1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Formula One - **** yeah!

Discussion in 'General Sport' started by saint_clark, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    What do you want Russell to do in the second slowest car on the grid? The last 2 seasons he had the slowest car on the grid. How much did Alonso light up the sport in those dire McLarens a few years back? Besides, he was given one shot in the Mercedes last year and he damn well took it. He'd have defeated his veteran teammate on his mid-season debut and won a race on his first attempt/opportunity had Mercedes themselves not screwed his race. What more can anyone do really?

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  2. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Oh don’t get me wrong he’s done an excellent job in his time at Williams I don’t doubt that. His race pace just doesn’t seem to be that much better than Latifi’s this season and his overreaction and subsequent crash at Imola may not bode well for him

I actually think the main problem will be Hamilton. For the viewing fans Bottas isn’t very exciting to have in the second seat, but for Hamilton he’s the perfect second driver at the minute. Brings the car home in a good enough position to win the constructors without challenging Hamilton and creating that intense dynamic like he had with Rosberg. He’s been very vocal about keeping Bottas on before and I’m not sure he’ll want someone being called up who’s going to challenge him like that again

3. RedDevilsShinja

RedDevilsShinja In need of a new username

Supports:
    Manchester United
    But he would have been ahead of Lewis and on new softs vs Bottas' used mediums. Plus let's be real, Bottas is a bit shit Max would have gotten past him easily.

4. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    The Turkish Grand Prix has been cancelled just six weeks after it was put on the Formula 1 calendar and replaced by a second race in Austria.

Turkey was added to the F1 schedule on 11-13 June to replace the Canadian Grand Prix, which was cancelled because of travel restrictions in Canada.

But Turkey has now become unworkable after being put on the UK's travel red list of high-risk countries.

F1 will instead run a race at the Red Bull Ring on 25-27 June.

That date was originally scheduled for the French Grand Prix, which has now been moved a week earlier to 18-20 June.

The move means there will now be races on three consecutive weekends - the French Grand Prix at Paul Ricard, followed by the Styrian Grand Prix and then the Austrian Grand Prix, both at the same track

Turkish Grand Prix has been cancelled

5. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Bottas will be there until Hamilton leaves. They can't risk having a 2nd driver who actually challenges him which is a shame for the fans. As I for one am bored to death of Hamilton and Mercedes. Rosberg's final season was the most interesting year in the last 8. The rule changes at the end of this season can't come quick enough, hopefully we'll have a big switch around. I'd love to see McLaren right up there again.

Red Bull are finally showing they have the pace this year but Perez hasn't been in the fight so far and that gives advantage to Hamilton. (Arguably the best driver on the track with the best team/car, they don't need any help!) I wouldn't imagine Hamilton would have been able to take that 3rd? pit stop if Perez had been 3rd / 4th. Verstappen has a real chance this year but with Perez fighting mid-table, he has one arm tied behind his back.

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  6. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Shame for Turkey but Austria can be good so not a bad option.

7. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
  8. scunnymadandy

scunnymadandy Alfreton 14-0 Sheff Wed

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United

#3308 scunnymadandy, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    RedDevilsShinja and StretfordEnd like this.
  9. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    The gulf livery is such and iconic motorsport livery.

10. Arkwright

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    Yuk Monaco, one of the truly shit race/street circuits...tradition keeps it on calendar, might have been practical in old days with narrow cars...these days it's matchbox motorway not scalextric:zzz:zzz:zzz:zzz:zzz

11. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    The thing is there wouldn't be a single track that wouldn't be improved with narrower shorter cars. The busses they drive nowadays are just ridiculous.

Anyway Monaco will be fun this year if only because Mazepin.

Tshabs and Donnyrovers90 like this.
  12. Arkwright

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    But after the first corner that fun will be gone....:laugh:

13. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    The gift that keeps on giving.

14. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Is his name pronounced 'Mayspin'?

15. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Yeah I think so. Haha

16. RedDev

RedDev Back from a long break.

Supports:
    United
    Well, they did for years with Rosberg. But he has admittedly said it took him sacrificing everything and using every trick in the book plus a good deal of luck to get that win.

Rosberg also did very well earlier in his career and beat Schumacher soundly. He was very quick and deserves all the plaudits for beating Hamilton. But he needed luck too.....

17. Mr Sheen

Mr Sheen Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    I too am really looking forward to see how long it will take Mazepin to crash. I am guessing FP1, first flying lap.

18. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    I really didn't want him in F1 but the guy has been hilarious so far. Long may it continue.

RedDevilsShinja and nazzac like this.
  19. RedDevilsShinja

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Currently watching fp2 and its so obvious these cars are way too wide for the track, there's barely enough room for one car through these turns, I'd be surprised if we saw a single overtake this weekend

Is there any rain due? We probably need it

20. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Only good thing about Monaco is that I think qualifying will genuinely be really exciting. The race itself will be appalling.

Sector 3 times at Spain are normally a very good indicator of the pecking order at Monaco, which would put Red Bull on top. I reckon Verstappen either gets a really good pole or dumps it in the wall and misses out on the top 10, no in between :laugh: