1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by Dirk, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Bayern were poor overall but first game since the winter break so not going to draw conclusions. Could argue that Upamecano should have been sent off. The amount of absentees made it rather a meh game but still watchable.

The Zwei is back next week though!

Garrincha likes this.
  2. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    I see Leipzig away as a reasonable result. First game after the break I'm happy with the point tbh.

Garrincha likes this.
  3. Dirk

Dirk Achtung!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    This guy is fast but also often on the brink of a red card and some "lazy plays", although in this case I think it was the right decision for only a yellow.

thank god. Over 2 1/2 months, way too long. Shit World Cup ;)

re World Cup: After it Sporting Director Oliver Bierhoff resigned :pray and now the DFB presented a new Sporting Director (but unlike Bierhoff only responsible for the Nationalmannschaft and U21). It's good old Rudi Völler, striker legend, World Champion 1990 and from 2000-2004 Coach for the team. But he'll be doing this only until the Euro 2024.

Oli H. and Garrincha like this.
  4. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    I can't stand Auntie Kathy but anyone is more likeable than Bierhoff.

5. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Looks like Werder Bremen decided to have an extra week off ?!

6. Dirk

Dirk Achtung!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    1-7 :laugh:

Same btw for Freiburg. Before the match they were 2nd in the standings and conceded only 16 17 Goals in 15 matches. Now 0-6 at Wolfsburg and down to 4th (although still equal on points with 2nd and 3rd). 29 Goals in 7 matches so far. Dortmund vs Augsburg and Gladbach vs Leverkusen today

#2546 Dirk, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    Oli H. and Super_horns like this.
  7. Garrincha

Garrincha Football, Math, Cubing

Supports:
    Bayern Munich, Liverpool
    Freiburg :laugh:
    Bremen (other than Fullkrug) :laugh:

8. Dirk

Dirk Achtung!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Jesus Christ, HSV. :smackhead

Yesterday at the members meeting they voted with overwhelming majority for HSV President Marcell Jansen (ex HSV and Germany player) although there were 2 petitions for voting him out because of his failures in the past.

Then the doping scandal with Defender Mario Vuskovic, one of the best defender in Bundesliga 2, Croatian U21 player and on the brink of being selected for Croatia's team in the near future. Anti Doping Agency NADA and DFB banned him already in November after a doping test showed EPO in it (and the B-probe, too). If he's found guilty he could be banned for 2-4 years.

Then they let Tim Leibold go (to Kansas City in the MLS) although they had no backup for Muheim (who is imo worse than Tim, who was our Captain 2 years ago). Meanwhile they got Noah Katterbach on loan (Köln player and actually on loan at Basel).
    And to make the idiocy complete, it looks like that even Sonny Kittel is free to search another club.
    Tbh I don't understand this anymore. As if they (the management) are doing all they can to prevent us going up again. Very frustrating. But I won't let these guys in the management spoil my excitement to be back in the Volkspark in 7 days against Braunschweig.

#2548 Dirk, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  9. Dirk

Dirk Achtung!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Dortmund vs Augsburg 4-3
    Gladbach vs Leverkusen 2-3

So another 12 goals in both matches, makes it 41 for the matchday, that's 4.55 goals per match on average. Open House :D

Gladbach with new goalie Omlin from Montpellier and Leverkusen with Florian Wirtz. 10 months after his serious injury he came as substitute in the 75th minute. Leverkusen with the 4th Bundesliga win in a row and climbing in the standings. Now already at 9th after their disastrous run at the beginning with weeks in the relegation zone, which led to the sacking of Coach Seouane and installing Xabi Alonso

Tuesday/Wednesday already the next matchday

Garrincha, Oli H. and Super_horns like this.
  10. Oli H.

Oli H. Registered User

Supports:
    Bayern
    Time for my comeback with the Bundesliga! How are you guys doing? Happy New Year and all that. Don't get me wrong, I did follow the entire World Cup and enjoyed it a lot (apart from Germany becoming chumps, of course - and our so-called "tournament team" reputation in absolute tatters. :slap: There were a lot of fantastic games and the final was the best I've ever seen, top class drama!

Now for the Bundesliga. I thought Bayern's first half against Leipzig was quite good actually. Leipzig were lucky not to be trailing 2:0 or 3:0 at half time, considering we arguably scored two regular goals, rather than one, and also hit the post.

In the 2nd half, I agree Bayern underperformed, but Leipzig also started playing well. I disagree in that Upamecano was never going to get sent off with de Ligt already running at speed and within a meter of the attacker. The incident was in the middle of the pitch, and running fast is easier without the ball. De Ligt would've nailed him without Upa's foul, so good decision by the ref with the yellow.
    :rules

Overall, considering how we dominated Leipzig in the first half, I think Bayern were better, but the draw is fair, and the Sachsen were the ones who needed catching up to do at home.

