1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United Youth

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Red Tide, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    #41 Red Tide, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  3. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    UNDER-23S: NORWICH 0 UNITED 1

by Cliff Butler
    Friday 28 September 2018 17:12

Ricky Sbragia’s Under-23 team returned to the summit of the league table after grinding out a 1-0 win over Norwich City in deepest Norfolk.

It wasn’t a classic encounter in East Anglia, but Aidan Barlow’s goal, 20 minutes, from time was enough to secure another three points.

The win also preserved and increased the Under-23s' unbeaten opening to the campaign to seven games, and maintained our record of having scored in every match to date.

(More vv)

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/under-23s-match-report-norwich-0-manchester-united-1

4. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  5. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    UNDER-18S: MANCHESTER UNITED 1 NEWCASTLE UNITED 0

by Cliff Butler
    Saturday 29 September 2018 14:29

United’s Under-18s maintained an encouraging start to the campaign with a narrow and hard-earned Premier League Cup win over Newcastle United at the Aon Training Complex.

Just Anthony Elanga’s goal midway through the second half separated the teams at the close of this keenly-fought contest in sun-kissed Carrington.

Neil Ryan made six changes to the side that won 4-3 at West Bromwich Albion seven days before, primarily to keep players fresh in readiness for Tuesday’s UEFA Youth League match against Valencia at Leigh Sports Village. Ethan Laird, Di’shon Bernard, Aliou Traore, Mason Greenwood and Charlie McCann were all missing from the team sheet, whilst Dylan Levitt was listed on the bench.

Both teams were in their normal kits, with Newcastle sporting their distinctive black-and-white striped shirts and both sides, unusually, wearing the same coloured shirts (black).

(More vv)

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/under-18s-match-report-manchester-united-v-newcastle-united

6. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Manchester United U19s will play their home games in the UEFA Youth League Group stages at Leigh Sports Village once again this season. And once again, all games will be free to enter. See the very best future stars of Europe today!

A fantastic, family-friendly way to enjoy world class football, the group stage fixtures mirror the first team’s Champions League fixtures, which means that Valencia (October 2, 3pm), Juventus (October 23, 3pm) and Young Boys (November 27, time tbc) will all be coming to play at Leigh Sports Village.

As in previous seasons, all games will be free to enter; register via the link below to get up to date fixture news and receive online teamsheets.

How do I see United U19s in the UEFA Youth League for free?

As in previous seasons, if you like you can just turn up at Leigh Sports Village and enjoy the action. But we do advise you to register your interest for each game by clicking on the fixture you want to see when they are announced. That way, we can tell you about team news and of course any fixture changes or new games.

Manchester United U19s - Leigh Sports Village

7. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  8. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Red Tide likes this.
  9. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    Flip Duckling likes this.
  10. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  11. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
  12. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Manchester United on Twitter

Notice how every player is running forward as a unit for this goal. The left back is going full pelt at 3-0 up just to be a second clear option in the box.

13. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Was a case for us last year. Our development squad played better football than the first team.

Will do this league a world of good when the majority of clubs are managed by progressive managers.

Red Tide and Flip Duckling like this.
  14. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    GREENWOOD SIGNS PROFESSIONAL CONTRACT

by Adam Marshall
    Tuesday 2 October 2018 17:00

Manchester United's young striker Mason Greenwood has signed his first professional contract with the club.

The England Under-18 international, who turned 17 on Monday, has come through the ranks and enjoyed being part of the first-team summer tour of the United States, not only experiencing some time on the pitch but also profiting from working with Jose Mourinho and the coaches.

On his return to Neil Ryan's Academy squad, he has shown more of the same form that made him top goalscorer last term, as he was the attacking spearhead for the Under-18 Premier League North winners despite still being a schoolboy.

[​IMG]

Greenwood has scored nine times for the Under-18s already this term, including a hat-trick in the 4-3 win over Blackburn Rovers, and the center-forward has also provided plenty of creative influence by assisting his team-mates as well. He is a joint-leading marksman in the division, along with Derby County's Jack Stretton, following a 17-goal haul in 2017/18.

The genuinely two-footed frontman also found the net on his UEFA Youth League debut, in the 2-1 success at Young Boys, and scored again in Tuesday's European tie with Valencia, claiming the second in a 4-0 triumph for Nicky Butt's men.

The Yorkshire-born prospect will be looking to maintain his progress at the club in the coming months and years.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/mason-greenwood-signs-professional-contract-at-man-utd

15. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    UNDER-19S: MANCHESTER UNITED 4 VALENCIA 0

by Adam Higgins
    Tuesday 2 October 2018 17:00

Manchester United’s Under-19s made it two wins out of two in the UEFA Youth League with a dominant 4-0 victory over Valencia at Leigh Sports Village on Tuesday afternoon.

Goals from Josh Bohui, the in-form Mason Greenwood, Tahith Chong and substitute Millen Baars sealed a comfortable win which leaves the young Reds at the top of Group H on goal difference after Juventus beat Young Boys 2-1 in their second match earlier in the day. Meanwhile, it’s back-to-back defeats for Valencia after a 1-0 home defeat to Juventus in their opening match.

