1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West Ham vs Liverpool

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Frosty, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    Wasn't specifically referring to anyone on here regarding Ox btw. I think the criticism of him here has by and large been fair. but it's been ott on places like twitter, etc.

King_Kenny and Muller like this.
  2. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name

Supports:
    West Ham United
    I’d would certainly say there were plenty of differences.

upload_2021-11-9_18-33-15.jpeg

There’s clearly a lot more contact, and that was the reason they gave as to why it wasn’t a red at the weekend. As per my post, I wouldn’t have complained if he was sent off, but the foot went high as it bounced off of the top of the ball. It wasn’t a 2 footed challenge but He wasn’t in control after that point though

3. wongers

wongers Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    Take your point but would disagree, he wasn't in control of himself hence what happened, he dived in to the tackle that's why he ended up following through and catching Henderson with two feet off the ground if Pogba can be sent off for the same sort of tackle why wasn't he , it's all immaterial now so doesn't matter and W.Ham where well worth the win but that decision alone had a big bearing on the eventual outcome and to not even give a foul is unbelievable

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  4. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Very easy to make it look worse just using that picture. Im sure you watched the whole incident and can't surley think it was as bad as that image suggests. I mean the picture of the Liverpool incident shows your guy actually left the ground and looks like a lunge.

5. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    It does look worse. But there was far more contact, as per the still. and the reason they gave no action was they didn’t believe there was much contact. He clearly wasn’t in control once he’s slipped on the top of the ball
    As I’ve said twice already I wouldn’t of complained if he got red, but there’s very little similarities with the incidents.

6. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    ive said he wasn’t in control once his foot slipped off of the ball. So he could’ve definitely been sent off. I’m not disputing that. But it’s clearly not as clear cut as some think. He didn’t dive in to the tackle like pogba. His feet weren’t off the ground initially, his foot bounced up off the ball on to his knee. That may have been the reason why the var and the ref on sky didn’t think it was red??

7. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Think you misunderstood. Im not saying the tackles themselves are the same. But your point was about malice and there was none in neither tackle. But if there was any consistency both would have been sent off for the lack of control and the subsequent endangering of an opposition player. VAR sent Perez off like it should have sent Creswell off.

wongers likes this.
  8. King_Kenny

King_Kenny JUSTICE FOR THE 97!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah, Im the first to admit I'd criticized Ox a lot of late, but nothing like you see online...but nevermind, these dickheads are the type who would rip into Henderson, Lucas, Kuyt, Rafa, Milner, whoever was the current scapegoat, they dont give out constructive criticism, just hatred.

I do think its time to cut our losses with Ox though. Decent lad indeed, but he;s just not good or consistent enough to deserve a place in our midfield. Newcastle would be a good move for him. Isnt his bird from up that way?

#308 King_Kenny, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Machida likes this.