1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ward to Leeds

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Dawg, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Dawg

Dawg TᕼE ᑌᑎᖇEᗰᗩᖇKᗩᗷᒪE

Supports:
    Forest
    LEEDS MOVE ON WARD

Forest keeper Darren Ward could be on his way to Leeds United.

And Reds manager Joe Kinnear could use the money from the deal - believed to be in the region of £400,000 - in a renewed bid for Everton midfielder Leon Osman.

It is understood Ward is set to leave the City Ground after finding himself behind new signing Paul Gerrard.

And the Elland Road club are still looking for a keeper after Paul Robinson left for Spurs.

United boss Kevin Blackwell has his sights on Welsh international Ward - having failed in a bid to sign Gerrard.

He was due to meet his board today to discuss funds and the deal could hinge on the result.

It is thought talks took place between the two clubs before Forest left for their pre-season tour to the United States.

Ward, who was David Platt's last signing as Forest manager in 2001, had a back operation over the summer.

The former Notts and Mansfield keeper missed the end of the season after being injured against Gillingham in February.

Barry Roche deputised until Gerrard was brought in from Goodison Park on a loan deal on transfer deadline day.

Gerrard played eight games and was never on the losing side.

Gerrard has started both Forest's main games in the States against DC United and Richmond Kickers, with Ward on the bench.

Kinnear now has three senior keepers at his disposal after Roche signed a new contract in the summer.

But he is looking to boost the central midfield following the departure of Gareth Williams to Leicester.

He used Andy Reid there against DC United, alongside Paul Evans.

Forest have already failed with a £400,000 bid for Osman but any cash from the Ward sale would strengthen Kinnear's hand, with Everton facing financial problems.

Forest end their tour with a game at Virginia Beach Mariners tonight.

If the money means another fresh bid for Osman. I'd be happy to see Ward go.

2. Kezzer

Kezzer Forever Forest

Supports:
    Forest
    Agreed, we now have Gerrard, and although roche had a couple dodgy things at the end of last season (await Derby fans), he is a good keeper for backup. I wouldn't mind Ward going if we can bring in Osman with the money (+watever we originally bid)

3. Roots Manuva

Roots Manuva Sneinton Ram

Supports:
    Derby County
    :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

what im i worried about? moyes wont let osman go,unless its part of a cash/player exchange with reid.

4. Roots Manuva

Supports:
    Derby County
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

god bless barry roche! :laugh:

5. Super Johno

Super Johno Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Good signing for Leeds, though I think there paying too much for him, hardly surprising when it's Leeds though.

Will be delighted if we got Osman with the money, not only 'cause he's a good player but it will annoy the hell outta the sheep :D

6. iluvlufc

iluvlufc iluvlufc

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Where did this story come from?

I doubt leeds can afford to pay £400k for a player, especially a goalkeeper.

7. PeterC

PeterC Registered User

This story was reported in the Nottingham Evening Post, i'd like to see it happen :)

8. The class of 85

The class of 85 Registered User

Leeds' new owner certainly has a few bob to spare I think. He is willing to finance the money for Chaplow, Ward and a few other signings and will spend big if Leeds go back up.

9. mansfield_red

mansfield_red Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Re: Re: Ward to Leeds

What is it Everton want 800k?

Bet it would be a killer for the Derby fans who worshipped him last season if he came and joined the Reds?

10. RomansArmy

RomansArmy Registered User

He is on the rich list but I cant see him wasting much of his fortune in Leeds after whats happened there.

11. Chazza

Chazza Muffin-less

Supports:
    West Ham Utd
    I don't have the avatars on but if I remember rightly 'The class of 85' is an Everton fan? If so, what have you heard about Osman and his Everton future? Some Bluenoses on another forum I use are adamant that he is going nowhere and could be really one to watch out for in an Everton shirt (well, that's not surprising looking at most of the other shit they have there ;)) this coming season which would surely rule out any move, especially to two teams who will be more than likely battling relegation again in Forest and Derby.

12. Kezzer

Kezzer Forever Forest

Supports:
    Forest
    Chazza's laid the bate their, who'll be first to bite it off?

13. Roots Manuva

Supports:
    Derby County
    Re: Re: Re: Ward to Leeds

he wont join f*rest,what would be the point when moyes told him end of last season he would be part of his 1st team plans?

14. Roots Manuva

Supports:
    Derby County
    no need to rise to the bait kezzer,i agree with chazza,ossie too good for us ill admit to that but f*rest fans need to realise hes to good for them too :salute:

15. PeterC

PeterC Registered User

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ward to Leeds

A lot has happened at Goodison Park since then.

When you have £30 million pounds you tend not to care about fringe players such as Osman :clap:

16. Roots Manuva

Supports:
    Derby County
    everton fans are expecting him to make a big impact next season & moyes rates him,if he didnt he wouldve already left by now...HE WONT LEAVE!!

17. EMX

EMX Guest

I have a feeling he will leave, sooner rather than later.

18. Dawg

Dawg TᕼE ᑌᑎᖇEᗰᗩᖇKᗩᗷᒪE

Supports:
    Forest
    Aren't Everton moving in on 2 midfielders? :D

Goodbye Osman. :wave:

19. Kezzer

Kezzer Forever Forest

Supports:
    Forest
    I don't agree. If the highest bid they recieved was 400,000, surely they'd prefer him to stay but if a bid then came in later on at their valuation they'd consider letting him go. Same applies for Andy Reid, we're becoming more confident that he'll stay but we know it'll only take one bid to change it all.

20. The class of 85

The class of 85 Registered User

He's going nowhere. The likes of Osman, Mcfadden, Hibbert and Rooney are the future of the club. Okay if a bigger club comes in for someone like Rooney and he wants to go there isnt much we can do but we're not giving a talented lad like Osman away to a lower division team.

He will be one of our few shining lights next season IMO and will be a first team regular.