1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Blackburn at least 3 v Charlton 0

Discussion in 'Championship' started by adamf1, Aug 1, 2019.

1. adamf1

adamf1 #WeWantOurCharltonBack

Supports:
    Charlton Athletic
    First of many many defeats.

2. Addick By Nature

Addick By Nature Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    You make me seem optimistic.

Definite defeat, though.

3. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
  4. adamf1

adamf1 #WeWantOurCharltonBack

Supports:
    Charlton Athletic
  5. Addick By Nature

Supports:
    Charlton
    The perfect away performance.

Bowyer is class, we’ve actually got a real chance with him in charge. Set us up perfectly and made the right subs at bang the right time.

We weren’t brilliant, but that’s to be expected all things considered but never, ever felt threatened by Blackburn, even their goal was pure fluke. Don’t think they created one clear cut chance. We should have got a third towards the end.

We were overrun in midfield quite a lot and our need for more midfielders was evident, hope that is rectified next week. Was impressed with Gallagher when he came on, comfortable on the ball and good decision making which belies his age and experience.

Blackburn are in a world of trouble if that’s all they can muster up at home against our threadbare side.

Interesting Mowbray says they weren’t helped by the officials, they seem to give all the 50/50 decisions Blackburn’s way and somehow fabricated 6 extra minutes at the end which then ended up being 7 or 8.

adamf1 and CMJH like this.
  6. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Almost every manager who lost yesterday has blamed the officials already ..

It's the go to excuse for an unexpected defeat..

Addick By Nature likes this.
  7. Addick By Nature

Supports:
    Charlton
    Football fans are funny creatures how they see the same thing so differently. Had a little ganders on the Blackburn forum and Bradley Dack is getting pelters for hardly being involved yesterday and offering nothing, you go over to ours and it’s full of praise for the job Darren Pratley done on him by not giving him a sniff all game. Which is it?

It’s funny aswell, the Blackburn forum is full of ‘Charlton were shit’ this, that and the other. Absolutely no thought at all that we went with a game plan and executed it far better than they did theirs.

Not a dig at Blackburn fans, all fans are the same. Just an observation.

8. Riverside

Riverside Registered User

Supports:
    Cardiff City
    Agreed, this if football. When we were promoted two seasons ago sometimes the most generous comment we received was ‘Cardiff were shit, we were shitter’. Some fans just refused to give us any credit despite going up auto with 90 points.

Addick By Nature likes this.
  9. Addick By Nature

Supports:
    Charlton
    Don’t get me wrong, I’ll probably be saying the same a few times myself over the season!

Riverside likes this.
  10. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    It's very easy to be biased about your own team, we all do it at times. For me, in terms of Blackburn's performance and I have said this a lot against other teams, we struggled to break Charlton down - we couldn't work a final ball into the box and spent too much time trying to walk it in rather than have a go at some shots. Our defending, on both goals was poor, giving the ball away in a poor area and conceding from a corner. We were admittedly fortunate with the header onto your keeper's head for our goal - wrong place, wrong time.

Still, we haven't won on the opening day for quite a while now and one game definitely doesn't define anyone's season. It's the Championship, we will win and lose and anyone can beat anyone. Neither team look like they will pull up trees based on yesterday but Charlton just did the better job. Was a poor game overall.

The 6 mins at the end, some was subs, there were a couple of injuries I seem to remember and the Keeper was doing a great job of using up time for Charlton anyway.

11. Addick By Nature

Supports:
    Charlton
    Agree with all of the above apart from the added on time.

I can’t recall any injuries in the second half, 6 minutes is a bloody long time to add on. That was bad enough but the ref ended up playing probably another minute on top of that aswell when there were no real stoppages in that time. Thankfully, you didn’t threaten once in those 6/7 minutes which is ridiculous thinking about it now.

12. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    Charlton fans playing it down but they were a very decent side last year playing good football. I don't see them struggling.

13. Addick By Nature

Supports:
    Charlton
    Not playing down last season at all Ark, we played some great stuff last year but we’ve lost 3 of our key midfielders since then who were a big part of it.

As I said, as an away performance, it was absolutely on point on Saturday. I’m hoping we will try and play more football again in our next game at home.

Arkwright likes this.