1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good summary of the recent history of Birmingham City

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Stan_Drews, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Panja

Panja In a land down under

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    what have you heard shak? Whisper it in my good ear..

2. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Registered Useless : Trevor Kettle Style .

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    I watched 30 mins of Barry ( Judas ) Fry & Chris Scudder on YouTube talking about Saturday's game & about both teams .

Fry said he had no idea who actually ran the Blues , he only knew the Wiseman's & D.O.F. Craig Gardener ( he lies your problems ) from who he met prior to the game on Saturday .

Sounds like your club is being ran terribly , you are or have closed your academy ?

One of my mates who runs the stewarding was along with a lot of older Posh fans & Posh fans in the executive boxes Saturday weren't impressed with his actions before the game singing along etc with Bluenoses when a thumbs up & a clap would have sufficed .

3. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    I miss the Barry Fry days.

4. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Craig Gardner as DOF is such a random one and shows the powers that be know nothing about football. No disrespect to the guy but he dosent strike me as the smartest cookie

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

5. tiltontrev

tiltontrev **~Key Worker~**

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    Our club at the boardroom level is a complete shambles, nobody knows who owns us, nobody knows who the board members are, when they've chased down address' of senior exec directors it's led them to little unmanned mud huts, what can you do, the Chinese are a closed book, they don't open up for anyone.

We did get rid of the academy and also cut any funding to the Birmingham City ladies team, I believe both of them are now back under the Blues umbrella but how much support they get from the club I couldn't say for certain, not a lot I'd imagine.

I actually think having CG isn't the worse idea for a DoF, for the sort of player we've looked to recruit I think he can relate to them on a level, Troy certainly cited him as being a massive part of the reason he came. I'm happy with him in the role, likewise Bowyer in the management seat, it's a good fit for us.

With regards Bazza, what a bloke, I dont know the history or the politics with the Posh but from a Blues perspective the geezer is a legend, I've met him many many times, he's exactly what it says on the tin. He was with us during a very dark period in our recent history, and without him I suspect times would have been even darker, nothing or nobody will ever change my opinion on him, if I was down to my last three quid I'd still buy him a pint with it!!*

*Although not at the prices the pubs in Peterborough were charging, he might have to settle for a lemonade and a bag of scratchings!!

David Bird, Panja and NotsoPosh like this.
  6. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Registered Useless : Trevor Kettle Style .

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    CG hasn't I wouldn't have thought the connections outside of the Midlands being a youngster still , maybe Fry will flog him his black book when he finally retires as DMac seems to source a good chunk of our signings these days , our Under 23 team is doing well , smashed Bris C 4-1 at theirs earlier today .

With Fry if it wasn't for his ol' skool gobby nature I'd be surprised after watching the Big Ron documentary regarding Posh a certain 30 odd year old multi millionaire in DMac wouldn't have bought into the club & ran it correctly giving us the best 15 years in our history .

Can't fault his haggling with deals , we have small fan base & lose money every season & need to sell to balance the books rather than get in debt but with a lot of our fans 50+ age group he's not well liked & I've spoken to a few people who witnessed his actions with Bluenoses on Saturday & that p*ssed people off , he needs to remember who's paying his wages .

Pubs in P'boro are cheap , you'd have got charged visitors price , it'd have been normal for us :D .

We have a saying in P'boro , Southern prices / Northern wages !

tiltontrev likes this.
  7. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    And tbh as a boyhood fan, Deeney wouldn't have needed much persuading to join, it's not like CG pulled a massive rabbit out of the hat from nowhere with that one! I do think Bowyer is a good fit as manager, he's abit limited tactically but a good motivator and will keep you well clear of trouble

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

8. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Meh, I'm not so sure. Didn't motivate Charlton that much when he was there did he? Tactically I think he's very limited, we've got the same defenders as last year and he thinks it's a good idea to play three at the back?
    Motivation-wise I think he's OK but you can only shout "Come on" so many times. We've lost three of our last four games, conceded nine goals in that time and haven't scored in the last three. I mean, Come on!!

9. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Some fans not happy with Deeney?

TBH not sure he has the movement or pace to be a real threat goal wise now.

Physically probably still do a job but defenders and officials are probably more wise to it now .

Panja likes this.
  10. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    The owners should be actively looking for hapless Bowyer's replacement this summer. Relegated Charlton, he would have done the same to us if it hadn't have been for points reductions to Reading and Derby. I like the bloke who manages Celtic, he'd probably think we would be an upgrade from the SPL?

11. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Who can you seriously get in to push you up the table though? With your awful owners it's going to be virtually impossible to find your own Coops

12. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Birmingham have somehow managed to release a club statement without actually saying anything in said club statement.

Birmingham City Football Club would like to issue the following statement.
    The Club can confirm that talks have been initiated between a shareholder and a third party over a proposed investment deal for both St. Andrew's Stadium and a shareholding in the Club.

For legal reasons, the Club is restricted in what it is able to say publicly regarding this matter and are not currently at liberty to name the prospective investor or to provide any further details regarding the negotiations.

Due diligence is currently being undertaken by the prospective investor.

Where possible, the Club will endeavour to keep supporters informed and all official information will be published on BCFC.com and the Club’s official social media channels.”

13. tiltontrev

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance

You say it best, when you say nothing at all

Suspicious timing as the talk of getting the Baggies game live on Sky suspended with on-pitch protests are spreading like wild fire on social media…suddenly there’s a mystery investor interested…:blah funny.

Panja likes this.
  14. Return of J

Return of J Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol C
    Do you get involved in the protests Trev or can't be arsed?

15. tiltontrev

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    Nah mate, I’m not against any protest and generally speaking I support those involved but it’s not for me. As long as I can go the match and have a few beers I don’t really care what league it is or who we’re playing. I’ve seen us loads shitter than this :laugh:

My lad and his pals all went on the pitch last time, me and my pals all went straight to the pub, it was ace for an hour or so, we had the place to ourselves :drink:

16. Panja

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    I think everyone who supports the club have seen straight through this bullshit. It’s just a shame that these billionaire investors who spend fortunes buying clubs could get Birmingham for a snip of the price and the sleeping giant (we’ve all heard it but it’s true of Blues) would finally stir from its coma..

tiltontrev likes this.