1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Hughton?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by NcfcDin, Dec 4, 2013.

?

Hughton?

1. In

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Out

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Undecided

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. canary10

canary10 Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Didn't our chairman say something about a top 10 finish not that long ago? Seems McNally has seen were doing crap and backtracked a little and come out and said something, following all the stuck Hughton is getting (the poll on the pinkun shows what most of the fans think) Yes we are out of the bottom 3 (we aren't stupid) but its very tight, given our lack of form and ability to score goals, play half decent football, its hard to see us getting 20 points from the remaining 13 games- you could almost make that 20 from 12 as 5th from last is Fulham away, and we consistently produce tripe against them. When he first joined the remit was to just stay up but now we want a bit more than that and at the very least some good football and goals, given the summer spending. We are not getting much.

2. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Worse than death is a bit strong :laugh: you can come back from relegation ...!

Isn't the backing normally the kiss of death?!

Last night was worrying. Ok, 'only' a cup game but it wasn't a completely weakened team. The defence was shocking and the attack, non existent.

I thought he might've gone this morning after a dreadful exit from the cup, but I guess he's in charge Saturday. If we lose, that's it, surely? If we win, which we have done in the last few sticky situations, will he be safe until we hit another bad patch?

3. ntfcdave

ntfcdave Registered User

Supports:
    Northampton Town
    Please lose, sorry. Seems like we're waiting for Hughton to get the boot so we can hopefully pinch Calderwood off you and have him as our boss.

4. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Just take him for free anyway. I'm not sure what he does and we need someone who can tell our players how to attack.

5. ntfcdave

ntfcdave Registered User

Supports:
    Northampton Town
    Well he basically lives next door to our Chairman so I bet a few convos have taken place. Rumour seems to be Mackay to you and Calderwood back to us.

6. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc VIP

Supports:
    Watford
    Time to sack Hughton and bring in Mackay (before some other club does)

7. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    I think Mackay is in a legal wrangle with Cardiff. Our board are clueless, seemingly, and think nothing is wrong. I feel prevention from dropping into the bottom 3 has to be better than trying to fight our way out.

8. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    4-1 defeat, against a team with the same amount of points as us. No-where near good enough. What do people think?

9. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    It was a good start and I thought we'd be ok. I didn't even want to settle for a point after we'd gone ahead :laugh:

After Benteke scored his first goal, which was brilliant I have to say, we lost our way and never came back.

We cannot carry on like this but I feel it's too late now to change the manager.

Bassong is a liability and was awful today, and even gifted them a goal.

Today was embarrassing and painful to watch. We made Villa look good.

10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Registered User

Supports:
    None
    ..and that is some achievement

11. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    But we achieved it, which is not good.

I've just said in the relegation thread, I think it's maybe too late to change the manager now, but could we do any worse if we did change?

Cardiff beat us. Villa have beat us twice. Villa have a poor home record. We beat Spurs but then take four steps back. We will be lucky if we finish 17th at this rate.

12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Registered User

Supports:
    None

Mmmmm, you could be right. I remember watching them in at TV game....hang on a minute..........

Yes, here it is, at home to West Ham in November and I wrote this

and this

..and then Norwich came back to win 3-1:laugh:

It's that kind of spirit that they need right now. The board is in an incredibly difficult position because if they stick with the manager and they go down, every Norwich fan on the local radio phone-in is going to be ringing up to say that this was obviously going to happen if they kept him. If they sack him and go down, every Norwich fan on ......................well you know the rest.

There are certainly two teams who are worse than them in the division but are there three? I don't know. And what happens if they do stay up? Has anyone got any confidence that next season will be any better if Hughton stays?

Personally, and I don't like to say it because he seems like a decent bloke, I think he'll have to go.

13. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    That West Ham game, the pressure was really turned up on Hughton. The Spurs game last weekend was the same. He seems to buy a bit more time every time he's in the last chance saloon, as he pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

If he keeps us up, it kinda feels like he deserves another chance, but I'm not sure i could stand a third season of this win one, lose two, score no goals lark.

And you should hear our local radio station after a match that we've lost :laugh:

I did think it was just our strike force that needed working on but, after yesterday, it's all over the pitch!

14. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I think this is just me reading too much into this, but I was watching an interview with Rob Snodgrass earlier, and he was asked:

"Why do you think Southampton have been so successful this season?"

He said:

"Well obviously the new manager's come in, and it's worked. Sometimes the ideas that the manager has doesn't necessarily work"

As I said, I think it's just me reading too much into his comments, but just wondered whether there was a little hint at Hughton there.

15. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    I think it's clear Hughton's ideas don't work and that could be what Snodgrass was alluding to.

I think even Hughton must be surprised he's still in a job.

16. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    I see Hooper struggled yesterday, he is the sort of player who takes a couple games to get into form, was always a slow starter at Celtic so playing him every now and then then benching him you will never get the best out of Gary Hooper. Shame as I think him and RVW can be a very good partnership for you with Snodgrass creating the chances.

17. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I feel sorry for both Hooper and RvW. They get nothing like good enough service, and have no support whenever they get the ball high up the pitch.

18. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I agree, not sure why Hooper doesn't start every game. CH doesn't trust him and van Wolfswinkel to play together but I think wants to play RVW to justify his price tag, which means Hooper loses out. So far though, Hooper's been far superior and looks good most games he plays.

19. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    [​IMG]

Not surprising.

It's backs against the wall now, ahead of Saturdays game against Sunderland. Just hope he can pull it off like he has before when its last chance saloon

20. hotspur33

hotspur33 Registered User

Supports:
    tottenham hotspur
    He only went and did it again. As a spurs fan I have a lot of time for Hughton.

As an outsider looking in I can't see a lot of progression under Hughton. But to be honest, realistically to progress you would need to uncover someone very special. Norwich do not spend "Premier league money" and looking at the premier league the top 7 is virtually is unbreakable.
    Sacking him is a gamble, but sticking with him will never satisfy you.