1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Craven Cottage

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Jason, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Thinking of going to the game in November between ourselves. I've never been before though.. had a look into how to get there and getting off at Putney Bridge seems the best way. Apparently it's a 15-20 minute walk though. Is it easy to find from there? Just out of curiosity.

2. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    Depends what time you will be getting there. If you get there about an hour before then you should follow everyone. If you will be there a few hours early for some drinks then your best bet is to get onto the Fulham Palace Road and try some of the pubs around there. If you don't want drinks then you can head along the river to the ground. Really easy to find. Just walk through Bishops Park.

So to answer your question, yes it is easy to find.

3. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Good to know. Well it's a 3pm kickoff (on a Saturday aswell - omg! :laugh:) so I'll want to be there early enough to have a decent look around the ground and stuff.
    I'm sure I'll find my way there though.. doubt I'll be that early there won't be a few to follow.

4. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    Hope you enjoy it, the ground not the game! Hopefully it doesn't piss it down with rain. If it does the walk throught the park will be shite.

5. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Well I won't hold my breath for decent weather in November :). It's a nice little ground though and another one I've been wanting to do.
    I've not had much luck on my few away days though so hoping for that to change ;)

6. Robin_L

Robin_L Newshound

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Craven Cottage is about a 10 minute walk from the tube through Bishops Park, with the Eight Bells pub en route for liquid refreshment.

7. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Thanks mate :thumb
    Think I'll definitely be applying.. £48 for a ticket though? Crazy :cry:

8. TUBORG

TUBORG 95% British - 5% Danish!

Supports:
    Fulham
    There's always another option, either going to Hammersmith Tube Station (Picadilly Line) or Putney Railway Station if coming from Waterloo.

9. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Well I've applied for my ticket and all applications were succesful I think so I'll be going..
    I'll be getting the train down to Kings Cross and then the tube from there so whatever's easiest/closest.
    I think I'll stick with Putney Bridge though.

Thanks anyway :thumb