1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Wolves vs Leyton Orient

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by Deano, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    ---------------Ikeme-----------------

Ricketts--Batth--Stearman--Golbourne

Henry----Price-----McDonald----Sako

-----------Doyle---Girffiths-----------

There are a few selection issues. Golbourne went off injured - If he is out Ebanks-Landell should come it at right back with Ricketss moving over to left back as EEL cameo was impressive.

I'd bring Sako back for Jacobs, wasn't that impressed with Jacobs apart from the goal, he seems to run a lot and be able to take on a man but often holds on to the ball too long and wastes possession, besides Sako can be a match winner in a game like this.

Up front is difficult as none of our stikers carry much goal threat apart from Griffiths but considering he rested Doyle yesterday he maybe will get the nod. I don't want to see Edwards again, surprise surprise he was a complete waste of a shirt again yesterday and i'm getting concerned that Jackett is continually starting him when he offers absolutely nothing.

2. Boubla

Boubla Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    Orient win hopefully but wouldn't mind a draw. :hopefully

3. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Ikeme

Ricketts Batth Stearman Golbourne

Price McDonald

Henry Jacobs Sako

Griffiths​

As Quirk said, EEL in for Golbourne if he's injured. I hope he's not, we'd really miss him. I'd be tempted to put EEL in for Stears anyway if he was really that good vs Crewe but this is a huge game so it might not be a good idea to take such a big risk.

I think KJ will go for a similar line-up to mine but with Doyle or Edwards in for Sako and Jacobs out on the left.

4. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    It's me not Quirk :bye

EEL was very good when he came on, his work was mainly going forward though, he didn't have much defending to do.

5. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
  6. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Wolves 2 Leyton Orient 1.

7. Swindon_Chaz

Swindon_Chaz Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon
    Wolves 1 Orient Hammers 3

8. Painful Hearnia

Painful Hearnia Registered User

Supports:
    The O's
    We'll lose this one. We were top on merit for playing the best football and smashing teams out the park until about a month ago, since which point we've been hanging on by the skin of our teeth as Brentford gain on us. Jones, Mooney, Cuthbert and Batt-man all out, which are massive blows. If we have any chance of staying up in the mix, we need to strengthen in January.

If we lose to the biggest club in the league, so be it. To be top with nearly 50 points at Xmas is pretty incredible. We somehow managed to win at Gillingham despite being rubbish, which says a lot about our grinding out qualities this year.

Team can go one of two ways, depending on Lisbie's fitness and how safe Slade plays. We normally play 4-4-2, but could go 4-5-1 for this.

Larkins

Omozusi - Clarke- Baudry - Sawyer

Odubajo - Vincelot - James - Cox

Lisbie - Simpson

or

Larkins

Omozusi - Clarke- Baudry - Sawyer

Odubajo - Vincelot - Bartley - James - Cox

Simpson

We've sold 1800 tickets to date which is pretty good, hopefully 2000 will be topped. We will lose 3-2 (Cox, James).

9. Wolves n Proud

Wolves n Proud Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Looking forward to this for the last week. Hopefully it'll live upto expectations.

Leagues top scorers against the leagues best defence. Will be interesting to see how it all goes.

Can't say I know a fat lot about Orient or their team but they are obviously now there on merit and must take their threats seriously. Scoring 47 goals in 22 games is a great return and I believe the top scorers in the League 72. They'll surely have a spell of pressure and it'll be upto us to stand firm. I'm confident in the lads, we've only conceded 7 at home this season.

I'd hate to see 4-5-1 again. We don't have a single striker capable of playing the lone front man the ball doesn't stick to any of them.

After reading Jacketts words in a recent article its the first time I've had images of McCarthy and 'grafters' and 'putting in a shift' I really hope we don't go down that road. You always need those types but you need that balance of guts and guile.

Sako should start. He's capable of magic on his day and hopefully will come good. We've seen it all too many times completely anonymous for 88 minutes but still scored and created one. Its exactly what we need. I'd also start Doyle. This will be the biggest crowd some of our lot have ever played in front of so I think it will need key games from Ikeme, Ricketts, McDonald, and Doyle to maintain a tight ship and keep their heads if they have a spell or the crowd start showing signs of restlessness.

Should be a decent gate, our local rag reported we're expecting 25,000+ seen it all too many times that everybody piles out the woodwork for a no show. Would be good to see the crowd get behind the team and startle Orient. Won't predict but cannot wait :D

10. Southgate_O

Southgate_O Formerly Blackpool_O

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Cant see anything else but a home win to be honest.

11. Ubees

Ubees Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    I would like a draw, but can't see past a home win I'm afraid..

12. cumberland SHD

cumberland SHD Registered User

Supports:
    Carlisle United
    wulfs 3-1 orient

13. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Looks like it could be close to a full house tomorrow.

14. maybee

maybee Registered User

Supports:
    brentford
    Wolfs 1-2 orient express

15. Wolves n Proud

Wolves n Proud Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    I'm hoping the E&S reported 25,000 have been sold in the home ends coupled with Orients 1,800 that could see 27,000+

Could be a fantastic advertisement for League One football, full house, 1st vs 2nd, top scorers against the best defence. Really excited. Come on :D

16. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Wish I could go to this one. Should be a really good game.

17. millers

millers Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    Wolves 3 Orient 1

18. Southgate_O

Southgate_O Formerly Blackpool_O

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    I do apologise if you have read the idiotic tweets from some of our "fans" running their mouths on twitter.

First time a lot of them have been to a game outside of the M25 since Oxford :no:

19. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg Wolves Ay We.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I don't use Twitter whats been said. ?

Are you coming up SO. 30+ crowd at The Mol tomorrow gonna be great atmosphere.

20. GABS

GABS Registered User

Supports:
    Yoouuu Bees
    Judging on our visit Orient have nothing to fear from the crowd and not much more threat from the eleven on the pitch.

That said hard to call just like when the Bees visited. I'll go for a draw.