1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UEFA Champions League 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Uefa Champions League & Europa League' started by The only Greek here, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Got quite pissed last night so don't remember if I commented on the game or replied to anyone.

I'm not going to say I'm pleased with a 0-1 loss to a club I hate but I'm not unhappy considering the quality of the side we had in front of us. It was an intense, tense, nervy game that would only be decided by the solitary goal (what were the odds on this? most people predicted 4-5 goals easily before kick-off). As soon as Coman's header went in, I had no hope of us scoring. We were just not good in midfield and in attack. Mbappé and Neymar both had stinkers despite trying very, very hard to make things happen but Bayern were just more organized, effective and moreover confident.

I liked how Bayern came at us at the start and we didn't break. In fact, we responded ok as we had big chances which we should have scored but didn't. Story of this club in the past few seasons really. We create so much in the league that we could be winning games 10-0 every week if we were serious enough. It's just that we're not. It's got nothing to do with the players' quality, we just don't put enough application in our football from start to finish. Bayern do (this season that is).

Tuchel got some flack on Twitter last night for saying in the post-match press conference that we were just unlucky but I reckon he has a point. If we score first, we can contain Bayern as they didn't play that well. The full-backs, Bernat & Kehrer, were heavily criticized by many (myself included) but I thought they did ok. Kehrer is at fault on the goal but really, considering he's inexperienced and generally, well, shit, I don't blame him that much (he should be offloaded asap though, go back to the Buli Thilo and play for a shit side like Hamburg). We fought well all in all and if Mbappé had his scoring boots and made better contact with the ball on some occurances then I reckon Bayern would have struggled to equalise.

Congrats to Bayern. I said they'd win since the restart of the Buli back in May and they did. They made hard work of it I thought. As for us, let's try and think things through before sacking Tuchel and bringing Allegri in. I think the German has taken us as far as he can but I'd be much more at ease with Pochettino on the bench than the Italian.

2. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Mbappe was wank last night, he seems to escape criticism or at least comes under less than Neymar.

He bottled the big moments.

3. Dirk

Dirk Ordnung muss sein!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Wow! I can understand your disappointment about yesterday but this is totally unnecessary.
    First we aren't playing in the Buli and I doubt he wants to play in the 2nd tier.
    Second: We can't even afford his salary what he's earning in a month.
    But you're right he should come back into the Bundesliga, would only be good for his career (same for Julian Draxler). I never understood it anyway why he wanted to play for PSG.

btw: This "shit club" of mine has won more european trophies than yours.
    And although we have endured hard times for quite some time now I'm nonetheless proud as **** about our history. So, as I said, totally unnecessary this comment. Normally you're better than that.

#3583 Dirk, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  4. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    This is the first time we've won the Champions cup that I've thought, well yeah, great. We are now so f##king good that even the Cl is nothing to get too excited about, I'm a bit sad that I'm not still jumping around about it tbh.

5. Dirk

Dirk Ordnung muss sein!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    :laugh: you have our deepest sympathy.

zippy likes this.
  6. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    I know. Just thought it would be funny to post that. Love my nasty digs me. I know your club is bigger than mine and I too would be proud too of its legacy.

Qui aime bien châtie bien as we say.

Dirk likes this.
  7. Cassio

Cassio Registered User

Supports:
    Inter
    Then I didn’t get you.

Conte didn’t take Icardi

8. Dirk

Dirk Ordnung muss sein!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    yes, that's why we're playing for the 3rd season in a row in Bundesliga 2 and your club is in the Champions League and even reached the final.;)

Sorry, that I didn't get it sooner that you just made a joke with Hamburg. Sometimes I'm a bit overly sensitive when someone mocks HSV.
    I know it for myself that we're shite for a decade now and it still hurts ( :bye @StillHurts31 ) when you have witnessed the glory days of the past.

All good, again!

Philip The Frog and StillHurts31 like this.
  9. hyruga

hyruga Registered User

Supports:
    Valencia

Sorry forgot to post the link

Alexis doesn't even have to slide down or give a soft kick because nobody pushed him. All he needed was to slam the ball in.

Guess he learnt it from welbeck. Fall down everytime and people won't blame you for not scoring because you already tried your best.

#3589 hyruga, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Because your real team had a good season.

StillHurts31 likes this.
  11. Stevencc

Stevencc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Most of that is probably down to the sterile nature of football without fans in stadiums rather than some Bayern uber-superiority.

12. hyruga

hyruga Registered User

Supports:
    Valencia
    Bayern won a treble.

PSG won a treble too.

13. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    Mutualy exclusive, the one has nothing to do with the other. After 37 years Bayern is as much my real team as United.