1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

European League

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Tornado, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Got a lot more respect for the German league and teams after all this.

Bolton-John likes this.
  2. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    FSG F**KING OFF
    Just don't say he looks sickly, even jokingly. That goes over the line.

3. lufctommo

lufctommo Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Real Madrid believe they have a divine right to no longer compete with teams like Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal. They think that if they're not perpetually one of the top two or three teams in the world then they need to be given more money until they are. They try telling us they don't have enough revenue to run a football club and if only we'd let them have a few hundred more million everything would be alright.

The trouble is they already have one of the largest revenues in world sport. If they took more money they wouldn't be more sustainable. It would go in the pockets of the owners, board members, players and agents and the club would still be run on the edge of bankruptcy because that's their business model and it won't change as long as they believe they're the untouchable elite.

It'll be interesting to see what the protests are like at Spurs today. The owners will be hoping they can sweep this under the carpet but if we get the same scenes we did at Stamford Bridge, even after the Super League is dead in the water, then that'll be a sign the fans have finally had enough and want seismic change.

King_Kenny and StretfordEnd like this.
  4. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    I was hopeful we might have seen some punishment regarding this but I guess I was naive.

The only way you can punish these clubs is in their pocket. Not with fines but with suspensions.

Ban from the CL and a 25-30 points reduction next season.

Oh and force them to pay for Evertons new ground.

5. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Yeah and these FFP rules were pushed by these clubs in the first place.

Ultimately owners cannot be targeted directly, the legal setup of the ownership is as such they have little to no liability.

To me a one season ban in europe is the absolute minimum but I feel it is a light punishment. Probably would be disinterested in football for a while if thats all that happens, and if they get no punishment at all its just pampering which is the entirely wrong approach.

I found it interesting as well that some fans said they consider relegation to be punishing for fans, are these glory fans who are only having fun when they competing for elite trophies or fans that will enjoy their club playing regardless of what division they playing in? Respect to StretfordEnd for saying he would accept relegation.

The punishment needs to bring them back down to earth, remind them they not special, or excempt from normal rules of football, and that it wont be tolerated.

The sad thing is they will all be back in europe in 2023 due to the new wildcard system.

6. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    John Henry gas releases a statement on LFC Twitter

7. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    FSG F**KING OFF
    The depressing thing is we all know there will be no punishment forthcoming, either from Europe or domestically.

United fans don't know anything they didn't already, namely that the Glazer scum will do anything to squeeze money out the club. Liverpool fans know something we didn't know before though, namely that FSG are pretty much the same if the opportunity arises. Thanks for the education.

I'm surpsied City and Chelsea ever bothered. And we all know why Arsenal and Spurs were in it.

RedDevilsShinja and StretfordEnd like this.
  8. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
  9. Bolton-John

Bolton-John Registered User

Supports:
    Bolton Wanderers
    despite all the 'Big 4 and tottenham + Arsenal' have all pulled out now at least some good has come from this ESL fail, all the big names who sat on UEFAs boards have left, potentially making way for new people who will have better ideas.

10. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Yeah of course, you see this happening in Germany all the time...

The punishment is being relegated, how long it takes them to return is irrelevant.

Shane, Richard and Minty like this.
  11. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Yep and same with spurs, they think their actions were right, just probably wrong timing, its a given this will be tried again at some future date.

12. Daz_Blade

Daz_Blade Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United, Real Betis
    Sadly, I think you're right. The next few months will determine my future interest in the game.

If there's no form of punishment then there will be another attempt in the future. Hopefully UEFA, SKY and the like have a long, hard look at themselves too.

13. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    But then you're punishing Championship clubs down with them too.

Addick By Nature likes this.
  14. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    There were rumors of protests but I don't think they'll be that big personally.

There is a war coming with ENIC though. This has been boiling for quite some time and this will be the final nail in the coffin for many fans.

There's no coming back from this for Levy and I think once fans start returning it will become very toxic.

15. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    If the PL, UEFA and others don't take some action now, they will only have themselves to blame if and when we're back here again in future. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

16. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    FSG F**KING OFF
    Henry appears to be genuine with that apology, but I simply don't buy it. Damage limitation.

Leivapool likes this.
  17. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    They'll get a stern telling off but that'll be it then in 4/5 years time something similar will pop up again.

AFCB-Nutter likes this.
  18. Guyett

Guyett Posts gifs

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Cruel and unusual punishment

19. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    So its ok to punish the likes of wigan for actions of their owner, but a different rule for the giants? If this is true the FA have shown how corrupt they are as well.

20. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    City have a lot of making up to do to the fans, big summer ahead for the owners and I don't mean signings, get this season out the way, no distractions for Pep and players then see what Mansour, Khaldoon have up their sleave, time to step up and remember who was there when City weren't a big 4/6 club.