1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Mackail-Smith

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by pburrows92, Aug 30, 2012.

1. bha_

bha_ Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & HA
  2. Posh Josh

Posh Josh #pufc

Supports:
    Peterborough United
    Come home Craig!

Hopefully we've got a nice little % of his next sale.

3. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Like I said, we only employ two scouts - one for Brighton, one for Leeds.

I would expect the Bridcutt thing to be rubbish as I doubt he'd get a look-in here. Not that he's not a good player, more that we've got a few good CMs already who can't get into the team because Johnson and Tettey are on such good form. Don't really see the point in adding Bridcutt to that list.

4. bha_

bha_ Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & HA
    :laugh: That seems to be the case re your scouts. As you say, I really can't see you spending what we'd want for Bridcutt when your doing superbly in the league, especially when he'd only be back up for Tettey. In all seriousness, is Bennett getting much of a look in for you anymore? Snodgrass and Pilkington both ahead of him...

5. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I imagine Bennett will be straight back in once one of those two gets injured. I think Hughton quite likes him and he does get the odd game but he's got no reason to leave Pilkington and Snodgrass out really so he's out of favour atm.

That's one big difference between Hooton and Lambert, Lambert used his whole squad whereas Hughton very much has a set first XI. Not that I'm complaining, just means a lot of good players don't really get used.

6. bha_

bha_ Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & HA
    Ah right :(

7. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Bennett is a quality player. His work rate offensively and defensively is fantastic, and good passer and crosser of the ball. As you say both Snoddy and Pilks are doing brilliant atm so no reason to bring Bennett in.

Bennetts problem is he needs to shoot more often, when he does, as we saw against Spurs last season, he can definatly find the back of the net.

8. Perseus

Perseus Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion
    Surely Hughton is a different type of Manager than Lambert?

Andrew Crofts does not seem to have got better after his spell at Norwich.

CMS (Macca) work rate is higher than Elliott Bennett.

#28 Perseus, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
  9. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    He was one of our top 3 players in the season we were promoted to the prem. But in our prem season he was nothing like as good, clearly not a premierleague player. But was awesome in the championship, obviously that unsuccessful season in the prem has sent him backwards a little bit.

10. Perseus

Perseus Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion
  11. Topgunn

Topgunn Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Hope we do not go for CMS or Austin as i they are not any better than we currently have,might work a bit harder than morison though.

12. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    :slap:

We wanted a striker because Holt isn't scoring enough goals. Would Mackail-Smith start ahead of Holt? Probably not.

13. Perseus

Perseus Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion
    Macca missed Brighton's home game against Derby. Apparently he was not fully fit and Gus Poyet did not think he was needed as we were only playing Derby.

14. Perseus

Perseus Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion
    from the argus website
    Albion have received no offers for Craig Mackail-Smith and have no desire to lose their top scorer this month after signing Leonardo Ulloa.

Boss Gus Poyet clarified the club's stance on the future of Mackail-Smith at his regular Thursday morning press conference at The Amex.

Ulloa has been bought from Spanish club Almeria to play with Mackail-Smith, not instead of him.

Poyet told The Argus: "I have been asked 150,000 times that Macca needed this kind of striker (Ulloa) to play with him and now that we have got him we are going to send him away!