1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watford v Arsenal .

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Steve - Wfc, Sep 11, 2019.

1. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    ‘Good players can not overcome bad coaching. It’s impossible.’

That’s a quote from Bill Belichick.

I haven’t got a clue what Emery is doing. There’s no identity, no cast iron plan A. I want to give him time and be a patient fan but there is a real unshakeable feeling that we’re wasting our time with him. Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri and now even Lampard, you could see what they were trying to do early on. I don’t know what Emery is trying to build, I don’t know what this sides strengths are and we are now approaching 60 matches under him.

We’re worse at the back and worse going forward. Despite having an expensive strike force and having made a lot of investment in defensive areas.

I’m really struggling to see the point.

2. upper90

upper90 Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United, Detroit City FC
    cuz of the hair, or the performance?

not allowed to quote an nfl coach. you're not american. is that the rule, @FranniesTache? did i get that right?

Coys4, Pagnell and FranniesTache like this.
  3. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    Loved the cockup for Watford's first goal. Do these guys get paid for making us laugh.

4. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Apprantley they are a few fans saying our 1st goal should have been disallowed as GD had a foot in the area but it's their own fault for playing around .

And we are due some good luck with VAR.

5. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    Yeah I honestly dont care. We should have had a pen vs Brighton and the Newcastle goal should have been disallowed.

It's worked in our favour this time.

Super_horns likes this.
  6. tajjuk

tajjuk Registered User

Supports:
    Southampton
    That is correct and VAR should have noticed that but not sure any Arsenal fan can really complain, they caused their own downfall and were really awful in that 2nd half. The amount of times they could barely pass a ball 10 yards was staggering, even with their defensive frailties they had a good 3 or 4 opportunities in the 2nd half on the counter where they could have created an easy chance to score but either didn't pass or misplaced the pass.

Watford really should have gone on and won.

It also baffled me that Xhaka continues to a regular for a side like Arsenal, every time I see him the guy is just awful.

Rambo1 and Super_horns like this.
  7. Frosty

Frosty Champions Of Europe

Supports:
    Liverpool
    :laugh:

You see a Watford player moving in the direction of where your going to play the pass, what do you do? You pass the ball still knowing that it may be intercepted. You reap what you sow.

Absolute comedy show, Watford could have easily won yesterday if they were more clinical in front of goal, and it would have been a deserved win.

8. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Derby 07/08 supposedly only faced 82 shots in their first five games for a bit more context as to how bad that is.

The worst ever Premier League side FFS :laugh:

Stevencc and Coys4 like this.
  9. MrE

MrE Registered User

Supports:
    The whole stat together is really bad, made worse by the fact they're conceding 31 shots to the bottom side and 18 shots at home to Burnley. Liverpool and Spurs can be expected but to concede shots so easily to teams you'd expect to control the game against is terrible.

10. Coys4

Coys4 Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Both but Luiz with another pen and Guendouzi for putting 2-1 up to the fans as he was going off and then they blew it.

11. Stevencc

Stevencc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I think there's been some confusion over that gesture.

Apparently he spotted his barber in the crowd and took the opportunity to signal that he wants to go in drastically different direction, follicly speaking - a 2 on the top and a 1 round the sides.