1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Wolves vs Blues

Discussion in 'Championship' started by DunblaneWolf, Mar 10, 2016.

1. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Enough is enough, time to get this bitch of a thread going.

This season has been mind numbingly boring but if we can take 6 points off of these miserable lot and cost them a spot in the play offs I'd be one happy Wolf. Ken did a job on Rowett at St. Andrews, hopefully he can pull off the same trick at Molineux. Cede possession to them, keep it compact and they wont have the ability to break us down. It's pretty much how we play against everyone by default but with Zyro back and the two young kids getting game time on Tuesday night hopefully we can add a bit more flair on the break.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Coady Saville

Hunte Mason Helan

Zyro​

Subs: Martinez, Deslandes, Price, Rowe, Byrne, Sigurdarson, Enobakhare

Worried about Donaldson up against Batth and we always make Fabbrini look way better than he actually is but apart from that there's very little quality in their squad. We're shite but if you offered me a point now there's no way I'd take it, we should be beating this shower.

Looking forward to the day on the piss and maybe a bit of an actual atmosphere in the ground for a change. I'm sure the football will be boring as fook but this is the one game this season where I genuinely don't care as long as we win. Build a fookin bonfire.

2. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg Wolves Ay We.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    The Wulfs v The Blose

Back for one day only because it annoys the fook out of the shemale Panja...

Back off a shit victory against Bristol City, so I expect a defeat against these lot. Plenty of ****y Wolverhampton or will the Brummies be silent once more.

Ikeme should be dropped and Martinez put in. If Siggy is back then yay a lump back up front. Happy Days.

3. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Shambles. We'll go with yours Quirk.

4. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    This season has been mind numbingly boring but if we can take 6 points off of these miserable lot and cost them a spot in the play offs I'd be one happy Wolf. Ken did a job on Rowett at St. Andrews, hopefully he can pull off the same trick at Molineux. Cede possession to them, keep it compact and they wont have the ability to break us down. It's pretty much how we play against everyone by default but with Zyro back and the two young kids getting game time on Tuesday night hopefully we can add a bit more flair on the break.

Ikeme

Coady Saville

Hunte Mason Helan

Zyro​

Subs: Martinez, Deslandes, Price, Rowe, Byrne, Sigurdarson, Enobakhare

Worried about Donaldson up against Batth and we always make Fabbrini look way better than he actually is but apart from that there's very little quality in their squad. We're shite but if you offered me a point now there's no way I'd take it, we should be beating this shower.

Looking forward to the day on the piss and maybe a bit of an actual atmosphere in the ground for a change. I'm sure the football will be boring as fook but this is the one game this season where I genuinely don't care as long as we win. Build a fookin bonfire.

5. Panja

Panja In a land down under

Supports:
    Birmingham City
  6. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    [video=youtube;vYS48UIQru4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYS48UIQru4[/video]

7. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Nothing annoys me young man. I'm 55, retired, living in Thailand. What could you possibly throw to annoy me my love?

I can see us winning 8-0.

8. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    :duke

9. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Two threads cuz wim still massive loike.

10. Acrylic

Acrylic Registered User

I think we'll win this, I didn't get to the Bristol City game as I was in Dublin - by all accounts followed a similar theme to all our games this season? Boring boring boring. Still, I'm an eternal optimist and I expect a performance against these lot, and to do the double over them would be most satisfying - we've had nothing else to cheer this season have we?

Stupidly I've just renewed by Season ticket about an hour ago ... why do I do these things?

11. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Oi Jez. Merging Wulf threads is a sackable offence.

12. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Current league positions
    At the time of copy and pasting, Wolves are 12th, with 46 points from 36 games, though Saturday's results could see them slip further back down the table. Blues are 9th with 54 points from 35 games.

Last 10 league games
    Wolves: W2 D3 L5
    Blues: W4 D3 L3

Leading scorers
    James Henry (Wolves), Clayton Donaldson and Jon Toral have each got 7 goals.

Wolves at home, Blues away
    Wolves' home record: W6 D6 L6
    Blues away: W6 D7 L5

The game at St Andrews in October finished Blues 0-2 Wolves
    The win ended a run of 3 consecutive Wolves defeats. For Blues it was a 3rd home defeat in 4 games. The goals came from Edwards (11 min) and sub Seyi Ojo (84 min). Teams were:
    Blues: Kushchack Caddis Morrison Robinson Grounds Gleeson Kieftenbeld Maghoma Davis Gray Donaldson
    Wolves: Martines Iorfa Batth Williamson Golbourne McDonald Coady Henry Edwards Byrne Afobe

Tuesday's games
    Wolves 2-1 Bristol C. Byrne 47m, Doherty 90+4m, Flint 77m
    Blackburn 2-0 Blues. Watt 20m Graham 23m

Team News

Blues report no new injuries this week, but James Vaughan and Nicolai Brock-Madsen aren't quite ready to be considered for selection, which does rather limit Rowett's options. He has again talked about the possibility of pairing the twin creative talents of Fabbrini and Toral, as he did for the second half at Blackburn, though Rowett seems torn between sticking with the 'tried & trusted' and taking the plunge into the unknown! Had teams around us in the table capitalised on a couple of our recent bad results, he might have felt the need to do something brave, but as we remain little worse off than a month ago, he perhaps feels there's no real need to panic just yet..

You can read more at quirkyisreallyabluenose.co.th

13. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Keep right on Panjgy....

14. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    I've always had a soft spot for Wolves, from way back in the day when they got to the UEFA cup final and lost out to Spurs. Kenny Hibbitt, Derek Dougan, Jim McCalliog (sp) were just some of the players names that we wanted to be in the playground at break time.

Course, I also wanted to be Martin Chivers but that's another story..

15. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I've always hated Blose.. :-)

16. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    [video=youtube;pAGkFS-y7dA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAGkFS-y7dA[/video]

One of my first Wolves games. I love you Bully.

17. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    That was one hell of a fookin apeshit. I can still remember the Brummies being very angry after the game on the Ring Road... Got to laugh at the Brummies, dragged up in the sewers man..

18. AimeeWolf

AimeeWolf Registered User

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Should be a good one, this. On paper there's not a lot between the teams, but one team has a manager getting everything he can out of his squad, and the other team..doesn't.

Can't imagine Jackett changing too much after Tuesday night's borefest. We won, that's usually enough for him to name an unchanged side.

Ikeme
    McDonald
    Byrne Saville Coady Helan
    Mason​

Subs: Martinez, Deslandes, Price, Hunte, Sigurdarson, Enobakhare, Le Fondre.

19. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    imagesZZ674LCA.jpg

20. Trent Mist

Trent Mist Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    May as well keep watching this rather than the dross being served up at Molineux at the moment