1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Wolves vs Reading

Discussion in 'Championship' started by DunblaneWolf, Aug 10, 2016.

1. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. Bonjers

Bonjers Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Sounded very easy today.

3. Madejski

Madejski Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Sounds like our players aren't ready for this type of football. First negative but today seemed all too familiar from the failings of Adkins and Rodgers. What's the point in having 65%+ possession if you do nothing with it?

I'd also forgotten how bad our away record was, 1 win in 19 away from home, and that was against an already relegated Bolton.

4. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc VIP

Supports:
    Watford
    Why was Connor Coady playing given how bad he was last season?

5. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    Coady played right back both today and on Tuesday, for some reason he looks better there than he does in his proper position, we weren't really tested defensively today though.

Thoroughly deserved win, much the better team, the most encouraging sign is how good the new signings look.

Reading did absolutely nothing except try and pass the ball around defence, a number of times they got caught out or just knocked it straight out of play.

Dingle likes this.
  6. AimeeWolf

AimeeWolf Registered User

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Very, very comfortable win today. Teixeira and Bodvarsson were different class, they've made a huge impact on the team already. A few more signings of that ilk and we might surprise a few people this season...

We didn't dominate possession, but we dominated the game, if that makes sense? We just pressed and pressed, very high up the pitch, until we either nicked the ball off a Reading player, or they kicked it out for us. Our lads looked a lot more comfortable on the ball than they did last year, maybe that's something Walter's been working on. Even the much maligned Coady had a good game, at full back. MotM for me was Bodvarsson, followed by Teixeira and Doherty.

Reading were very poor, you can't play possession football and play out from the back, if your defence aren't comfortable on the ball. The keeper made three stunning saves, yet his kicking was some of the worst I've ever seen from a keeper. And the number 4 will be having nightmares for months about Jon Dadi Bodvarsson. Tore him to pieces time and again.

7. julian

julian Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I hope Walter will do well at Wolves, he's a top bloke and I was a bit in doubt of his managerial ability, but hopefully he proves me wrong. :clap:

8. Madejski

Madejski Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    All we've really done this season is dominate possession. In both our previous games we'd had over 80% at Half time, and finished at around 70%. Even in this game when we were second best it was at 65%. Problem is that our team are still developing and do not know what to do with it. I hope they can learn quickly.

Totally in agreement about Al-Habsi, he is a great shot stopper, but a ball player he is not. Shame we don't have Federici really. Though it would be difficult to Stam to spend heavily to bring in a new more suitable goalkeeper to replace our player of the season from last time around. Our number 4 is a central midfielder covering in at centre back, new to English football, so no great shock he looked lost, so far this season he's done a lot better than I thought. Really need to get in a new centreback ASAP, but it's already too late for midweek against Newcastle.

As long as Stam/the team learn from this it's good. I just fear that Wolves have shown how to best play against us, and we're only 2 games into the league season..

9. AimeeWolf

AimeeWolf Registered User

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Still early days. You'd won your first two games without conceding, so obviously it worked in those games. You came unstuck against us today, it happens. If you win the next game, all will be forgotten.

10. Acrylic

Acrylic Registered User

Did Reading even have a shot? They were beyond dreadful.

Good performance by us, mad to think that 8/9 of that team we there last season. Our new signings look brilliant so far, hopefully a good season ahead.