Hendo and Gini's intensity (plus Gini's goals!) never let them get a minute on the ball or cut off their passing lanes. Mane and Origi harried them and were strong on all long balls, and grabbed the goals at the right times - but Trent Alexander-Arnold was my MOTM; he didn't play theirs, but was like a man possessed tonight; didn't let them have a sniff, kept Alba and co quiet, was dangerous on his crosses, and that bit of inspiration for the fourth goal was out of this world - if Messi did that we'd be creaming over him for weeks. @miss_lfc said the other day that one day TAA will be world class, well tonight he showed up Barcelona of all teams in a semi-final of the CL; he is world class now, and could become a legend at the club if he gets any better!

Hats off to all of them, the courage to go at Barcelona like that, was at one time insanity, and other times just downright amazing. Barca didn't know what hit them in the end.

Bye bye Suarez. :wave:

7. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland Slumdog Mignolet

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Log out fella.

8. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    You can absolutely plan to surprise the opposition by faking walking away from a corner. Jock Stein had Celtic teams doing it in the 60’s. Alex Ferguson copied it with Man U.

9. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Brilliant!!!

10. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I know all players deserve credit for that display but what a night for Origi, absolutely made up for him after that display and his brace.

11. Marty_LFC

Marty_LFC Origi 90+6

Supports:
    USA
    Juventus will now come in with a £100m bid I reckon.

Also, Henderson played like it was the last game of his life. Credit to him. Proper captain.

12. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Juventus can f*ck off :laugh:

Everyone knows I’m Hendersons biggest critic but that was a captains performance tonight, one he should be very proud of.

Leivapool, Marty_LFC and SALTIRE like this.
  13. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Suarez easily the biggest c*nt in football.

Racism, Liverpool stood by him, he scores against them and celebrates, tonight he kept diving and tried to injure players. I hope someone teaches him a lesson one day

miss_lfc likes this.
  14. JaseTheVillain

JaseTheVillain Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    No way was that planned imo.

Taffy likes this.
  15. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    Barca lost 4-0

Unreal.

16. Thunder Gunner

Thunder Gunner Emery's Arsenal

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Credit to Klopp too, 3 CL Finals in 6 (7?) years is a worthy accomplishment in itself.

Leivapool likes this.
  17. valefrommow

valefrommow Registered User

Supports:
    port vale
    I ****ing hate Liverpool but fair ****s they deserved that, just hope Spurs can get through and beat them in the final.

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  18. Bilo

Bilo Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    As @johnnyT will remind you, I like to write an essay to express the simplest of opinions but I do try to refrain from Liverpool essays. I guess it's something about our whole club that is, well, enough over the top as it is.

I'm not from Liverpool and tonight I watched the match in a crowd packed with Liverpool supporters, none of whom are from Liverpool. But I have seen my local football club get promoted twice, and I've seen them come back from 2-0 down away at one of the top teams to get a draw to remain in the top flight with the final kick of the season. I've seen my local ice hockey club win two championships, the most recent in 2012. I've seen the Swedish ice hockey team win the Olympics with NHL players, and I've seen the same team come back from 5-1 down in Helsinki against Finland to win 6-5 in a world championships semi final. I've seen Charlotte Kalla come back from 20 seconds behind in the women's relay in Sotji.

Hell, over the past year and a half I've seen the Swedish national team get out of a qualifying group consisting of Holland and France, only to draw ****ing Italy in the knockout to reach the World cup. I've seen us hold on to a 0-0 draw at the San Siro to reach the World cup, only to be drawn in the group of death. I've seen us finish top of a group where Germany finished bottom and I've seen us beat Switzerland to reach the quarter finals of a World cup, something I as a Swedish person may very well live to never see again.

I've seen all of that and I'm not from Liverpool, but for whatever reasons the emotions that I felt in the minutes between Wijnaldum's two goals is beyond anything I've ever felt in sports. I'm not convinced we'll win the final just because of it, it doesn't work that way, but tonight I really don't care. You only get to feel what I felt tonight a few select moments a decade as a sports fan in general, and I'm infinitely grateful to have felt what I felt this evening in May.

19. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    NO!

20. Marty_LFC

Marty_LFC Origi 90+6

Supports:
    USA
    That performance reminds me
    It's 3 finals in 3 European competitions for us under him too... hopefully we can finally finish it off