1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United Youth

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Red Tide, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  2. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  3. jonesch

jonesch Narcissistic Sports Pimp.

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Some decent prospects in there, same some of them probably won't get given a chance.

4. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  5. screescree

screescree GGMU!

Supports:
    Manchester United, Hull City AFC
    I want to see Chong get a game somewhere this season. He's lit it up in the youth teams, fast winger with some good dribbling. Shame about his hair though :D Needs a wig-slash!

Armchair warrior likes this.
  6. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers

screescree likes this.
  7. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  8. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    UNDER-23S MATCH REPORT: UNITED 1 STOKE CITY 0

Manchester United’s Under-23s continued their encouraging and unbeaten start to the season with a narrow 1-0 victory over Stoke City at Old Trafford on Friday evening.

A lone goal from birthday boy Angel Gomes, in the 37th minute, was sufficient to earn the Reds three points in an entertaining and keenly-fought contest. Ricky Sbargia’s lads now have eight points from two home wins and an equal number of draws on the road...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-stoke-city-at-old-trafford-on-31-august-2018

9. Armchair warrior

Armchair warrior Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I'd love to see Chong get a game or 2. He'd offer more on the right hand side than most senior pro players at the club.

I'm sure he'd make mistakes but he'd also make plenty happen.

10. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  11. jonesch

jonesch Narcissistic Sports Pimp.

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Dalot looked lively, and he can cross a ball :crazy:

12. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    Let's hope he can do the same if he gets in the first team. :hopefully

13. screescree

screescree GGMU!

Supports:
    Manchester United, Hull City AFC
    Liking the way Gomes plays, its how Rashford and Lingard play.
    Dalot looking good as well!

14. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  15. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  16. RedDevilsShinja

RedDevilsShinja End Forced Debt + Fiat. Return to Gold

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I wouldn't mind seeing Gomes and Chong get a nice run in the League cup for us, both look really promising.

screescree likes this.
  17. upper90

upper90 Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United, Detroit City FC
    Anyone who can put in a cross from the right wing would be a step up right now

18. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  19. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    YOUNG REDS ON FORM FOR ENGLAND

by Adam Bath - Thursday 6 September 2018 13:19

Some of Manchester United's exciting young prospects have already made an impact for England in the current international break, at Under-19 and Under-18 level.

Mason Greenwood scored inside three minutes as England's Under-18s beat the Netherlands in a comfortable 3-0 victory in western France. Greenwood was joined in the Three Lions' starting XI by fellow United academy players Ethan Laird and James Garner, following their call-ups by manager Neil Dewsnip.

The trio of Reds could feature again on Friday afternoon when England play Russia in the second game of a four-nations tournament in Limoges.

Greenwood is in a rich vein of goalscoring form after the 16-year-old netted four times for United in Neil Ryan's Under-18 team. Mason will be looking to build on last season when his 16 goals helped the Reds to finish in second place under Kieran McKenna, who has since been promoted to the first-team coaching staff.

Laird and Garner were both in England's UEFA Under-17 Championship squad during the summer and have seen plenty of domestic action since the new campaign began. Laird has featured alongside Greenwood in all of United's Under-18 games so far, while Garner has played 90 minutes for Ricky Sbragia's Under-23s in the last three matches.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/young-reds-in-action-for-three-lions

20. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    FORMER CHELSEA DEFENDER FEELS SETTLED AT UNITED

by Adam Marshall - Friday 7 September 2018 13:31.

The centre-back even scored his first goal for the club, heading home in the recent 3-1 win at Liverpool for the Under-18s, and is enjoying life under coach Neil Ryan as the young Reds strive for development – on and off the field. Certainly, he appears to have grown a little over the summer and is in a better position to outmuscle rival forwards.

It is all part of the process as the 17-year-old looks to make his mark, following the move north. “I think it was a bit difficult as it was something of a change for me, moving away from home,” he told ManUtd.com. “But I think the boys and the members of staff helped me to settle in quite well.

”I think I have grown a couple of inches recently and I’ve passed my mum and dad now, so I’m the tallest one [in the family]! It’s obviously good being tall, especially as a centre-back. I definitely feel very much settled now – everybody has taken to me and helped me.”

Bernard broke into United's Under-18s team on a more regular basis towards the end of last season and appeared in the national final against Chelsea.

“I got the hang of things and finished really strongly,” he said. “It was a bit strange playing against my old team-mates but it was a good feeling. I think I showed them and everyone what I’m capable of, it was just unfortunate with the result [0-3].”

The development will continue for Bernard, who worked hard over the summer to keep in top shape and ensure he was in a prime position to start 2018/19 where he left off last term.

”My aim for the season is to always get better, train hard every day, start the campaign well, play in a lot of games and hopefully push forward,” he vowed.

“From coming here to where I am now, I definitely think I’ve improved and I’ve worked on a lot of things with the coaches, doing individual stuff. I’ve been working with Charlie [Owen, YDP athletic development coach], who has helped me with my footwork, turning and one-versus-one defending.

“I’ve done a lot of gym work with Chaz too. Over the break, I did a lot of work there with people so I have come back a bit bigger!

”I would say I’m quite an aggressive defender and I’m a leader. I command everyone on the pitch so I can be a big vocal point for the team. Overall, I just think, if you want to get to the top, you have to put in the work.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/di-shon-bernard-feeling-settled-now-in-manchester