I'm surprised how Köln and Wolfsburg trounced Werder Bremen and Freiburg 7:1 and 6:0 - that wasn't in the script!:pointlaugh

Garrincha likes this.
  11. Garrincha

Supports:
    Bayern Munich, Liverpool
    Next game against Koln.

Injured: Neuer, Hernandez, Mazraoui, Mane

Sommer
    Pavard Upamecano de Ligt Davies
    Goretzka Kimmich
    Gnabry Muller Sane
    Choupo-Moting

Ulreich, Stanisic, Sarr, Blind, Gravenberch, Sabitzer, Musiala, Coman, Tel

12. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Registered Useless : Trevor Kettle Style .

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Very enjoyable highlights show in a snowy Germany ( in some places ) & after a 10 week break with imo Kevin Frapp having a blinder for Frankfurt ( should be Germany's Number 1 ) in a comfortable home win , a rout for Wolfsburg with some awful goalkeeper positioning & defending by Bremen , a late show from Union , a 3-1 Bochum boost moving away from relegation places , the woodwork rattled several times at Stuttgart in the draw with Mainz , similar to Bremen , Gladbach's high defensive line punished by Leverkusen's pace , the goalfest at Dortmund featuring 2 English men with the boy from Birmingham bossing the Bundesliga , take a bow Bellingham & finally the draw in Leipzig v Bayern with the home side missing Nkunku ( not sure whether left or not )

Sky are showing 2 live games tonight , I'll watch Schalke v Leipzig where I expect an away win but the Bayern v Cologne match clashes with English Cup Semi Final 1st leg which takes precedent .

Garrincha and Oli H. like this.
  13. Oli H.

Oli H. Registered User

Supports:
    Bayern
    I reckon Musiala should be starting every game, unless he's far from 100% fitness.

14. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Schalke 04 Bundesliga 2 season 2023/24 incoming , already 0-2 down after 16 mins , two nice Leipzig goals though .

15. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Ended 6-1!

Wolfsburg with a another 5 goals in Berlin.

Bayern held by Cologne .

#2555 Super_horns, Jan 24, 2023 at 6:19 PM
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023 at 9:26 PM
  16. Garrincha

Supports:
    Bayern Munich, Liverpool
    It's called rotation.
    IMO It shld be ter-Stegen but apparently he's bad in a Germany shirt

17. Dirk

Dirk Achtung!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    :laugh:

Welcome to Bundesliga 2 ....again, Schalke :bye (delayed for a few months though). Leipzig with a statement

yeah, what's happening in Wolfsburg? 6 against Freiburg, now 5 in Berlin. 6th win in a row and already 6th in the standings. Seems that Niko Kovac has done it right so far.

LOL, one sided match, 25-3 Shots on goal for Bayern, nearly 80% ball posession and yet it needed a distance shot by Jo Kimmich in the 90th minute to get at least a point.

He's not bad in a Germany shirt, otherwise he wouldn't wear the federal eagle shirt. He has sometimes some bloopers in his game that's what I said. Before the World Cup 2018 when he was the #1 because Manuel Neuer had this bad foot-injury that kept him out for more than a year he was even very good for Germany and had it deserved to be our #1 for the World Cup and not Neuer who had no match practice when he came back before the World Cup 2018 started. Now he can show it again with Neuer injured for months. One thing is for sure, as much Problems as we have in the defence, Germany never had a problem with the goalkeepers. Not in the past and not now. Always more than 1 are at least international class. I see Ter Stegen and Kevin Trapp actually on the same level, but I think it will be Ter Stegen who is now our #1. I have no problems with it, though

Super_horns and Garrincha like this.
  18. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Mainz v Dortmund live on Sky Mix , already 1-1 after 3 minutes :clap:

German teams just can't defend , it's bizarre !

19. Garrincha

Supports:
    Bayern Munich, Liverpool
    Augsburg beating Gladbach lol

20. Garrincha

Supports:
    Bayern Munich, Liverpool
    Da Bundesliga summary (but it's 1/2 a week late)

Bundesliga
    upload_2023-1-26_14-29-12.png
    upload_2023-1-26_14-29-30.png

upload_2023-1-26_14-27-59.png
    upload_2023-1-26_14-28-33.png

2. Bundesliga

N/A

3. Liga
    upload_2023-1-26_14-30-58.png
    upload_2023-1-26_14-31-12.png

upload_2023-1-26_14-31-41.png
    upload_2023-1-26_14-32-11.png

As for the table, just so happens that all 3 leagues reach end of Hinrunde at the same time...