1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Results - Feb 9

Discussion in 'Non-League Football' started by Hants Pilgrim, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Hants Pilgrim

Staff Member

Supports:
    Boston United
    Saturday February 9th

National League

Aldershot Town 1-3 Eastleigh
    Barnet 0-1 Sutton United
    Barrow 1-1 Bromley
    Braintree Town 1-0 Salford City
    Chesterfield 1-0 FC Halifax Town
    Dover Athletic 2-3 Harrogate Town
    Ebbsfleet United 0-1 Solihull Moors
    Gateshead 0-0 Havant & Waterlooville
    Hartlepool United 1-1 Leyton Orient
    Maidenhead United 1-0 Boreham Wood
    Maidstone United 1-1 AFC Fylde
    Wrexham 1-0 Dagenham & Redbridge

National League North

Blyth Spartans 0-1 Darlington
    Brackley Town 3-1 AFC Telford United
    Curzon Ashton 3-2 Alfreton Town
    FC United of Manchester 1-2 Altrincham
    Guiseley 1-1 Stockport County
    Kidderminster Harriers 4-1 Chester
    Leamington 2-2 Hereford
    Nuneaton Borough 1-5 Boston United
    Southport 5-3 Chorley
    Spennymoor Town P-P Bradford Park Avenue
    York City 2-0 Ashton United

National League South

Billericay Town 3-2 Truro City
    Chippenham Town 1-1 Hemel Hempstead Town
    Dartford 3-0 Bath City
    Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 Welling United
    Eastbourne Borough 2-2 Oxford City
    Gloucester City P-P Concord Rangers
    Hampton & Richmond Borough 1-1 Slough Town
    Hungerford Town 5-0 St Albans City
    Torquay United P-P Chelmsford City
    Weston-super-Mare P-P Wealdstone
    Woking 3-0 East Thurrock United

#1 Hants Pilgrim, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. DarkSithLord

DarkSithLord Registered User

Supports:
    Alfreton Town
    A trip to Curzon Ashton tomorrow then for Alfreton.

After last weekends disappointing late compilation against York we really could do with 3 points.

Curzon hasnt been a happy hunting ground for us but we are a better side away from home and Curzon have a poor home record.

Hopefully the Manager of the Month curse strikes for Curzon and we can scrap out another 1-0 away win.

Got to be honest I`m not too confident. Our manager is on borrowed time and lost the support of the dressong room months ago.

3. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Registered User

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    I should really follow these leagues more closely. Can't believe some of the club's that have dropped through the National League trap door having spent time in the football league previously

4. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    I'm off to Ebbsfleet-Solihull tomorrow. I'll be interested to see what Moors are like, pretty much condemned everywhere for being a long ball team of thugs.

5. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    New manager with a new plan to help us score for the first time since October.

Either be 0-0 or we win 6-0......am going for the 0-0.

What do i do though if we score.....forgotten what happens next.

6. DarkSithLord

Supports:
    Alfreton Town
    Sounded like a decent eventful game!

7. DarkSithLord

Supports:
    Alfreton Town
    Well what a thoroughly strange afternoon

The second half was frankly a complete embarrassment.

Reece Styche might be a decent footballer but he is so frustrating. Allegedly he got sent off for foul and abusive language although he told me he did not swear but called the lino (with the good hammy lol) that he was a cheat? Warrants a Red card according to ref John Matthews. Another inadequate official for both teams.

Then with 25 minutes gone one of the linesman could continue.

An appeal was sent over the tannoy for a replacement Match Official.

Nobody came forward so Alfreton`s kit lady Pam a qualified official volunteered.

Curzon then refused to restart play as Pam wasnt neutral.

After several lengthy discussions Curzon changed their minds and said they were happy for the game to take place.

So after an incredible 24 minute delay the first half resumed and we were soon 2-0 up thanks to a clever Josh Wilde chip

Then the second half..

Our 2 goal lead evaporated with 3 minutes 11 seconds of the restart and then back to the wall with 10 men for the rest of the half before we sercumed in the final 10 and would have lost 4-3 if not for a late penalty save from Sam.

Must be 10 penalties conceded now this season.

Reece Styche second sending off of the season so a 4 game ban. Peniket out for 8 weeks. No other strikers avaliable.
    We have a perfectly fine Striker Dec Bacon but he is out on Bloody loan as Billy dont like him.
    Got Callum Chettle back from Boston. But he cant even get in the squad because Billy dont like him..

We have the fixtures to stave off relegation. But do we have the fight/players to put the ball in the back of the net.. not sure

No money whatsoever for Billy to bring in new faces being as he is a lame duck manager.

Can we end the season now?

