1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Everton vs Norwich

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by KeiranShikari, Sep 22, 2021.

1. KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich
    The law of averages say we will win a Premier League match eventually. Think we did go and win at your place last time around too.

Krul
    Omibamidele - Kabak - Gibson
    Aarons - Normann - McLean - Giannoulis
    Rashica - Pukki - Dowell
    3 at the back seemed to aid us in chance creation last night, if not making us betterdefensively. Seemed to fit both the players and manager more than 433.

Dowell to come in for Tzolis who will be probably still be on the naughty step. Sargent probably plays over one of the wide players though.

2. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Loving the continued blind optimism Keiran, no doubt you'll be the last one in the bunker saying the war is still not lost on relegation day . Farkes naivety will be a dream for someone of Rafa's tactical acumen in this one anyway.
    My prediction:

Everton 3 Norwich 0

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

3. KeiranShikari

Supports:
    Norwich
    As it stands you just have to put the ball near our defenders and we'll give you a goal. We had better chances than Liverpool yesterday.

I'll add that even in our 2 promotion seasons under Farke we've been slow starters. I'll admit it feels different this time as at least in those we had the base system down. Think we will go with 3 at the back in the long run but we have only played it once.

4. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    You had better chances than Liverpool but it was very much a second Liverpool side and you still got beat 3-0. Having had a deep look at your fixtures, you need a minimum of 4 wins by the time you play Tottenham on December 4th otherwise you look done to me

5. KeiranShikari

Supports:
    Norwich
    Oh it was a Liverpool C or D team, all be it a C or D with really talented players. We played 5 or 6 players under the age of 21 (the focal point of the side, Idah, had a horrible game), trialed a new formation and are still bedding in a lot of players so you know....much changed.

Basically we need Kabak and Normann to settle in quickly if we're going to gain stop conceding 3 every game. Up the other end Pukki is at least looking fit now, even though the Watford game was a write off for a lot of reasons his Pukki like goal was a big positive for his own confidence. No idea what the rest of the attacking unit will look like in a month or two though, think Farke is still working that out himself.

Buendia was such an important player for the balance of the entire side, both defensively and if course creativity, I'm nor surprised this it taking some time.

Dunno about your 4 wins before Spurs or doomsday will happen scenario but not being cut adrift when the window opens is an obvious must. Also I thought we were done already.

6. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I don't think you are capable of the 4 wins myself but it would show some fight and capabilities perhaps if you could achieve that

7. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    If you can't win this then you are never winning, Norwich.

8. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    One hell of a pre-season for Norwich.

9. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
  10. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
  11. Zydus

Zydus Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Only caught the second half. At one point Norwich looked the better side, as Everton weirdly chose to sit back after taking the lead. But both of Norwich's strikers were poor.

Brandon Williams looks like a good player. Has pace and a bit of attitude - the right kind.

12. KeiranShikari

Supports:
    Norwich
    Slept through it thankfully.

Reading reports it was an evenish game so there's that. Al teast there are a lot of teams that have started awfully.

13. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I think they are going to skip a season as they are special

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

14. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    The West Brom and Norwich annual end of season swap looking good already

Deano likes this.
  15. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Norwich not happy about the penalty award it seems and the ball had gone away from the player but Kabak did take out Allan at the knee it looked like .

16. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Thought the pen was harsh TBH. Much like Ronaldo's at West Ham it looked like the Everton player fell into Kabak before there was contact rather than Kabak's contact bringing him down.

Not enough to overturn the original decision IMO, but the ref's always bottle it when they go to the screen, especially in a home stadium.

Super_horns likes this.