1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jezza, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United

Shame it didnt last

2. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Never got the appeal of vinyl in the modern world.

3. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    My prime motivation is over 500 vinyl albums that I've bought over the last 50 years but especially in the 70s and 80s.

Secondary motivation is the chance to browse and pick up albums of artists I missed at the time at bargain prices.

For a lot of the music I like, the sound quality is often (not always) unbeatable. I have even more CDs that I still enjoy but the sound quality is sometimes inferior, especially on some of the older stuff.

I've bought very few brand new vinyl albums in recent years and my own collection sat virtually unused for over 20 years - until a guy called @Vanni on another forum motivated me to get a new deck, get a cleaning system, then some quality headphones and new speakers. I haven't looked back since.

4. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    I was into dance music and had decks. Couldnt mix for shit but I sold my vinyl in a move. Terrible mistake as the songs arent exactly famous so I cant get that feeling back. Never sell vinyl is my point.