1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Amorebieta

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by KeanosMagicHat, May 22, 2013.

1. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat Moysies Red & White Army

Supports:
    Man United
    Well, you've signed him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22627066

I think he's an absolutely fantastic signing for you guys. Only 28 and I'm very surprised Bilbao didn't renew his contract as he's a cracking defender. I follow La Liga football quite closely with me having lived there for a few years, and I think outside of the 'big' clubs, he's been one of the best CB's in the league in his first 3-4 years at the club, though in the past couple of years he's seen his first team chances dwindle a bit.

Saw him play in Bilbao against United too; kept our frontline relatively quiet for 90 minute which can't be bad, no matter how dire we were!

Towering lad, probably the same sort of size as Hangeland but still surprisingly quick; good positioning and he's very good at moving the ball out of the defence. Good acquisition IMO!

2. Dr_Pepper

Dr_Pepper New Member

Supports:
    Fulham
    We need somebody to partner Hangeland in the centre of defence.

I like both Senderos and Hughes - but in terms of quality in the Premiership with other defenders they are not on the same level as the standards you would expect to see.

3. mancityfan8496

mancityfan8496 Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Terrific signing, and what are your thoughts on Derek Boateng? I remember him being good on Football Manager 06/07 ;) but in all honesty not heard much else!

4. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Good signing. Needed to replace Senderos. Could prove a decent partnership with Hangeland.