Old codger and Hooped like this.
  8. Kim Mitten

Supports:
    Southend United
    It was! Solihull are neither long ball merchants, nor thugs (well maybe not until 90 mins!) Until seeing them in the flesh today I thought they had a slim chance of going up, now, for me, they are genuine contenders. They are big guys though, not tall, physically big, some of them look more suited to rugby.
    I was very impressed with them though, incredibly solid defending. I haven't seen a League 1 team defend as well as them today, as a unit, players knowing their roles implicitly. I also have not seen such a consistent quality of dead ball play and crosses from any team at any level in a long, long time. Had it not been for the Ebbsfleet keeper they could have scored from a couple of corners before the one they did score from. Their movement in the box, the delivery, you can see it's something they work on.
    Ebbsfleet were by no means bad either, they just didn't get a look in, they had one genuine chance which the guy for some reason took a touch on rather than just hitting it, letting the defender get a tackle in.

Then we come to injury time. Solihull were a niggly team, Italians would be proud of them, a few digs here and there in plays backs, a few kicks just for measure as oppositions players ran past and as the 90 minutes came into view wasting time. This is what got the Ebbsfleet players backs up, so when a guy when down from a challenge in injury time they had enough, the Ebbsfleet 22 stormed in and started a fight with the Solihull 17, a proper melee ensued, fists flying, kicks aimed, Ebbsfleet keeper running 70 yards to join in. Only one who didn't was the Solihull keeper.
    22 and 17 rightly sent off, about 4 others booked, to be honest the ref could have sent off half of both the teams.
    The other sendings off - well the number 4 of Ebbsfleet goes down in the Solihull box, I couldn't really tell if it was a pen, but the ref books him for diving. He goes mental, grabs the Solihull defender by the throat, who is also doing the same back, with the teams now in another melee. The 4 is given a second yellow almost immediately and off he goes.
    The most stupid sending off was the last one though. With yet more time wasting the Solihull 19 I think it was, managed to pick up 2 bookings in the space of about 5 seconds for kicking the ball away after he'd been caught offside.

DarkSithLord likes this.
  9. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    Salford lose and Orient drop two points, what a crazy season this is.

10. Look Out There Are Llamas

Look Out There Are Llamas Are there llamas?

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Meh, we're not good enough to go up automatically - I would have taken the play offs pre season. Don't have the midfield or the strength in depth, although if Jay Simpson does sign, that will be massive.

11. Soup Ladle

Soup Ladle Registered User

Supports:
    Hartlepool
    I don't think it's two points dropped for Orient, we're showing signs of improvement and have recruited well in Jan. We've also got Hignett back as manager and it's clear the squad are much more committed under him than that dinosaur Money.

Michael Raynes from Crewe was just what we needed at CB, Molyneux from S'land is too good for this league, Kabamba was a gamble from Havant but has scored 3 in 3 and Amos on loan from Donny has looked solid.

We've already got some good players for this league like Noble, Donaldson, Loach and a couple of promising youngsters in Hawkes, Cunningham and Kioso, there's a lot of potential to build a good team here. Saturday was a good performance as was Braintree last week so hopeful of finishing the season strongly and going for it proper next season.

12. Kim Mitten

Supports:
    Southend United
    Salford got seriously lucky to get a point off Braintree in the reverse fixture. Turning on BBC Essex after the game yesterday sounded as though Braintree thoroughly deserved it, is there anyway Salford can just play them every fixture for the rest of the season, cos they clearly don't take them seriously.

Llamas - Orient better come up, dream duo of Orient and Wrexham please.

13. Old codger

Old codger Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Some strange results this weekend Braintree beating Salford must be the one I never saw coming. Fylde for me are the dark horses again wouldn't have predicted them to be in the mix at this stage of the season. Chesterfield who I tipped to go up grabbed a much needed 3 points as well. In the NLS I have a soft spot for Torquay, who are having a great season since Gary Johnson came to Plainmoor but can't seem to shake off Woking.

14. Kim Mitten

Supports:
    Southend United
    If Fylde don't get promoted, just like last season, it's utter failure. Remember they are another bankrolled vanity project. Don't know what Orient's budget is like but Salford and Fylde will have 2 of the top 3 budgets in the division, if not the top 2 outright.

15. Look Out There Are Llamas

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Yeah, Fylde are absolutely not dark horses!

Salford will have the biggest budget by a country mile, not including the fees they've paid for transfers. I'd imagine us and Fylde will have very similar budgets.

16. Kim Mitten

Supports:
    Southend United
    If it helps your promotion cause Llamas I reckon we could get Southend parachuted into the league for a game, I'll turn up and you can get your usual 2-1 win, I'm sure Tes Bramble could even come out of retirement to score an own goal or two.

17. Look Out There Are Llamas

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Loan us Dieng for the rest of the season and we should be golden!

18. Kim Mitten

Supports:
    Southend United
    What's happening your end with Jay Simpson, he's been linked to Southend now, along with..... Darren Bent! Powell has confirmed he is close to signing a 'free agent striker'.

19. Look Out There Are Llamas

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    We've given him a contract, he's got a week to sign. He's been training with the club ever since his contract with Philadelphia expired, where he utterly flopped.