1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Wolves vs Norwich

Discussion in 'Championship' started by NcfcDin, Sep 30, 2016.

1. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Hopefully we'll be able to bounce back from the car crash on Wednesday. Expecting a tough game though.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

2. KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich
    Time for Ruddy, surely.

3. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg Wolves Ay We.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    If we beat Norwich we're only two points behind. Any team near Norwich at the end of the season will be in the top six thats for sure. Going to be by far the hardest game of the season for us, bar the Carrow Road return. Norwich are still my favourites to win this league.

We need to start off properly instead of a second half revival, hopefully Walter keeps the likes of Saville, Gladon away from the squad. Bod will hopefully return we missed him terribly at Wigan.

4. AimeeWolf

AimeeWolf Registered User

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    CtcIwk9XEAEedA1.jpg

Tough game this, I think if you were putting together a blueprint for a squad looking for promotion in this League, it would look a lot like Norwich's squad. Plenty of experience, quality on the ball, pace, goalscorers.

For us, it's how we bounce back from what was by all accounts our worst performance of the season on Tuesday night. If Bodvarsson's fit, that's a huge plus, without him we have virtually nothing in terms of attacking threat. Zenga may well shuffle the pack again, the likes of Borthwick-Jackson, Stearman, Coady could all come in. The fact there's an international break after this game means the result and performance will set the mood around the club for the next couple of weeks, so a win would be massive. I just don't see it though personally, heart says score draw, head says away win.

5. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    We've got the ability to beat anyone in the league, just depends which Wolves team turns up.

6. WolvesFan95

WolvesFan95 Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Depends what team Zenga picks*

7. Bonjers

Bonjers Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    No Bod again which is not good news. Delighted to see Nouha back on the bench though.

8. Bonjers

Bonjers Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Appalling stuff from Batth. Threw the game away in the week and carriers right on with it two minutes in today.

9. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    What the **** is that kit? :laugh:

Taffy likes this.
  10. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wales
    What a goal for 2-0.

11. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Great strike by Brady!

Just when Wovles were on top.

12. KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich
    Norwich strike again. :hanged

13. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Gutted to miss this one even though we lost. Sounded like we played well second half but were let down by another slow start and a defensive error from Batth. Not massively bothered about the result. Hopefully we have everyone fit and firing after the international break.

14. Acrylic

Acrylic Registered User

NK is back - what a delight to see : ) - apart from that, massively disappointing! 2 poor goals to let past us, we were awful at the other end - say no more.

Norwich will probably be there or there abouts, although they looked poor today, had a terrible kit, & their fans were awful.

Jez Moxey - you're a wanker.

15. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg Wolves Ay We.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    At 1-0 and the ball falls to Nouha on the 6 yard box, odds on he scores, but sadly took a touch when he should have buried and the keeper makes a save. Norwich go down the other end and fluke one top corner. Football is a game of fine margins. Nouha scores that at 1-1 I feel we go on to win the game. Thought we were by far the better side second half, we chased shadows first half and once again our own selves to blame gifting goals.

Moral of this story, keep coming out cold and gifting goals, we will continue to struggle. There is a team bubbling under there, at times we attacked really well. Not far off for me, but roll on January we need a top central defender as Batth really is ****ing shit.

16. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Yet again we were nowhere near our best yet we still managed to get the 3 points this time away from home. After what happened on Wednesday this game was really all about the result, which we got.

Have to say I expected a lot more from Wolves. Can't say I've seen much of them this season but I assumed with all the hype around them and money they'd spent that they'd built a team that will challenge for promotion. However the reality was that we controlled them first half without really being at our best, and for all their pressure second half they only actually created 2 clear cut chances, one of which they scored and the other Dicko fluffed. They got in some good positions but the decision making and general quality in our box was often poor, and in the first half we were able to play around them with a lot of ease. Had Jacob Murphy put us 2-0 up just before half time, which he should've done, then I get the feeling we may have ran away with it.

Anyway good to get a win going into the international break that puts us back into the automatic promotion places. We do really need to sort ourselves out though because we haven't actually played well at all since the opening day. If we can get into the top 2 without even being near our best imagine what we can do when we really get going.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

17. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    I assume you are talking about the shirt that looks like a bad set of 1960's pyjamas!.........absolutely awful.....whoever's idea that is should be flogged.

Kirby likes this.
  18. Trojii

Trojii Guest

It really is a poor league, mate.