1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Championship chat

Discussion in 'Championship' started by SpongeParr, Aug 17, 2021.

1. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Makes it all the worse that they still shove away fans in the gods! Newcastle do the same and I've no idea why it's allowed.

Also have no idea why teams want to do that. Better away atmosphere usually results in a home crowd getting more up for it.

2. Riverside

Riverside Registered User

Supports:
    Cardiff City
  3. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Registered Useless : Trevor Kettle Style .

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Sky reckon Huddersfield's Schofield has been sacked , not surprised , what happened to the Spanish bloke from last season , he was good , Alex Neil now favourite with the bookies :D

SamB_SCFC likes this.
  4. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    No more Go Pro goalie.

Ben Foster has retired .

I wonder if he will go into the media.

:whistle

5. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  6. Adz

Adz Pizza Champions 2021.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Our fans have said the same about moving away fans back to the lower bowl, but I doubt it’ll happen now.

AVA likes this.
  7. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Even though they should never have moved to Coventry, they still have fans and I would take no joy if they go under. I can't see that happening but who knows?

I try not to think about it how it effects us. We've had an exciting few years getting back to the Championship but the future doesn't look so rosy. We can't afford to stay in the league, we are effectively self sufficient apart from small loans to cover to plug the gaps.

If I'm looking at it positively, this could open the door for a multi millionaire to come in and buy the club and ground.

Adz and Super_horns like this.
  8. KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich

I guess there was a small benefit for our club to our PM pretending to be a Norwich fan.

Super_horns likes this.
  9. Adz

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    I’m not like a lot of older Sunderland fans who despise everything to do with Coventry. I like how you’ve turned everything around from relegation to League Two to where you are now, and your support (away especially) is brilliant.

I hope this doesn’t negatively affect you and can come out of this stronger.

Are SISU still massively hated, or have things changed these past few years?

SkyBlueMatt likes this.
  10. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Generally they are, yes. After how they managed the club down to League 2 and moving away from Coventry, that will never go away and quite rightly. We have no future with SISU, we'll start to tread water.

Over the past few years, my hatred for them has calmed. Though they haven't invested, they finally brought the right manager in and gave him complete control.

I try not to think too far into the future, rather season by season (it hasn't been so fun this year :laugh:). It's been a brilliant last few years (big fish, small pond and all that) but now we're back in the Championship I don't really know where we can go from here.

Adz likes this.
  11. Adz

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    You’d be stupid to get rid of Robins, that’s for sure despite the rocky start.

Magic McLean and SkyBlueMatt like this.
  12. Dem Blades

Dem Blades Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    Hard to fathom what’s happened to Coventry. Weren’t you a top flight team for about 35 years, albeit Pre Premier League ? I recall that during the 1960s as a third Division outfit your support and attendances were phenomenal at that level ? I could be remembering incorrectly however, it has been known. Your City population and that of surrounding areas is quite large could easily maintain top flight football. Something went majorly wrong with Cov during last 20 years.

13. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    We had a 'celebration' game for brunt and morrison serving 10 years here..all funds went to the albion foundation. Couple players who never played for us but had connections to the players

Team morrson

Tomaz Kuszcak StevenReid, jonas Olsson, paul Scharner, goran Popov, leon barnett, graham dorrans, zoltan Gera, james Morrison halRobson-Kanu, ishmael Miller.

Subs: Andrew Taylor, craig Beattie, bob taylor, wes Hoolahan, calum McManaman, tonyMcMahon,

Team Brunt:

Ben foster, billy jones, paul Robinson, Pele, martin Albrechsten, robert koren, gareth Barry, felipe Teixeira, chris Brunt peter odemwingie, roman Bednar.

Subs: steve Maclean, andrew Davies, craig Gardner, andy johnson, robert Davies, simon Cox, sherijl Macdonald.

Teams managed by mowbray &, di matteo.

Some players on show with talent still so calls for some to come out of retirement and come back shows how far we have fallen..

Id have both managers over our current one too

14. Adz

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Quite a few players there who I admired when they played. Namely Gera, Bednar, Koren and Dorrans.