United coach Nicky Butt made just one change to the team that came from behind to beat Young Boys 2-1 in Bern as Luca Ercolani came into the defence in place of George Tanner, who was forced off through injury against the Swiss side a fortnight ago.

It was almost the perfect start for the Reds inside the first minute when captain Angel Gomes, who scored the winner against Young Boys from the penalty spot last time out, went on a mazy run through the middle and unleashed a powerful right-footed effort from 20 yards, which was comfortably claimed by Valencia’s debutant goalkeeper Guillermo Rodriguez.

The hosts’ bright opening to proceedings continued and, in the fifth minute, Chong’s free-kick from the right wing was spilled by Rodriguez back into the danger area but Jesus Vazquez scrambled the ball away before a red-shirted player could pounce. At the other end, Matej Kovar was called into action for the first time five minutes later, keeping out a downward header from Pablo Jimenez with his feet after Valencia’s no.11 latched onto a fine cross to the back post by Carlos Badal.

(More vv)

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...h-report-man-united-v-valencia-2-october-2018

16. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    UNDER-18S MATCH REPORT: UNITED 3 NEWCASTLE 0

by Cliff Butler
    Saturday 6 October 2018 14:48

Manchester United's Under-18s returned to our free-scoring ways with a comfortable victory over Newcastle United at the Aon Training Complex on Saturday afternoon.

Three-nil to the good at the break, the Reds looked all set to add to the total after the interval, but an exceptional goalkeeping display from Magpies keeper Daniel Langley saved his side from what could have been a heavy defeat.

This was the second consecutive Saturday that Newcastle had travelled south to Manchester. Last weekend, the teams met in the Under-18 Premier League Cup, with United running out 1-0 winners thanks to Anthony Elanga’s goal, while this game saw the lads back in league action.

(More vv)

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...nchester-united-v-newcastle-on-6-october-2018

17. dori2o

dori2o Registered User

Why are United 2nd in the league when they have a better goals scored and goal difference?

18. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    Not sure, that's what was shown on the link.

19. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LAIRD THRILLED WITH PRO CONTRACT

by Adam Marshall
    Monday 8 October 2018 10:30

Manchester United's young defender Ethan Laird has signed his first professional contract at the club.

The 17-year-old has been in superb form this season, making a real impact for Neil Ryan's Under-18s and Nicky Butt's UEFA Youth League side. Operating at centre-half and full-back, the England Under-18 international displays great strength and speed and has thanked his coaches for aiding his progress.

“It’s like a dream come true,” he told ManUtd.com. “I know it’s a cliché to say that but it really is. From the age of nine, growing up in the Academy and seeing players above you get to the places you want to be, it’s just something you strive for. I’m really, really happy.

”A lot of sacrifices had to be made and I feel like it’s paying off now. I mean it’s only step one and there are a lot more steps to come, including obviously getting to the final stage, which is the first team.

“I feel like they [the staff] have given me the pro contract and it's them trusting me and believing in me as a player, that I can go far. So I’m really pleased to have trust from Nicky Butt and, obviously, my manager Neil Ryan.”

Capable of helping organise the defence, he captained the Under-18s against Stoke City and is enjoying the extra responsibility in his second year with the team.

In addition to his defensive work, he is a real threat at the other end of the pitch and capable of setting up and scoring goals. His cool approach work for Mason Greenwood's strike against Valencia in the UEFA Youth League win on Tuesday provided further evidence of his growing maturity.

“It’s always different playing in the UEFA Youth League rather than a normal game, Saturday to Saturday,” he said. “It's the physicality and it’s more intense. There is always that little bit of flair from the other team that you may not get in the other matches. But tactically as well, you have to be aware, concentration-wise, so it’s a really good experience.

”Everyone was ecstatic with our performance [against Valencia]. The first half was a little bit tricky as we had to get into the game and had almost a wake-up call. Nicky Butt had a word with us and, in the second half, we went out and ended up with four goals, which was good.

“Mason’s a great finisher. I always think to myself, when I get in and around the box, who can I find? Mason is always in there and I’m glad he put it in. Neil Ryan, Colin Little, Kieran McKenna and Nicky Butt have always been telling me when you get to that stage [in the area], calm everything down as, if you’re in the box, if they touch you, it’s more likely to be a penalty. So calm down, find the pass and, hopefully, it all goes well.”

Laird is now away on international duty with England's Under-18s, along with club colleagues James Garner and Greenwood.

“It was a great experience [last break],” he added. “We went to France and played a few teams. It was a good experience with Jimmy and Mason as well. Yes [that helps] because it’s familiar faces to have a bit of chemistry with your own team-mates. You’re playing in the youth team with them but learning new stuff about them you may not know at United.

”I scored my first international goal – a header. I was very pleased about that one. I was also captain for the second game. It was a great experience again for my country.“

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ethan-laird-signs-professional-contract-with-man-united

20. Red Tide

Red Tide Registered User

Supports:
    Man United/Rangers